Author Topic: Caps vs Isles 10 March 2007  (Read 843 times)

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
Caps vs Isles 10 March 2007
« Topic Start: March 11, 2007, 01:48:30 AM »
This was the first faint pulse I've detected in the Caps in quite some time...anyone watch the 3rd period?  Wow!  Where did those guys come from?  Brash is all aces in my book. I used to hate him when he was a Hab, Canuck and a Flyer , but his performance in the final 20 tonight was most memorable, particularly with regards to Witt. 

Offline bob2274

Re: Caps vs Isles 10 March 2007
« Reply #1: March 11, 2007, 04:06:14 AM »
I couldn't catch it live since I live outside the CW50 broadcast area, but I saw the replay on CSN. They should have won that game, but DiPietro was too good. I was pretty ticked off since I spent about $250 to take the family to Verizon Center for Friday's shutout, but the Caps redeemed themselves tonight.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: March 11, 2007, 01:59:09 PM »
I couldn't catch it live since I live outside the CW50 broadcast area, but I saw the replay on CSN. They should have won that game, but DiPietro was too good. I was pretty ticked off since I spent about $250 to take the family to Verizon Center for Friday's shutout, but the Caps redeemed themselves tonight.
Didn't the Caps get crushed 5-2 or am I thinking of a different game? LOL, The Caps are the worst team in the NHL.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #3: March 11, 2007, 02:39:30 PM »
At least they showed up in teh 3rd period.

They should've won the game, but the Isles converted on their few chances.

But sportsfan probably didn't see that. He was too busy complaining and calling this team a joke and telling everyone on the Caps board how good the Wizards are.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #4: March 11, 2007, 10:35:20 PM »
Who are the Wizards?

Ha ha...just kidding.

The Caps do suck, but next year the Caps might be brilliant, while the Bullets, er, Wizards (no matter how well or poorly they might do) will still have a monopoly on the worst name in all of pro sports.  Abe Pollin should have gone with "Sea Dogs" instead.

I'm glad the Bullets are doing well, but I only go to the phone booth for hockey and figure skating (not too into those monster truck jams or wrasslin').

The 3rd period against the Isles was the first time the Caps actually showed NHL-level performance in quite some time...which is a bit alarming, when you consider that Washington has the two Sashas and one of the elite goaltenders in the league.   

But sportsfan probably didn't see that. He was too busy complaining and calling this team a joke and telling everyone on the Caps board how good the Wizards are.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #5: March 12, 2007, 12:56:48 AM »

From my understanding, you don't get a win for showing up for 20 minutes..  :shock:

Offline Senators2005

• Lake Ridge, VA
  • Go Natsssssss!
    • http://nationalsnation.spaces.live.com/
« Reply #6: March 12, 2007, 06:46:01 AM »
Will somebody please explain to me why Chris Simon isn't sitting in a jail cell getting corn-holed by a 250lb convict named Bubba?  This isn't hockey this is a criminal act...

:arrow: