Author Topic: Is it too much to ask for this team to win a season against the Marlins?  (Read 2130 times)

Offline PC

I remember we fell into 2nd place a couple of times earlier this season and some people were convinced that we'd never see first place again.  I'm going to guess PC was one of those.

Yesterday was not fun, but it was just one game.

Untrue.  I never thought, months ago, that if we dropped out of first, we'd never get back but it's much later now.  As a matter of fact, it's the Fierce Urgency of Now, now.

As I posted earlier in this thread, the Braves are in full out desperation mode.  Every game is the 7th game of the World Series for the Braves.  It's a terrible strategy, even if you somehow end up winning the division, you'll likely be so burned out that you'll lose in the first round but you will have won the division.

That's my ultimate concern.  The Braves are willing to burn themselves out to win the NL East and, from appearances, the Nationals don't appear to be willing to do so....and I made that argument entirely without using the words "Stephen Strasburg".