Author Topic: Flores out for 3 months, maybe season  (Read 3902 times)

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Re: Flores out for 3 months, maybe season
« Reply #50: June 03, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
Doctor said my symptoms will stay with me forever and they include:

- Random acts of hatred toward Adam Dunn.
- Accusing Wil Nieves of not blocking pitches
- Starting nonsensical fights on the internet with message board moderators

:?

HOF RESPONSE!!

Bravo!  :clap:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #51: July 21, 2009, 07:09:54 PM »
Nice interview of Jesus by Chico:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/nationalsjournal/2009/07/catching_up_with_jesus_flores.html

Q: So how is your shoulder feeling?

I'm feeling much better. Much better. I'm hanging with this stuff, it's kind of boring for me. I want to play, and it's hard for me to be just walking around the clubhouse when I can't be out there to be part of the team on the field. But one more month, so let's wait until then. I can get over this and start my rehab.

Q: OK, what do you actually do every day?

Oh man. [Rolls eyes.] I'm going crazy. I mean, I don't know what to do. I just come here to the stadium to try to spend time watching the game, talking to the guys, going back home. Like, thinking about it every day. It's tough. It's tough. I don't really like it, because I don't feel like I'm doing anything.

Q: What time do you get to the stadium most days?

As early as I can. When I am at my apartment, that's when I start thinking too much, and you feel so frustrated about the injury. So I just like to come here around 1 p.m. When I start feeling people around me, it's kind of, you know, more relaxing. And I can forget about the injury.

Q: Are you able to do any sort of rehab right now?

No no no. I have to keep be giving time to the bone.

Q: So no weightlifting or anything.

Nothing upper body. Just legs, working my legs, doing my cardio stuff, but that's the only thing I can do.

Q: And you do that every day at the stadium.

Yeah.

Q: Do you feel like you've lost a lot of upper body muscle?

I don't really know, but yeah, we used to work upper body, then lower body, different days. But right now my upper body feels like -- you know, like, losing all the weight that I used to have. So, when I start doing my rehab again, I'm going to work hard.

Q: Have you been studying your English? It's really good right now.

Yes. I actually have this here. [He reaches into his locker, pulls out a book, "Conversando En Ingles."] Yes, Conversation in English, this is my book. It's talking in English. So, learning how to pronounce the right words, and that's what I've been doing all this time. I'm paying a tutor to, you know, give me a personal class. I do that in the mornings, two times a week. That's what I'm doing, too.

Q: Your English, man. I can't get over how improved it is.

Yeah, I know. I'm an American now, man.

Q: So is it difficult to come here every day and watch the team lose and not be able to help?

Yes. So tough. Like, I can't do anything. Not even talk to the guys, because they are on the field, not me. They are the only ones who can control what they are doing.

Q: One month until you can start rehabbing?

Yes, all my body, yes. My arms, my shoulders. Yeah, I will build up my shoulder to get it strong.

Q: So a month from now do you think you'll go down to Florida?

I think they're going to send me to Florida, because that's what they usually do -- send players down there to do the right rehab. I've just got to wait.

Q: And try to be ready for spring training of next year?

Yeah, and try to play winter ball, too. Yeah. I would like to play winter ball in Venezuela, and that way I can spend some baseball time before I come to the spring training.

Q: You've got to be itching for that, man.

Oh yeah. Because there's no way I'm just going to go home and sit down, relax and watch TV when I can be playing.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #52: July 21, 2009, 07:12:40 PM »
Saw there's a chance he comes back after an MRI in a couple weeks on MASN.tv - would be AWESOME

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #53: July 21, 2009, 07:57:19 PM »
Saw there's a chance he comes back after an MRI in a couple weeks on MASN.tv - would be AWESOME

There's absolutely NO reason to rush him back.  He's the future for us at catcher, and the Nats need to bring him back very carefully.  He even needs to build up arm strength for throwing, it sounds like he hasn't been throwing it at all.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #54: July 21, 2009, 08:35:19 PM »
There's absolutely NO reason to rush him back.  He's the future for us at catcher, and the Nats need to bring him back very carefully.  He even needs to build up arm strength for throwing, it sounds like he hasn't been throwing it at all.

Agree, I mean if he can play a few games at the end of september, that'd be a treat. This season is over, we don't need him for games, itd be nice to see him play again though.

Offline PC

« Reply #55: July 21, 2009, 09:26:05 PM »

I thought Derek Norris was our catcher of the future.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #56: July 21, 2009, 09:28:10 PM »
I thought Derek Norris was our catcher of the future.

Near future, Flores.  Far future, Norris.