Author Topic: NCAA Football Thread (2011)  (Read 65219 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: NCAA Football Thread (2011)
« Reply #75: August 14, 2011, 06:19:01 PM »
Why because I want FSU to suck anus and for Wrecks Glassjaw to fail?  I'm not alone in either desire, especially the later.

What about the earlier?

[/spellingnazi]

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #76: August 14, 2011, 07:25:01 PM »
Why because I want FSU to suck anus and for Wrecks Glassjaw to fail?  I'm not alone in either desire, especially the later.

there's nothing wrong with either sentiment (spidernat knows the hate i have for NY jets), just seems you spit venom everywhere you post

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #77: August 14, 2011, 07:37:10 PM »
just seems you spit venom everywhere you post

You're joking right?  Hating FSU, Wrecks Glassjaw, the LANDOVER FORESKINZ and being disappointed with crap play by the Nasty Nats makes me a venom spitter?  Whatever you say hoss, sorry I'm not Pollyanna enough for you. 

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #78: August 14, 2011, 07:41:49 PM »
Hating FSU, Wrecks Glassjaw, the LANDOVER FORESKINZ

Don't forget honkies. You hate honkies.

Online blue911

« Reply #79: August 14, 2011, 07:43:17 PM »

Don't we all

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #80: August 14, 2011, 08:11:00 PM »

Crackers, yeah, I ain't too fond of them. 

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #81: August 14, 2011, 08:11:51 PM »
Here's some positivity for you - Kevrock has the most badazz avatar ever.  Even better than Sportsnyan's poptart cat. "Stakes is High" is the fiyah.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #82: August 14, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
You're joking right?  Hating FSU, Wrecks Glassjaw, the LANDOVER FORESKINZ and being disappointed with crap play by the Nasty Nats makes me a venom spitter?  Whatever you say hoss, sorry I'm not Pollyanna enough for you. 

Just an observation I had. Maybe I've just been reading the wrong threads ;)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #83: August 14, 2011, 08:19:30 PM »
Just an observation I had. Maybe I've just been reading the wrong threads ;)

Maybe, I can definitely be negative and there are certain things I have an axe to grid with (HRod, FSU, Wrecks Glassjaw) but I can, on occasion, be positive.  For example, I can't wait to see how kick azz Oregon, Virginia Tech, and Nebraska are this season. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #84: August 14, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
Maybe, I can definitely be negative and there are certain things I have an axe to grid with (HRod, FSU, Wrecks Glassjaw) but I can, on occasion, be positive.  For example, I can't wait to see how kick azz Oregon, Virginia Tech, and Nebraska are this season. 

Most of the threads I've been reading have been this one, NFL/Skins, and the broadcast debate. So that's probably why I've seen the negativity...

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #85: August 14, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
Here's some positivity for you - Kevrock has the most badazz avatar ever.  Even better than Sportsnyan's poptart cat. "Stakes is High" is the fiyah.

<3

Good talk, I'll see you guys out there.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #86: August 14, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
Most of the threads I've been reading have been this one

Yeah, I could see that.  I just really hate FSU.  You know how some people just really, really, really hate Duke?  That's FSU for me. 

NFL/Skins

Honestly, there are some dudes on the Redskinz that I really like (London Fletcher, I'm looking at you) but man, they've got two guys I just can't stand - Mike Shanahan and Wrecks Glassjaw.   It doesn't help that I've worked with three of the biggest Deadskinz homers alive for four plus years.  Every August I hear the same nonsense "we're going all the way, look out Santana Moss SB MVP/Shanahan is pre-NASCAR Gibbs/John Beck is Kurt Warner 2.0".   

the broadcast debate.

What can I say, Bob C did something really, really nice for me that most people in his position would never do so I'm always going to be in his corner.  I actually really liked Dave as the PBP guy last night but Kalas was just really bad on the radio with Charlie. 

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #87: August 14, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »

Yeah, I could see that.  I just really hate FSU.  You know how some people just really, really, really hate Duke?  That's FSU for me. 

Honestly, there are some dudes on the Redskinz that I really like (London Fletcher, I'm looking at you) but man, they've got two guys I just can't stand - Mike Shanahan and Wrecks Glassjaw.   It doesn't help that I've worked with three of the biggest Deadskinz homers alive for four plus years.  Every August I hear the same nonsense "we're going all the way, look out Santana Moss SB MVP/Shanahan is pre-NASCAR Gibbs/John Beck is Kurt Warner 2.0".   

What can I say, Bob C did something really, really nice for me that most people in his position would never do so I'm always going to be in his corner.  I actually really liked Dave as the PBP guy last night but Kalas was just really bad on the radio with Charlie. 

I have no problems with any of your reasons.

Offline Kevrock

« Reply #88: August 14, 2011, 10:01:38 PM »
Marquis, what's your college team?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #89: August 14, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Marquis, what's your college team?

I only follow NCAA Football so here they are in order of importance - Oregon, Virginia Tech, Texas, and Tennessee.  VT 'cause I mistakenly went there twice (!), Oregon 'cause Dennis Dixon got me hooked and Chip Kelly is awesome (LaMichael James Heisman baby!), Texas and Colt McCoy maybe me a ton of money a few years ago, and Tennessee as a result of Mrs. de Sade.  Honestly, I can't get enough college football and will watch any game that's on (outside of Notre Dame). 

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #90: August 14, 2011, 10:28:53 PM »
:lmao: I guess they don't want a second rate big 12 team

funny, seems they pound TX every year.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #91: August 14, 2011, 10:30:33 PM »
I only follow NCAA Football so here they are in order of importance - Oregon, Virginia Tech, Texas, and Tennessee.  VT 'cause I mistakenly went there twice (!), Oregon 'cause Dennis Dixon got me hooked and Chip Kelly is awesome (LaMichael James Heisman baby!), Texas and Colt McCoy maybe me a ton of money a few years ago, and Tennessee as a result of Mrs. de Sade.  Honestly, I can't get enough college football and will watch any game that's on (outside of Notre Dame). 

I'm pretty much the same way. I love Maryland and will watch MD every weekend, but I really just love college football. So many good matchups every weekend...

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #92: August 14, 2011, 10:31:07 PM »
Because the Big 12 didn't (doesn't) need TCU.  They wouldn't add a big fan base, or alum base, or media market, or any sort of historical tradition.  Why would OU or Texas or anyone else want to add a team that would have a great shot to beat them fairly regularly if they don't add something else of value to the conference?  And OU would still be the best team in that conference, TCU wouldn't jump in and dominate.

You know that TCU, Rice, Texas, and A&M have a historic rivalry, right?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #93: August 14, 2011, 11:23:21 PM »
So many good matchups every weekend...

And upsets.  That's what's great about college football - you never know what's going to happen on Thursday night or Saturday.  I'm really curious how WVU will do this year after the nonsense from this summer. 

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #94: August 14, 2011, 11:29:40 PM »
You know that TCU, Rice, Texas, and A&M have a historic rivalry, right?
That's different from a historical tradition.  Those rivalries are long since dead other than than the UT/A&M clash.  They'd be marriages of convenience at this point and that's about it.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #95: August 14, 2011, 11:29:45 PM »
And upsets.  That's what's great about college football - you never know what's going to happen on Thursday night or Saturday.  I'm really curious how WVU will do this year after the nonsense from this summer. 

Maryland's going to make them their nag :clap:

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #96: August 14, 2011, 11:30:29 PM »
Not sure if it'll happen this year, but they'll put up points in bunches once Holgerson gets his system in there.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #97: August 15, 2011, 12:08:11 AM »
Maryland's going to make them their nag :clap:

Make those hillbillies pay!  Have you ever been to Morgantown before?  My grandmother donated her body to science and they had a memorial back in may there.  Jesus, talk about a depressing town.  I thought Blacksburg was bleak in the wintertime, it ain't got nothing on Morgantown anytime of the year.  Just depressing.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #98: August 15, 2011, 12:09:54 AM »
Make those hillbillies pay!  Have you ever been to Morgantown before?  My grandmother donated her body to science and they had a memorial back in may there.  Jesus, talk about a depressing town.  I thought Blacksburg was bleak in the wintertime, it ain't got nothing on Morgantown anytime of the year.  Just depressing.

I haven't. But if it's worse than Blacksburg...yikes.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #99: August 15, 2011, 12:13:11 AM »
I haven't. But if it's worse than Blacksburg...yikes.

Blacksburg is an awesome, beautiful town in the summertime and parts of the fall and spring.  I love wintertime but even for me it could get to be too bleak at times.  Morgantown is probably the only town/city I've ever been to that didn't bother to clean up the waterfront of trash.  There's literally a ton of trash floating near the dam next to the fancy waterfront hotel.