Author Topic: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1  (Read 35233 times)

Offline UMDNats

Re: Nationals vs Marlins, Game 1
« Reply #225: September 03, 2007, 04:43:06 PM »
Another horrible outing by the Nats.  What we do that the good teams dont:  (1) allow the other team to score, (2) have innings where we don't score, and (3) make errors.  Until we can overcome that garbage we will never be any good.

Wow. We win and you say this?
I want to hear your comments after a blowout loss.

And for the record, good teams DO allow the other team to score (quite a lot, actually), good teams have innings where they don't score (more than innings in which they do), and good teams make errors.
So you're completely wrong on all 3 counts.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
« Reply #226: September 03, 2007, 04:48:33 PM »
Yankees, Tigers, Seattle, and Phillies allow teams to score more runs than we allow them to. Do you consider them a bad team??

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #227: September 03, 2007, 04:50:57 PM »
Why was there a Monday day game...Labor Day, oh yeah.  Damn it, I missed the game.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #228: September 03, 2007, 04:58:25 PM »
Another horrible outing by the Nats.  What we do that the good teams dont:  (1) allow the other team to score, (2) have innings where we don't score, and (3) make errors.  Until we can overcome that garbage we will never be any good.

Offline heatchucker

« Reply #229: September 03, 2007, 05:22:04 PM »
I can't seem to stay logged on for some reason.
The reason you can't stay logged in is because the server is sick of you bashing Bergmann when he has a good outing

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #230: September 03, 2007, 05:23:47 PM »

He didn't use smilies, but I detect a bit of sarcasm here.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #231: September 03, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »
LOL!!!  Thank you.  Spidey what happened to you?  I thought you'd like his performance today.  He got a big ovation when he left the field.  I mean 108 pitches , over 60% of them K's, 9 SO, 3 hits and 1 run.  Excellent outting!  I told Andrew I thought he was the good luck charm!

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #232: September 03, 2007, 05:57:44 PM »
Why was Bergmann pulled when he was...FOR JUST ONCE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NATS PITCHER GET A C0MPLETE-GAME WIN!

Other than that, not a bad afternoon of baseball (with win# 63, silencing the naysayers for this season, getting closer).

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #233: September 03, 2007, 05:59:01 PM »
Why was Bergmann pulled when he was...FOR JUST ONCE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE A NATS PITCHER GET A C0MPLETE-GAME WIN!

Pitch count. that's the only reason, really.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #234: September 03, 2007, 06:12:00 PM »
The reason you can't stay logged in is because the server is sick of you bashing Bergmann when he has a good outing

WTF are you talking about dude? All I said was that he was throwing some beachballs (a joke that has been used about Bergmann) and that is a fact that cannot be disputed. He gave up a jack and was lucky that some of the other rockets that were hit either stayed just foul or didn't go out of the park. I was clear in giving him his due in the game thread.

LOL!!!  Thank you.  Spidey what happened to you?  I thought you'd like his performance today. 

And what do you mean what happened to me? I extend proper credit when it's due, and I did today for Bergmann, but I'm not going to kowtow to every player that has a fan club on this forum for whatever reason that isn't even baseball related just to please said fanclub members. Am I supposed to saturate my posts with praise about Bergmann being the next Cy Young or John Patterson?

Offline kimnat

« Reply #235: September 03, 2007, 06:17:40 PM »
No, I was teasin you!  But I'll go for this one. Berg for Cy Award!  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #236: September 03, 2007, 06:37:37 PM »
Man what a great game today..  Bergmann was spectacular, the only run he gave up was Schneider's fault.  Schneider set up on the inside part of the plate and Bergmann threw it right to where his glove was.  Unfortunately that was the only pitch that Mike Jacobs can hit.  I'm not sure why Manny used Colome in the 8th (I would have gone with Abreu) but Rauch did a hell of a job getting those 2 big Strikeouts.  Kearns looked good and lately Lopez has been coming through with some big hits as well.  Pena's shot was niceeeeeeee

Offline kimnat

« Reply #237: September 03, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »
Were you there today?  Did you get to see Andrew?

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #238: September 03, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »

Other than that, not a bad afternoon of baseball (with win# 63, silencing the naysayers for this season, getting closer).

Isn't this his first game back in awhile?  Don't want to wear him out his first day!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #239: September 03, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »
Were you there today?  Did you get to see Andrew?
Yeah, pretty cool.  Looked like he had fun.  Was that you that Bergmann waived to when he was heading into the dugout before the game? 

Offline ernie0326

« Reply #240: September 03, 2007, 09:09:46 PM »

EHHHHHHHHHH......SHUTTTUPPPP!!

JEEZ!!  THIS CHARACTER AND "Mr. Sunshine" MUST BE BLOOD RELATIVES....

Offline kimnat

« Reply #241: September 03, 2007, 09:53:40 PM »
Yeah, pretty cool.  Looked like he had fun.  Was that you that Bergmann waived to when he was heading into the dugout before the game? 

YEAH!!!!!  He was really nice.  I didn't want to strike up a conversation w/ him at that time as I didn't want to messup his thoughts for the game.  I figured he'd be getting into his zone and I didn't want to be a distraction.

Andrew did have  blast.  We're still sailing on the emotional highs of the day.  It was fantastic!