Author Topic: And you thought Monica Lewinsky saved stuff too long...  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Dave B

Check out Brian McNamee

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3233878

syringes, vials, gauze, blood

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

If Clemen's DNA comes back on any of it you might as well file the Rocket under "Screwed."

Offline Dave B

If clemens was injected with steroids (looks like it), he probably just puked, pissed, and crapped all at the same time.  We might finally have our first test case to determine whether doing any of those two simultaneously does in fact kill you. Oh wait, maybe that is sneeze and fart, but anyway...

Offline spidernat

It will have to have his DNA and a residue of HGH/steroid. Otherwise he'll just say that he already admitted to being injected with B12 and whatever else he claimed or he'll claim the evidence has been tampered with and McNamee should've come forward with this sooner (that may have saved him from perjuring himself). However, there must be at least a chance that this could be the smoking gun we've being waiting for.

natsfan1a

:lol: I never heard that one before but I would guess that the theory would involve some kind of pressure buildup situation?

We might finally have our first test case to determine whether doing any of those two simultaneously does in fact kill you. Oh wait, maybe that is sneeze and fart, but anyway...

natsfan1a

Seriously, this is a very interesting development.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
It will have to have his DNA and a residue of HGH/steroid. Otherwise he'll just say that he already admitted to being injected with B12 and whatever else he claimed or he'll claim the evidence has been tampered with and McNamee should've come forward with this sooner (that may have saved him from perjuring himself). However, there must be at least a chance that this could be the smoking gun we've being waiting for.

Right.  Even if it has all the DNA and residue, Clemens would of course claim the "evidence" was doctored up.  But perhaps testing is able to age the specimens, or otherwise determine if they were from the same time period.

Offline blue911

Right.  Even if it has all the DNA and residue, Clemens would of course claim the "evidence" was doctored up.  But perhaps testing is able to age the specimens, or otherwise determine if they were from the same time period.

MLB says that blood samples can't be stored.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
MLB says that blood samples can't be stored.

What does MLB know about blood? 

Maybe I don't understand the point of your comment, could you expand a bit?

Offline blue911

What does MLB know about blood? 

Maybe I don't understand the point of your comment, could you expand a bit?

I was taking a cheap shot at Selig.

Offline spidernat

Since they can use old blood stains to gather DNA evidence I'm going to assume that means that you can't save a blood sample and then smear it on something to falsify evidence.

Nevermind. :?

Good one though.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

Ok, thanks. 

Offline nats2playoffs

Lanny Breuer, one of Clemens' lawyers, immediately responded that McNamee "apparently has manufactured evidence" and called all the allegations "desperate smears."  It is just not credible," Breuer said in a statement. "Who in their right mind does such a thing?"

Probably the ONLY reason the material was saved was because Clemens was a celebrity athlete.  If he had something like it for Sylvester Stallone, he might have saved that too.  It's memorabilia. Someday, someone will produce a stool sample from Bill Clinton... sell it on Ebay...

Offline spidernat

Someday, someone will produce a stool sample from Bill Clinton... sell it on Ebay...

If someone ever wanted a fecal sample from Dan Snyder all they'd have to do is scrape Larry Michael's tongue.  :?

Offline saltydad

If someone ever wanted a fecal sample from Dan Snyder all they'd have to do is scrape Larry Michael's tongue.  :?
:rofl:

Offline spidernat

I hear a lot of people dismissing the 'evidence' McNamee has come forward with because of how odd it seems that he kept this stuff for so long. I'd like to find out what they determine in the lab. And even if he kept it to make money by selling it on eBay or whatever, although it's wrong, that doesn't mean Clemens is innocent.

Offline ronnynat

that is some dirty chit :lol:

Offline spidernat

that is some dirty chit :lol:

Have you ever heard that dude sucking up to Snyder?

Offline ronnynat

Have you ever heard that dude sucking up to Snyder?

Is he a radio guy? I've never heard of him. :?

I don't watch (news-wise) or listen to much on the Skins, though.

Offline spidernat

Is he a radio guy? I've never heard of him. :?

I don't watch (news-wise) or listen to much on the Skins, though.

He's the one that took over for Frank Herzog as play-by-play and now does Redskins Radio with Bram Weinstein.

Offline ronnynat

He's the one that took over for Frank Herzog as play-by-play and now does Redskins Radio with Bram Weinstein.

Man, I haven't listened to the Redskins on the radio in about 10 years. What kind of stuff does he say?

Offline spidernat

Man, I haven't listened to the Redskins on the radio in about 10 years. What kind of stuff does he say?

I don't listen to the games on the radio. I'm either at the games or I watch them on TV. If I can watch a game I see no reason to listen to it on the radio. But I do watch the Redskins Radio show that is aired on Comcast everyday at 4.

Offline Dave B

I hear a lot of people dismissing the 'evidence' McNamee has come forward with because of how odd it seems that he kept this stuff for so long. I'd like to find out what they determine in the lab. And even if he kept it to make money by selling it on eBay or whatever, although it's wrong, that doesn't mean Clemens is innocent.

It does seem like it would be hard to link blood and steroids as being put on the same needle, gauze, etc, at the same time and directly form clemens' body. So maybe clemens' lawyers calmed him down before he could crap himself

Offline PC

If Clemons' DNA is on the material, that alone would be interesting because he certainly doesn't have access to the Rocket's DNA now.

There would have had to have been an overwhelming reason to keep the stuff and B12 injections certainly isn't overwhelming.

Unless he wanted a Roger Clemons clone at some point in the future.  :roll: