Author Topic: Post Game 5 Anger/Sadness/Irrationality Megathread  (Read 15752 times)

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Hiring Dusty Baker over Bud Black should have told anyone paying attention this team was freaked.

The good:
- Trea Turner is pretty fast and did pretty well playing CF
- They didn't give Harper or Ramos another Zimmmm style extension
- Werth is only around for one more year.

The bad:
- Same crap lineup, same crap results
- Harper is an idiot.
- Rendon is another Zim: peaked early and will be an injury case soon
- Dusty Baker was a bum before he got hired, he's a bum today and he'll be a bum tomorrow
- Mike Rizzo is a fool that, again, didn't make any trade deadline moves that mattered
- Werth is only around for another year
- Strasburg won't have TJS and will come back next season, blow his arm out again, and be out for 18 months again
- Dusty Baker is going nowhere

Offline Ray D

Rendon
« Reply #26: October 14, 2016, 01:12:03 AM »
Help me out here,  perhaps I wasn't paying complete attention. But it came to the bottom of the ninth, two on, two out, one run down, Rendon coming up.    But then Rendon doesn't come up it's Difo instead.  How the freak did that happen?  I mean, Jesus freaking Christ, what the freak happened there? Those bozo announcers didn't say anything about it.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Re: Rendon
« Reply #27: October 14, 2016, 01:12:39 AM »
Did you watch the game? He was in a double switch two innings prior.

Offline UMDNats

Did you watch the game? He was in a double switch two innings prior.

Sweet managing!

Offline GMUTrkstar

Huh, their starter went how long? In any game? That's playoff baseball. Would've been fine to pull him to start the inning. Rusty still used 5 pitchers after him.

I don't understand how u can consider 6 innings of 1 run ball great. Whether we won or lost today no one would've remember Max's 6 innings as great. It's a good start but not great. Estrada pitching 8 innings against the Rangers in Game 1 is great. Cueto pitching 8 innings of 1 run ball is great. That's what we needed Max is supposed to be on that level. He was just good tonight not great.

Offline aussienatsfan

I hate the Nationals.

I actually freaking hate this team.

Any other team would've at least tied the game in the 7th. Not this freaking joke of a franchise. freak every single player on the roster.

Big freak you to Jayson Werth. Piece of crap. Do dumbasses still think his Game 4 homer 4 years ago was worth the money he's getting? Golden chance to change the fortune of this team and he freaking choked. freaking choked like the goddamn bum he is. freak you.

Rendon was a worthless sack of crap as well. Tony grinning all the way home to Texas. freak off.

Trea Turner !!NEW FLASH!! you don't get to face the Braves or Phillies every game. You might have to face good pitching. Learn how to do it you still going through puberty freakhead.

I hope Espinosa and Michael Taylor never see a major league field again.

freak you Mike Rizzo. How the freak do you have Michael Taylor on this goddamn roster over another lefty out of the pen? Go to Arizona you arrogant prick.

freak the Lerners. freak everyone associated with this team. freak myself for actually thinking this year could possibly be different. It'll never be different. This team will lose til they relocate again.

freak Drew Storen.

this post is a summary of how i feel right now

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Hiring Dusty Baker over Bud Black should have told anyone paying attention this team was freaked.

The good:
- Trea Turner is pretty fast and did pretty well playing CF
- They didn't give Harper or Ramos another Zimmmm style extension
- Werth is only around for one more year.

The bad:
- Same crap lineup, same crap results
- Harper is an idiot.
- Rendon is another Zim: peaked early and will be an injury case soon
- Dusty Baker was a bum before he got hired, he's a bum today and he'll be a bum tomorrow
- Mike Rizzo is a fool that, again, didn't make any trade deadline moves that mattered
- Werth is only around for another year
- Strasburg won't have TJS and will come back next season, blow his arm out again, and be out for 18 months again
- Dusty Baker is going nowhere

Trea made some good and bad plays in CF. Speed will win him some there. Maybe a full offseason practicing does him well. I'd rather get an actual CF and move Trea to SS.

Yes

Werth was good, up until this game. I expected nothing from him all year, and he surprised. I'm going into next season expecting even less. Hopefully he gets looks at 1B, because he's a terrible LF.

Yes

Still think that was a BS balk. Harp should've gotten back, but there's a reason a balk is a rule.

I like Rendon still. Not clutch though. Doesn't seem to care. Maybe he does

Baker sucks as a manager. He'll keep 'em loose in garbage time reg. season games, but craps the bed in the postseason. He'll never win.

Not getting into Rizzo talk

See above

Not expecting much from Stras. Fine signing/trading for another vet pitcher.

Sadly, yes

Offline ghostface

Baker really outdid himself tonight.  double moved both Zimm and Rendon out of the game and left it up to a kid with 50 major league ABs

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Mikey A didn't even freaking sniff the field for most of Sept, yet SOMEHOW still makes the playoff roster. I'm baffled.

Offline nats2playoffs

SERIES   AVG  OBP  SLG
Murphy 2B-1B  .438 .545 .438
Werth LF         .389 .522 .667
Zimmerman 1B .353 .450 .471
Turner CF-2B  .318 .333 .318
Harper RF      .235 .458 .294
Lobatón C      .222 .222 .556
Rendon 3B     .150 .190 .300
Espinosa SS   .143 .333 .143

Robinson 1B  .667 .667 1.000
Heisey PH     .250 .200 1.000
Severino C   .100 .100 .200
Difo PH       .000 .000 .000
Drew 3B     .000 .200 .000
Taylor CF    .000 .000 .000

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Wow, Harper sucks!

Offline madj55

freak Bryce Harper. Get him the freak out of here.

Offline madj55

Help me out here,  perhaps I wasn't paying complete attention. But it came to the bottom of the ninth, two on, two out, one run down, Rendon coming up.    But then Rendon doesn't come up it's Difo instead.  How the freak did that happen?  I mean, Jesus freaking Christ, what the freak happened there? Those bozo announcers didn't say anything about it.
What was bum ass Rendon gonna do anyways? Swing through more fastballs? His mind would've been halfway to Texas if he came up with two outs in the 9th.

Offline BrandonK

• #LOLNats
Reddit is freaking hilarious right now.

Offline aussienatsfan

we are going to need a whole new bullpen and Rizzo has been about as useful as a used condom in building one so far.

Offline sportsfan882

Rizzo is ultimately to blame for the entire failing of the organization. It is criminal to have to use scrubs like Michael Taylor, Wilmer Difo, etc in such big spots in a Game 5. Where is the depth? Also, the starting pitching was an absolute joke the entire series. Scherzer was not on point but he made it through 6 and for some reason Dusty trotted him back out for the 7th.

And yes Jayson Werth just destroyed what good will was left from his walkoff blast 4 years ago. He had several chances to drive in runs and couldn't even make contact. It is one thing for Michael Taylor and Difo to strike out but we needed so much more from Werth in those spots. Same goes for Rendon too. This team strikes out way too freaking much, period.

Offline sportsfan882

Mark Zuckerman @MarkZuckerman
1m
Each of the #Nats last 6 postseason losses has come by 1 run.

It truly can't get any worse. This franchise is a nightmare.

Online Five Banners

It truly can't get any worse. This franchise is a nightmare the Caps.

Offline heeman82

Go to Oprah

Offline madj55

Rendon left a record breaking 22 men on base during this series. Bum.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Go to Oprah

freak off.  You and the other 'shiners are dunces right now.

If I were so obviously, stupidly wrong about something, I wouldn't go parading around on my high horse.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Rendon left a record breaking 22 men on base during this series. Bum.

The entire team set a record for strikeouts in a division series. Bums.

Online Five Banners

The entire team set a record for strikeouts in a division series. Bums.

Yep, lineup-wide record-breakers, following the same pattern of years past.

Offline rileyn

Rendon let 22 men on base this series.  Twenty Two!!!!