Author Topic: ESPN's Szymborski "Nats can be historically great"  (Read 1618 times)

Offline HalfSmokes

It's true - we don't have the Matt Stairs/Mark DeRosa role filled this year.

So no candidate for worst player in the mlb- this will be the first time in years

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
So no candidate for worst player in the mlb- this will be the first time in years

If Chad Tracy forgets how to hit, he's the closest we're going to have.  A pinch hitter that can't hit.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

we've got the opposite, guys who could legitimately be on a major league roster like Corey Brown (and probably Christian Garcia) sitting in Syracuse.

Offline Squab

• Global Moderator
  • me lookin at the bullpen
we've got the opposite, guys who could legitimately be on a major league roster like Corey Brown (and probably Christian Garcia) sitting in Syracuse.

I expected Corey Brown to get traded this offseason, thought some team would give him a shot. He's good depth though.

Offline RL04

I don't care how many games are won in the regular season. The only thing that matters is winning eleven in October.

The voice of reason and sanity.
Thank you.
We won 98 games and the NL East last year.
Big freakin' deal.
We lost Game Five.
That's all that matters.

Offline Ray D

The voice of reason and sanity.
Thank you.
We won 98 games and the NL East last year.
Big freakin' deal.
We lost Game Five.
That's all that matters.

Well you know it takes different personalities to make up a world. Some are goal oriented, some enjoy the experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed the six months of the regular season. (For that matter, I thoroughly enjoyed the playoff series, though I won't go so far as to say I wouldn't have enjoyed it more had we won.)  Personally I cannot identify with the goal oriented people who cheat themselves out of six month spring and summer pleasure. But then like I said, it takes different personalities ....

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
Yeah - how did I skip over that post?  It actually is a big deal that we won 98 games and the NL East.  2 years ago we were losing 90 and 100 games.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
Consider the source.

Offline DPMOmaha

Well you know it takes different personalities to make up a world. Some are goal oriented, some enjoy the experience.  I thoroughly enjoyed the six months of the regular season. (For that matter, I thoroughly enjoyed the playoff series, though I won't go so far as to say I wouldn't have enjoyed it more had we won.)  Personally I cannot identify with the goal oriented people who cheat themselves out of six month spring and summer pleasure. But then like I said, it takes different personalities ....
Agreed.  It was tons of fun to see the Braves get red hot and still lose ground last year.  Of course I want to go further than the NLDS, but the ride can be a lot of fun to and isn't invalidated if they don't go super far in the playoffs.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
When I go to a Nats game, I want to see them win. That's for the entire season: not just October and such. The season is too long to focus only on the playoffs...Yankee fans have gotten that way, but they will have to learn.