Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2  (Read 24613 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 2
« Reply #775: April 08, 2010, 12:20:41 AM »
still depressing to see the large number of empty blue seats behind home.  Why not just give them to the first people who show up with military IDs?

:bang:

I've said that 100 times. Walter Reed patients. Children's Hospital patients. School field trips. Hell, foreign heads of state. Crash test dummies or Oscars seat fillers would be better than a blue wasteland. Get the fatcats that own the tickets to donate them to some good cause.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #776: April 08, 2010, 12:31:40 AM »
Invasion was not as bad tonight, trouble is, all the Nats fans left arounfd the 7th inning.
Moron in the Utley shirt was sitting in my section tonight - he was a wasted moron, they had already cut him off for beer service , they should have thrown him out rather than waiting for him to jump the fence.  I have pictures of him but won't be posting them, he deserves absolutely no publicity....instead, you get my favorite picture of the night, Nyjer's second steal of the year.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #777: April 08, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »
Highlight of tonight was when Carpenter asked Dibble if he knew who the last National pitcher was to hit a HR and Dibbs responded "Walter Johnson".

Awesome stuff.  

Not sure much unless Carpenter was dumb enough to believe him. Livan has three as a National. I can recall that and I am not a professional and I do not particularly like Livo. He's o.k.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #778: April 08, 2010, 12:47:48 AM »
Dibble was making a joke.  I find Dibble's good for at least 2-3 LoLs a game.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #779: April 08, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »
Highlight of tonight was when Carpenter asked Dibble if he knew who the last National pitcher was to hit a HR and Dibbs responded "Walter Johnson".

Awesome stuff. 

Yeah I said Ramon Ortiz right away. I was lucky enough to go to that game. Was one of the few, awesome games i can remember.

I forgot how awesome it is to have Dibble instead of Sutton. Wheres the Dibbs thread when you need it? :lol:

Offline NatsTheFats

« Reply #780: April 08, 2010, 03:47:54 AM »
still depressing to see the large number of empty blue seats behind home.  Why not just give them to the first people who show up with military IDs?
remember 2008?  those seats were always empty... 

last year it seems they gave a great deal of seats away to veterans coming back from over-seas.  I love it.  I think they should keep doing the same.   

the half empty Pres. club seats are not nearly as bad as they were before.

!!!! still half off tickets mon-th for students....!!!!

.... no id at the gate... who wants some????

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #781: April 08, 2010, 07:09:37 AM »
It's obvious they are priced to high to me since every section around them is usually fairly filled up.  Then you have that 1 section behind home plate that is empty.  It just doesn't look right.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #782: April 08, 2010, 08:02:39 AM »
Dibble is funny. Sometimes I think his partner is missing the joke entirely which of course makes it funnier.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #783: April 08, 2010, 08:10:37 AM »
It's obvious they are priced to high to me since every section around them is usually fairly filled up.  Then you have that 1 section behind home plate that is empty.  It just doesn't look right.

I'd be willing to bet they are sold to some defense contractor out in Herndon who tries to give them away to their employees - who then realize just how hard it is to get into DC on a game night from Herndon.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #784: April 08, 2010, 08:29:26 AM »
Didn't see any signs of trouble myself (stayed pretty much for the duration), although I note there was a K-9 unit at the Metrorail station, and the Metro Transit Police presence in general throughout the system appeared heightened. The Philly presence in general wasn't as in-your-face as it was Monday; no 'LET'S GO PHILLIES' claque chants till the fourth inning.