Author Topic: Arizona Fall League - 2010 (updated "It's Harper Time")  (Read 18056 times)

Offline DPMOmaha

Tomorrow, I believe.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Tomorrow and Saturday.

Those are his two games a week, I believe.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Norris triples in the first run of the game in the first inning.

Stud.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Peacock in.

2IP, 0R, 0H, 3K, 1BB, 1 pick off.

According to Kilgore, he's at 93-94 MPH, but I can't tell because Scottsdale doesn't have Pitch F/X installed.  :evil:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Kimball in.

(Save) 2IP, 0R, 1H, 1K, 0BB

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Harper's first game today.

Too bad it's in crappy Scottsdale that doesn't have Pitch F/X. I'd love to see how the other team pitches him.

Offline hammondsnats

Harper's first game today.

Too bad it's in crappy Scottsdale that doesn't have Pitch F/X. I'd love to see how the other team pitches him.

high inside heat ... breaking junk outside ... more breaking junk outisde ... high heat

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?

Offline Coladar

Heck yeah! If only this game were televised or at least on radio. Per Kilgore at Nats Journal:

As expected, first overall pick Bryce Harper will make his debut at the Arizona Fall League tonight. He will bat seventh and play right field for the Scottsdale Scorpions at Scottsdale Stadium. His first at-bat will most likely come against Mesa Solar Sox starter Josh Zeid, a right-handed Philadelphia Phillies prospect who spent his season in Class A Lakewood.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Lombardozzi led off with a double. Later in the first he scored.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
1 pitch pop out to SS for Harper.

Offline Sharp

3 pitch lineout in his second at-bat.  Swung and missed at the first two pitches.

Offline imref

1 pitch pop out to SS for Harper.

made contact in the AFL !

Offline imref

3 pitch lineout in his second at-bat.  Swung and missed at the first two pitches.

Kilgore says he crushed the pitch but hit it right to the CF

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Kilgore says he crushed the pitch but hit it right to the CF

It happens.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Harper with an opposite field ground rule double with the bases juiced to drive in two.

Offline DPMOmaha

Sounds like he's definitely over matched in the AFL.

Offline bglide

• banned
Kid is going to be the best in baseball very soon. 

Offline Sharp

Sounds like he's definitely over matched in the AFL.
Keep in mind that he's playing against some other Wednesday-Saturday only players as well.  Still, it was nice to see that he could hold his own against the pitching here, I was sort of half-expecting him to strike out in all four at-bats.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Keep in mind that he's playing against some other Wednesday-Saturday only players as well.  Still, it was nice to see that he could hold his own against the pitching here, I was sort of half-expecting him to strike out in all four at-bats.
This. I was going to be pumped if he atleast got a single but to come through with two men on? That's quite the achievement for an overmatched league. Good for you Harper.

Offline ernie0326

Opposite field ground rule 2B.  2 RBIs.  Nice way to say "Hello World"

Offline hammondsnats

the gr2b was with two outs too ... which is most impressive to me. 

Offline Upark25

Looks like Harper isn't overmatched and is hitting the ball hard in the AFL. MLB.com article http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101021&content_id=15761054&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Offline Sharp

Looks like Harper isn't overmatched and is hitting the ball hard in the AFL. MLB.com article http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20101021&content_id=15761054&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb
Eh, it's hard to judge in a prospect's first few days facing real competition.  Harper is good but he definitely has holes in his swing, and when they're found he'll start striking out for awhile until he can adjust.  In the words of Ron Washington, that's the way baseball go.

Offline imref

Video:

http://www.nationalsenquirer.com/2010/10/bryce-harpers-first-arizona-fall-league-hit.html

Boy it will be interesting to see what happens if he does well at AFL and at spring training next year.  Could we see him just after the Super-2 date?