Author Topic: Nationals vs Padres, Game 1  (Read 8441 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
Re: Nationals vs Padres, Game 1
« Reply #100: July 24, 2009, 11:19:44 PM »
So mock was beachaballing tonight?

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #101: July 24, 2009, 11:23:12 PM »
Ok why do my posts keep disappearing. This is like the third or fourth time in a few days now.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline JMW IV

« Reply #103: July 24, 2009, 11:27:24 PM »
Got it. For some reason the forum is not refreshing correctly on the mobile version after i post.

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #104: July 24, 2009, 11:29:21 PM »
So mock was beachaballing tonight?

No he was too busy being a cat.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #105: July 24, 2009, 11:31:46 PM »
"Children are listening to this so I can't tell you what I said to them," Riggleman said. "It was just a bad effort. It was particularly bad early and we just played so bad, so early, it had the feeling of we just weren't ready to play and that's on me. I can't accept that."

What bothers them team and Riggleman the most is the amount of gaffes that could be avoided. Catcher Josh Bard, who had one of the four errors, spoke about what Riggleman said to the team.

"He's disappointed and he should be," said Bard. "We're playing one of the worst teams in baseball and they kicked our butt tonight. He's fed up with losing and I am too."

Since taking over as manager, Riggleman has moved fielding practice up by 20 minutes. By their play tonight, it doesn't appear to have an effect on the team, but they must push ahead.

"We can't quit," he said. "You get your tail beat but you keep fighting, keep working and that's what I plan to do and we're going to find out if there is somebody who cant get on board with that because we'll lead them to the door. They'll get on board, they will, there's really no alternative. We just can not play that sloppy and have that many errors thru this point of the season and just say well that's baseball, that's ok, they're trying, that's not fair to the fans that come out here and buy these tickets."

Philadelphia has the fewest errors in the NL, leads the NL East by 6 ½ games and they're 27 games ahead of the Nationals, which is no surprise.

"We have 94 errors in 96 games," Bard said. "The next closest team has 80 and the next closest has 65. You look at the Phillies and they have 37, it's not rocket science."

"I've tried to let them know the importance of having pride in the uniform, having pride in the fact that you signed the contract, you have to play it out and we owe it to the people who paid to watch that tonight," Riggleman said.

Bard should shut his damn mouth. He is one of the biggest culprits. He isn't dogging it, he is just a terrible, terrible baseball player.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #106: July 25, 2009, 12:02:05 AM »
That game just sucked.  Can't believe I'm going again tomorrow. 

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #107: July 25, 2009, 01:05:51 AM »
Simple solution, Jim. Two extra hours of fielding practice now until play improves. Not twenty minutes. Two hours. Give them freaking ham sandwiches if they have to come in early. Hell, give them breakfast. Two hours of drills a day until they can play baseball. These guys are getting payed enough money to pull a few long days every once in a while.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #108: July 25, 2009, 12:59:30 PM »
Non-game discussion has been split off into the clubhouse - http://www.wnff.net/index.php/topic,14711.0.html