Author Topic: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1  (Read 12279 times)

Offline Coladar

Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1
« Topic Start: August 06, 2010, 09:46:35 PM »
Game Time: 10:05 PM
Venue: Dodgers Stadium
TV: MASN2 HD
Radio: WFED 1500, SBN 1390

John Lannan
2-5, 5.63 ERA

NATIONALS (48-61)
CF Justin Maxwell
SS Ian Desmond
3B Ryan Zimmerman
1B Adam Dunn
LF Josh Willingham
RF Michael Morse
C Ivan Rodriguez
2B Alberto Gonzalez
P John Lannan

Clayton Kershaw
10-6, 2.94 ERA

DODGERS (56-53)
LF Scott Podsednik
2B Ryan Theriot
RF Andre Ethier
CF Matt Kemp
1B James Loney
3B Casey Blake
SS Jamey Carroll
C Brad Ausmus
P Clayton Kershaw

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Dodgers, Game 1
« Reply #1: August 06, 2010, 09:47:54 PM »
1st

Anyone know nats radio station in richmond area ... passing there soon.  Thanks.

Go nats.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #2: August 06, 2010, 09:49:35 PM »
1st

Anyone know nats radio station in richmond area ... passing there soon.  Thanks.

Go nats.

ESPN 950, I believe.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #3: August 06, 2010, 09:49:55 PM »
950 carries some of the games... but not all.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #5: August 06, 2010, 09:50:56 PM »
Thanks guys...linty - cmd and I are crashing your party ... we have 2 30 packs lol.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #6: August 06, 2010, 09:52:54 PM »
Coladar deserves a "Dodger Dog and your favorite beverage" for getting this thread goin'! Thanks! :thumbs:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #7: August 06, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
Dodger dogs are amazing...I saw lannan pitch @ dodger stadium 2 years ago and he pitched well we didn't give him any run support...one of my best baseball experiences ever even if we lost.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #8: August 06, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
A series split this weekend would be really nice with a "curly W" coming up on Tuesday! 

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #9: August 06, 2010, 09:57:58 PM »
Thanks guys...linty - cmd and I are crashing your party ... we have 2 30 packs lol.

Come on over.

I'm about to settle in for the night to watch the game.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #10: August 06, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
Coladar deserves a "Dodger Dog and your favorite beverage" for getting this thread goin'! Thanks! :thumbs:

Hey, I figured as much love as I've expressed for John Lannan the past couple months on these boards, and since I'm a gameday thread starter virgin, why not take the bullet for this one? Should be an interesting game if nothing else.

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #11: August 06, 2010, 09:59:48 PM »
Dodger dogs are amazing...I saw lannan pitch @ dodger stadium 2 years ago and he pitched well we didn't give him any run support...one of my best baseball experiences ever even if we lost.
Yes! Those Dogs are the best. No offense to Hebrew Nationals ... but those non kosher Dodger dogs will be in Heaven! the best mustard and ketchup!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #12: August 06, 2010, 10:01:53 PM »
Hey, I figured as much love as I've expressed for John Lannan the past couple months on these boards, and since I'm a gameday thread starter virgin, why not take the bullet for this one? Should be an interesting game if nothing else.

I'm a huge fan of Kershaw... but I hope he bombs tonight!

Offline Coladar

« Reply #13: August 06, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »
Wow, we've only won one game there in the past four years? With Lannan pitching tonight against Kershaw? Considering it seems gameday thread records are something that have become a sort of obsession with some, I'm starting to get why there wasn't a thread until so late now. One road game in four years seems hard to believe. That's three swept years and only one win the fourth? If Bob was right, this has got to be the worst away city for us since we became the Nats.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #14: August 06, 2010, 10:04:50 PM »
Blo's have won four in a row.

I wouldn't have minded having Showalter as a manager though, he seems pretty smart.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #15: August 06, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
I mentioned The Venture Brothers in the TV thread earlier, so I was googling around.  In the tradition of posting pics in the GD thread, I submit this girl dressed up like Venture Bros character Molotov Coqtiz

Then I came across a pic of her dressed as Princess Leia (with red hair for some reason):

:az:

Offline Coladar

« Reply #16: August 06, 2010, 10:06:25 PM »
Yep, just checked to confirm that stat. 0-3 in 06, 0-3 in 07, 0-3 in 08 and 1-1 in 09. Brutal three year stretch there.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #17: August 06, 2010, 10:08:12 PM »
Wow, we've only won one game there in the past four years? With Lannan pitching tonight against Kershaw? Considering it seems gameday thread records are something that have become a sort of obsession with some, I'm starting to get why there wasn't a thread until so late now. One road game in four years seems hard to believe. That's three swept years and only one win the fourth? If Bob was right, this has got to be the worst away city for us since we became the Nats.

We're 3-11 against the Dodgers in LA. 11-7 at home.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #18: August 06, 2010, 10:11:13 PM »
Remember, Nyjer was thrown out at 3B right as Stammen was about to cross the plate against these guys.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #19: August 06, 2010, 10:11:19 PM »
We're 3-11 against the Dodgers in LA. 11-7 at home.

Yes, with the 2-1 coming in 05. Interestingly, we were swept the three seasons we faced them within about two weeks of now. The two seasons we faced them in the first half, we performed quite well. Not a good sign for this series.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #20: August 06, 2010, 10:13:32 PM »
Yes! Those Dogs are the best. No offense to Hebrew Nationals ... but those non kosher Dodger dogs will be in Heaven! the best mustard and ketchup!

har har :lol:

Offline Spinman

• Grandpa Spinman
« Reply #21: August 06, 2010, 10:13:35 PM »
Since this is my 1000th post I might as well get a little emotional. First of all, My family and The Balester family, would like to let all the posters know that we do appreciate everyone's support of one of the WNFF's own Collin Balester.
Also, a big shout out goes to Tomterp, The Chief, Hammondnats, PANatsFan, HoustonNat,Galah, " Carol", and many other poster's who have PM'd me over the years.  You accepted me as a fan and now as "Just another" poster! By the way I like Sportsfan882! Most of the time he is brutally honest and I respect him for that! Thanks to everyone who came to Balester's Bloggers nite! It was great to meet all of you there.
One of these days we will meet at the good ole' ballpark and have a laugh or two with a few beverages of your choice! ( we will send Collin and Ashley the tab!  :shock:) Thanks again to all of you who donate to Ashley's charities that she is so passionate about!  Go Nats! Go WNFF! Go Balester! God Bless America and our Nats! :clap:

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #22: August 06, 2010, 10:14:02 PM »
Honestly, a pitcher should never try to kick the ball. That's how you break a foot.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #23: August 06, 2010, 10:18:07 PM »
Since this is my 1000th post I might as well get a little emotional. First of all, My family and The Balester family, would like to let all the posters know that we do appreciate everyone's support of one of the WNFF's own Collin Balester.
Also, a big shout out goes to Tomterp, The Chief, Hammondnats, PANatsFan, HoustonNat,Galah, " Carol", and many other poster's who have PM'd me over the years.  You accepted me as a fan and now as "Just another" poster! By the way I like Sportsfan882! Most of the time he is brutally honest and I respect him for that! Thanks to everyone who came to Balester's Bloggers nite! It was great to meet all of you there.
One of these days we will meet at the good ole' ballpark and have a laugh or two with a few beverages of your choice! ( we will send Collin and Ashley the tab!  :shock:) Thanks again to all of you who donate to Ashley's charities that she is so passionate about!  Go Nats! Go WNFF! Go Balester! God Bless America and our Nats! :clap:
*sniff* :'( *sniff*

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #24: August 06, 2010, 10:18:15 PM »
Spinman's 1000th post was better by leaps and bounds than my 20000th, and probably most of the other ones too.