Author Topic: A standardized script for Nationals offseason rumor reports.  (Read 1012 times)

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
All Nationals rumors should go like this, as long as Rizzo is the GM:

"The Nationals are in talks with some team we never thought of, to trade the guy who nobody even knew was available for a guy that nobody in the media knew they were interested in, according to our insi....insid...freak it, we got no real sources in Washington. We just make this crap up."

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline Clever

Gotta love him. In this day when kids are all over the 'net talking about any kind of rumors we've got us a keen Italian who'll never reveal his hand.

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
Front end that with "I saw on Twitter" and you are done.

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
And the standardized retort from PC: Something something Lerners are freaking cheap something something payroll

Offline Mattionals

And the standardized retort from PC: Something something Lerners are freaking cheap something something payroll

I always thought he said "You are ignoring this user."

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
JZ will be the barometer on whether the Lerners see the need to spend for great ballplayers

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
I always thought he said "You are ignoring this user."

:thumbs:

Offline HalfSmokes

JZ will be the barometer on whether the Lerners see the need to spend for great ballplayers

? I really hope they don't sign him or fister to a large extension at this point- a few years ago when the extension would have covered fewer free agent years, it would have been worth it, but at this point, I'd hope they don't want to be in the business of paying big money to a pitcher in their late 30s

Offline Slateman

? I really hope they don't sign him or fister to a large extension at this point- a few years ago when the extension would have covered fewer free agent years, it would have been worth it, but at this point, I'd hope they don't want to be in the business of paying big money to a pitcher in their late 30s
I agree with this. We're all rushing to sign JZ to a big deal after his first season where he was a great pitcher for the whole year.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
I agree with this. We're all rushing to sign JZ to a big deal after his first season where he was a great pitcher for the whole year.

But he has shown marked improvement each year post-TJ. I think you can expect continued improvement for a couple/few more years before a decline and if you can keep the contract reasonable he's trade-able at the end of his contract.  No?

Same with Fister?

Offline Slateman

But he has shown marked improvement each year post-TJ. I think you can expect continued improvement for a couple/few more years before a decline and if you can keep the contract reasonable he's trade-able at the end of his contract.  No?

Same with Fister?

3.4, 3.6, 5.2

That's a pretty significant jump. I mean, maybe he put it together, or maybe he just had a really good year. But, honestly, I think last year is as good as it's going to get from JZ. He will be a 4 WAR player for the next two to four seasons.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
3.4, 3.6, 5.2

That's a pretty significant jump. I mean, maybe he put it together, or maybe he just had a really good year. But, honestly, I think last year is as good as it's going to get from JZ. He will be a 4 WAR player for the next two to four seasons.

I guess then I don't really see the harm in a six-year extension of some sort (assuming he'd take that) and if the roster deteriorates along with his decline then trade him at the end of his contract.  Same with Fister.

Offline Slateman

I guess then I don't really see the harm in a six-year extension of some sort (assuming he'd take that) and if the roster deteriorates along with his decline then trade him at the end of his contract.  Same with Fister.

The harm, if that's what it is, is that Zimmermann seems to want 20+ million a year. For 5 WAR, that's fair. For ~ 3.5 WAR, not so much. Especially for a guy who has only gone 200 innings once in the last three seasons.

Offline Optics

I love Rizzo. The Nats are basically the anti Redskins in every way imaginable. Nobody has ANY idea what we're going to do and we always pull off a great deal.

Offline Clever

The harm, if that's what it is, is that Zimmermann seems to want 20+ million a year. For 5 WAR, that's fair. For ~ 3.5 WAR, not so much. Especially for a guy who has only gone 200 innings once in the last three seasons.
Oh, c'mon Slate, the guy threw 199 & 2/3 innings last year!

Offline blue911

200 innings is a false milestone. Read Mitchel Lichtman's piece on TTTO (Times Through The Order) and you'll begin to understand how the modern pitching staff is best utilized.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
200 innings is a false milestone. Read Mitchel Lichtman's piece on TTTO (Times Through The Order) and you'll begin to understand how the modern pitching staff is best utilized.

:clap: :clap: :clap: