Poll

Will the Nats win 100 games?

Yes
36 (67.9%)
No
17 (32.1%)

Total Members Voted: 53

Author Topic: 100 wins watch - now with poll!  (Read 8664 times)

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
Re: 100 wins?
« Reply #50: August 14, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »
ACK! I just realized my total was off it was 29 not 27 games. With 72 :w: ins we are Now 28 wins away from 100. And yes it is true that 100 wins does not GUARANTEE you will make the playoffs at all anymore, just as in football winning 10 of 16 doesn't guarantee a playoff birth. Since the division rule (whenever they started that, I don't recall since it was during a time I wasn't following baseball closely) you need to win your division to be guaranteed a playoff spot.

Remember at the start of this season all the experts were saying the best the Nationals could hope for this season was a Wildcard to get to the playoffs. They are still in position to win the NL East. The wheels are still on the bus, but that doesn't mean they can't fall off.

Atlanta is now 5.5 games behind and they have 47 more games to play (we have 46) it is still possible for them to catch up to us and pass us at worst. I'm guessing they will get within 1 game of us before the season is over and possibly have some cardo-grabbing days of being tied with us for 1st.