Author Topic: Patterson back from Toronto  (Read 3079 times)

Patterson back from Toronto
« Topic Start: August 01, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »
This is from Mark Zuckerman's online chat today. :)

Mark Zuckerman:
As a matter of fact, Patterson was back at RFK for the first time yesterday. Sadly, he left the building before the clubhouse opened to the media at 3:30, but I'm told he played catch and is generally optimistic about his situation. I'm hoping he's here today and talks with us, because I'm dying to know more about his whole experience in Toronto and where he thinks he goes from here. And yes, he definitely needs to try to pitch again this season if he wants to convince the Nats to keep him around in 2008.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Patterson back from Toronto
« Reply #1: August 01, 2007, 02:59:36 PM »
This is from Mark Zuckerman's online chat today. :)

Mark Zuckerman:
As a matter of fact, Patterson was back at RFK for the first time yesterday. Sadly, he left the building before the clubhouse opened to the media at 3:30, but I'm told he played catch and is generally optimistic about his situation. I'm hoping he's here today and talks with us, because I'm dying to know more about his whole experience in Toronto and where he thinks he goes from here. And yes, he definitely needs to try to pitch again this season if he wants to convince the Nats to keep him around in 2008.

Sounds like most of us are on the same page as Zuckerman. Glad he's back - now get out there and pitch, JP. You have a roster spot - use it or lose it.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: August 01, 2007, 03:25:54 PM »
I must be one picky Nats fan, because after reading that, all I end up doing, is wonder why if JP is back, did he leave before the media arrived?

Offline Ericas Nats

• Only Nationals fan in Seattle! :)
« Reply #3: August 01, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »
i could have told you that he was back.

he needs to provide some evidence that he is worthy

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #4: August 01, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »

Worthy of what?

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #5: August 01, 2007, 03:36:49 PM »

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #6: August 01, 2007, 03:58:32 PM »
He needs to get into shape and prove to us that he can be a major league caliber pitcher. I'm sick of all his injuries. He's had awful luck, yes, but we need to move on if he is gonna be a constant injury problem.

« Reply #7: August 01, 2007, 09:29:24 PM »

Patterson does not need to "provide some evidence that he is worthy".  He is as worthy as any other Nationals player!

« Reply #8: August 01, 2007, 09:36:45 PM »
He needs to get into shape and prove to us that he can be a major league caliber pitcher. I'm sick of all his injuries. He's had awful luck, yes, but we need to move on if he is gonna be a constant injury problem.

Patterson proved in 2005 that he is a major league caliber pitcher- when healthy.  He was great in Spring Training 2006 - did not allow a run until his next to last start, when Soriano made an error which allowed a run to score.  If his arm had not started hurting in his last ST start  last year, he would almost certainly have had a great year. We all know by now what he can  do when he is healthy.  If he does not comeback strong, we will know that his arm is still not right.

« Reply #9: August 01, 2007, 09:41:25 PM »
I must be one picky Nats fan, because after reading that, all I end up doing, is wonder why if JP is back, did he leave before the media arrived?

Patterson has always been very accessible to the media, so it  does seem a little strange.  However, perhaps he has read/heard some of the mean-spirited things that have been written about him  the past few months and wants to avoid the fickle writers as long as possible.  Or possibly, he just had some more pressing engagements.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #10: August 01, 2007, 09:51:16 PM »
Patterson has always been very accessible to the media, so it  does seem a little strange.  However, perhaps he has read/heard some of the mean-spirited things that have been written about him  the past few months and wants to avoid the fickle writers as long as possible.  Or possibly, he just had some more pressing engagements.

no one has died, so he needs to address the media. or perhaps he knows he is done.

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #11: August 01, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »
Patterson proved in 2005 that he is a major league caliber pitcher- when healthy.

Whoa there thunderstruck... that was two years ago, and he might not be back to pitch in the bigs this year, making it three years... John Patterson's 15 minutes of fame are up.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #12: August 01, 2007, 09:55:09 PM »
If his arm had not started hurting in his last ST start  last year, he would almost certainly have had a great year.

:rofl: Until I see documentation to support this theory I'm going to  :doh:

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #13: August 01, 2007, 09:58:38 PM »
Patterson proved in 2005 that he is a major league caliber pitcher- when healthy.  He was great in Spring Training 2006 - did not allow a run until his next to last start, when Soriano made an error which allowed a run to score.  If his arm had not started hurting in his last ST start  last year, he would almost certainly have had a great year. We all know by now what he can  do when he is healthy.  If he does not comeback strong, we will know that his arm is still not right.

That was 2 years ago, and was also just one year.

"When healthy." Big deal. It doesn't matter how good he can be if he can never be healthy. It seems his arm is always in pain and his velocity seems to have dived down. He was awful this year but I guess he was hurt also. I just don't see a bright future for him.

I want him to do great, he seems like a great guy who has had a lot of bad breaks. And being injury-prone, well, that's just how some people are (see Nicky J). But it probably won't happen.

Offline kimnat

« Reply #14: August 01, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »
Coming in quietly like that doesn't sound positive.  Don't be surprised to hear that it ain't going well....  Just a gut feeling/thought.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #15: August 01, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
yeah its sad. cause JP is liked by so many *cough.

no one likes a bum pitcher. and he is not worthy. worthy is one who can produce. heck even D-tank can produce a DP every now and again...

im sorry, but im done with him.

and its kinda sad. JP was one of the first players to every sign my beloved first ever red W hat. but now that jamie caroll signature is proving to be more of a value on my hat.

« Reply #16: August 01, 2007, 11:14:42 PM »
yeah its sad. cause JP is liked by so many *cough.

no one likes a bum pitcher. and he is not worthy. worthy is one who can produce. heck even D-tank can produce a DP every now and again...

im sorry, but im done with him.

and its kinda sad. JP was one of the first players to every sign my beloved first ever red W hat. but now that jamie caroll signature is proving to be more of a value on my hat.

I suggest you look up "worthy" in your dictionary.

« Reply #17: August 01, 2007, 11:19:23 PM »
:rofl: Until I see documentation to support this theory I'm going to  :doh:

I suppose the theory that you want documentation for is that he "almost certainly" would have had a great year in 2006.  As you know, this cannot be documented, which is why I said "almost certainly" instead of stating it as a fact.  If, on the other hand, you want his great ST in 2006 documented, I can certainly do that as it was in all the papers and on the Nats website.

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #18: August 01, 2007, 11:19:37 PM »
wor·thy(wûr)
adj. wor·thi·er, wor·thi·est
1. Having worth, merit, or value; useful or valuable.
2. Honorable; admirable: a worthy fellow.
3. Having sufficient worth; deserving:

1. no worth but the 2005 season
2. honorable would be if he accepts what his fait is near done with the nats
3. tell me the last time he pitched

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #19: August 01, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/worthy

here is my source of the word worthy

Offline spidernat

« Reply #20: August 01, 2007, 11:23:36 PM »
I suppose the theory that you want documentation for is that he "almost certainly" would have had a great year in 2006.  As you know, this cannot be documented, which is why I said "almost certainly" instead of stating it as a fact.  If, on the other hand, you want his great ST in 2006 documented, I can certainly do that as it was in all the papers and on the Nats website.

In the end that's nothing but pure conjecture which leaves room for the opposite to be true and I'm 'almost certain' about that.  :lol:

Offline spidernat

« Reply #21: August 01, 2007, 11:25:21 PM »
wor·thy(wûr)
adj. wor·thi·er, wor·thi·est
1. Having worth, merit, or value; useful or valuable.
2. Honorable; admirable: a worthy fellow.
3. Having sufficient worth; deserving:

1. no worth but the 2005 season
2. honorable would be if he accepts what his fait is near done with the nats
3. tell me the last time he pitched

This post was worthy  :clap:

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #22: August 01, 2007, 11:25:57 PM »
This post was worthy  :clap:

we're so going to hell

Offline spidernat

« Reply #23: August 01, 2007, 11:27:30 PM »
we're so going to hell

The only come back I have for this is "we're not worthy!"  :worship:

It's all good Erica all this is in jest  :lol:

Offline Ericas Nats

« Reply #24: August 01, 2007, 11:31:06 PM »
in all seriousness..

thunder, i would love to see you talk about other nats. i mean. you always have such indepth info on JP. i could only imagine what you could dig up on other players.

and by no means i am trying to be smart.

i cant remember seeing the last time you wrote about another nat??

all im saying is that i think alot of us you like to see you engage in other conversations about other nats! i think it would be good for all of us! joking aside, i think you do have alot to give!

(this is not a joke)!! :-)