Author Topic: Batting Cages in Northern VA  (Read 5892 times)

Offline KyleScha

Batting Cages in Northern VA
« Topic Start: July 23, 2006, 04:20:41 AM »
Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for batting cages in the area. I've been going to the one on Braddock Road for years now, but it has become very expensive (9 tokens for $10 @ 14 pitches each) and was wondering if anyone knew of a better or cheaper batting cage in the area.

Also, does anyone know of any open-style batting cages that don't have the net? I know they exist in the country, but I dont know about here in Northern VA.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Kyle

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1: July 23, 2006, 11:33:07 AM »
Not sure if it's still there, but Woody's driving range, on Route 7 near the Goose Creek crossing, has batting cages.  Been years since I've been there, so I can't help you much with cost or what they're like.

EDIT:  It's still there, but looks expensive.

http://www.woodysgolf.com/cages.htm

Also, I think there are cages in Alexandria by the city operated water park, in the Eisenhower valley.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #2: July 23, 2006, 10:24:02 PM »
I've passed by that one on Braddock.  Never really tried it though.  I've never been a great hitter.

Not sure of any others.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #3: July 24, 2006, 01:46:16 AM »
I went to a new one today, Upton Hill Park (Near 7 corners, where 50 and 7 intersect). It wasnt as nice as the one on braddock, but it was much cheaper.

I have been to woody's before, I'm not a huge fan of that one though.

Offline Dave B

« Reply #4: July 27, 2006, 03:44:46 PM »
is braddock road the one in the park?

« Reply #5: July 27, 2006, 04:01:07 PM »
There is a batting cage up near Cameron Run next to the wave pool.  Been there for years.  Not bad.  Haven't been there in a year but the prices I don't remember being too bad either.

NatsCaps19

« Reply #6: August 14, 2006, 10:49:06 PM »
theres one on rt 7 near Dulles Towncenter..