Author Topic: The Bryce Harper Compendium (2012)  (Read 193429 times)

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
Re: The Bryce Harper Compendium
« Reply #675: June 10, 2012, 09:30:18 PM »
This has probably been brought up in this thread more than once but Harper has such an awkward looking run. It gets the job done (and done well) but his arms seem to be flailing every time he runs. But it shows he runs hard, which is totally fine with me.

I'm now determined to get a Harper shirt/jersey sometime... I don't own any Nats clothing yet (just a cap) so I'm due to buy something.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #676: June 10, 2012, 11:03:26 PM »
This has probably been brought up in this thread more than once but Harper has such an awkward looking run. It gets the job done (and done well) but his arms seem to be flailing every time he runs. But it shows he runs hard, which is totally fine with me.

I'm now determined to get a Harper shirt/jersey sometime... I don't own any Nats clothing yet (just a cap) so I'm due to buy something.

It's called hustle

And he's white. All us white boys look funny while running. It's like dancing to us ...

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #677: June 10, 2012, 11:07:06 PM »
It's called hustle

And he's white. All us white boys look funny while running. It's like dancing to us ...

:rofl: very true. And yes it is a hustle! And I admire it.

Offline Gary Cohen

« Reply #678: June 11, 2012, 07:08:13 AM »
Just came across this great article on how people around the nation see Bryce. Interesting.....

http://thexlog.com/201206070958/xtra-bases/mlb/are-you-a-bryce-harper-hater/

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #679: June 11, 2012, 07:16:04 AM »
I couldn't care less whether he is loved or hated, like tebow it stems from jealousy from idiots who will never achieve anything in their sad existences.

He's confident, respectful of the game and he's a star at 19, I couldn't think of a better kid to lead our club for the next 15 years (hopefully)

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #681: June 11, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
Hard to believe people are just noticing irrational hatred towards Bryce Harper. ;)

« Reply #682: June 11, 2012, 07:30:42 AM »
I couldn't care less whether he is loved or hated, like tebow it stems from jealousy from idiots who will never achieve anything in their sad existences.

Tebow is incredibly overhyped for his production. Harper is incredibly talented and has backed up the hype when he was an amateur. Big difference.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #683: June 11, 2012, 07:47:06 AM »
I think his minor league "kiss" has a lot to do with it.  Someone in Boston made a comment about him "patting himself on the back".  I think he's matured since then but others dont because they dont see him every day.  They dont read the articles of him picking other veterans brains about stuff.

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #684: June 11, 2012, 07:50:07 AM »
Tebow is incredibly overhyped for his production. Harper is incredibly talented and has backed up the hype when he was an amateur. Big difference.

I agree, but tebow doesn't overhype himself, it ain't his fault

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #685: June 11, 2012, 07:54:16 AM »

I agree, but tebow doesn't overhype himself, it ain't his fault

Tebow didn't do the add during the superbowl or the Nike ads?

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #686: June 11, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »
^  lol

Offline aussienatsfan

« Reply #687: June 11, 2012, 07:57:30 AM »

Tebow didn't do the add during the superbowl or the Nike ads?

Are you going to take the endorsement millions offered to you, or simply say no, I'm not good enough!

Flawed logic, tebow is certainly overhyped, he's not even worthy of a starting QB role on any NFL team, but it's the likes of skip Bayless that have created the tebowmania, not tebow himself.

Offline CatsEye

• Very weird season -Creepy - What....
« Reply #688: June 11, 2012, 08:09:29 AM »
I think his minor league "kiss" has a lot to do with it.  Someone in Boston made a comment about him "patting himself on the back".  I think he's matured since then but others dont because they dont see him every day.  They dont read the articles of him picking other veterans brains about stuff.

This.  My view on Harper has changed 180 degrees - because of these types of things cited above by CALSGR8.   :thumbs:

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #689: June 11, 2012, 09:10:37 AM »
This.  My view on Harper has changed 180 degrees - because of these types of things cited above by CALSGR8.   :thumbs:

Once some people make up their mind about something, it's hard for them to change no matter how much new information comes in. Human nature, I guess.

The only people he has to win over are Nats fans. Nobody else matters.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #690: June 11, 2012, 09:18:31 AM »
Further proof that Tim Mccarver is an overrated bag of hot air.

Jackass.

Offline LostYudite

• Naaaa'aah-titude
« Reply #691: June 11, 2012, 09:40:06 AM »
Whatevs.  He's maybe the only guy on the team who scores from first in the top of the ninth yesterday.  He's awesome.  And I actually find him less self-promoting and self-aggrandizing than I thought.  As much as a 19 year old who might make the all-star team can, I think he's blending in.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #692: June 11, 2012, 09:58:05 AM »
Whatevs.  He's maybe the only guy on the team who scores from first in the top of the ninth yesterday.  He's awesome.  And I actually find him less self-promoting and self-aggrandizing than I thought.  As much as a 19 year old who might make the all-star team can, I think he's blending in.

Totally agree.  He is much more polished and poised than I thought he'd be.  I thought he'd be a lot more brash but he has said the right thing nearly every time in front of the media.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #693: June 11, 2012, 10:10:18 AM »
McCarver was a jumble of words without thoughts when he was the Mets everyday announcer. Davey Johnson and Sam Perlozzo would position the OF, and McCarver was always telling the audience that Dykstra/Mookie should be closer, Strawberry moved this way, McReynolds moved that way...every batter.

I've listened to announcers from the opposing teams and:

- Vin Scully admires Harper...and that was Harper's first series, and Scully out-ranks McCarver among announcers.
- Atlanta announcers praise him.
- Cincinnati announcers think Harper's hustle is great stuff
- Mets announcers say it's a pleasure to watch Harper play

He hits a home run and he runs the bases. Killebrew never stopped to admire his home runs; the only time Frank Howard ever took a curtain call was his home run in the last Nats game. Harper plays baseball the right way. McCarver ought to retire.

Offline Skinz72

• Say hello to the DL-inator!!
« Reply #694: June 11, 2012, 10:25:14 AM »
I did not like his demeanor pre-MLB level.  He seemed arrogant, elistist and entitled.  This was much of the publics first impression, too.  However he really has presented himself differently as a ML'er.  He is respectful, selfless, says all the right things, and his huslte / production is exactly what any team would love to have.  Ask any detractor, "you might not like him, but would you like to have him on your team?"  Anyone would say "of course I would", except for the most stubborn of persons who love to be right about everything even when logic is screaming in their face.  BH is simply the player you want to have on your team.  Most baseball insiders love the kid and are asking where the negativity is coming from, becuase as a ML'er it is undeserved.  I think McCarver is playing the grumpy veteran role who wants to show Harper his way to play.  Be more efficient and show the enthusiasm when it's really needed.  Well Timmy, shouldn't enthusiasm be presented at all times on the field?  That is how BH plays.  All out 100% all the time.  That is how the greats of the game play.  That is the difference between players who play great, and great players.

Offline KingHarper

« Reply #695: June 11, 2012, 11:04:02 AM »
Really liked Tebow before the media went crazy. They (First Take) even had a topic justifying why they talk about him so much lol smh

Offline zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #696: June 11, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »
Analysts and real baseball people like him.  The peoplewho don't like him are just ignorant jealous fans

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #697: June 11, 2012, 11:34:35 AM »
Last page.

:lmao: :lmao:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #698: June 11, 2012, 12:38:42 PM »
I'm a Bryce Harper fanboi hater. 

Offline Count Walewski

« Reply #699: June 11, 2012, 12:40:13 PM »
Bryce Harper has  lot of objectively annoying habits, and has said dumb things in the past. But he gets lots of hits for a team I like, so I look the other way.