Author Topic: those wacky mets fans  (Read 1313 times)

Offline APBA Baseball

those wacky mets fans
« Topic Start: May 12, 2011, 04:03:47 AM »
I actually got up out of bed to type this, because I have a tendency to forget things that I hear when I'm half asleep. So...here it is.......And please sit down for this.

A caller to WFAN sports radio in NYC just said:

I am against trading Jose Reyes, but if we must trade him we need to get someone great back...like a trade with Washington for Bryce Harper.

They are going to be very surprised with what they get back for Reyes. He will be a rental player for a few months because he is definetly going to test the free agent market. Even a team like SF, probably would not be able to sign him long term.

Anyway, back to bed for another 2 hrs.   :shock:

Offline Coladar

Re: those wacky mets fans
« Reply #1: May 12, 2011, 04:18:00 AM »
I hope the caller at least sounded like he was eight or nine years old. Otherwise, holy crap, are there some stupid people in the world. You'd think by now you'd realize just how dumb people are, but stuff like that continues to amaze. Lol... Reyes for Harper. Never mind Harper still can't be traded since he has been drafted less than a year. Morons.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #2: May 12, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
That person is a moron. But we've been know to have fans here think that we can trade some of our players for a much higher return than they actually bring.

Offline Tyler Durden

• Leprechaun
« Reply #3: May 12, 2011, 09:23:57 AM »
I remember one media figure last year talking about trading Strasburg for Oswalt.  Then he got fired for some reason (I think unrelated to his Stras comments).  Don't remember who it was.

Offline blue911

« Reply #4: May 12, 2011, 09:53:06 AM »
I remember one media figure last year talking about trading Strasburg for Oswalt.  Then he got fired for some reason (I think unrelated to his Stras comments).  Don't remember who it was.

Steve Phillips.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #5: May 12, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #6: May 12, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »
That guy must be the Mets version of BBQ circa 2008.

« Reply #7: May 12, 2011, 10:00:34 AM »
God how stupid.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #8: May 12, 2011, 10:04:59 AM »
i'd send them matt stairs and h-rod for Reyes.

Offline blue911

« Reply #9: May 12, 2011, 10:10:21 AM »
i'd send them matt stairs and h-rod for Reyes.

Can't, I just traded Stairs for Albert Pujols and Tim Lincecum.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #10: May 12, 2011, 10:55:55 AM »
People thought that if the Nats didn't reach a deal with Strasburg, the Yankees should have just signed him. Others were wondering why the Nats even got the chance and the Yankees couldn't just sign him. People are dumb.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #11: May 12, 2011, 11:23:16 AM »
People thought that if the Nats didn't reach a deal with Strasburg, the Yankees should have just signed him. Others were wondering why the Nats even got the chance and the Yankees couldn't just sign him. People are dumb.

Are you serious?

« Reply #12: May 12, 2011, 11:24:48 AM »

I remember this!

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #13: May 12, 2011, 11:25:27 AM »
People thought that if the Nats didn't reach a deal with Strasburg,

People are dumb.

Offline PANatsFan

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #15: May 12, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
First, a dumbass :lol: http://www.mikeymcmikemike.com/2009/08/nationals-considered-trading-strasburg.html

and on the rest, yes

I don't know it would be worth considering for Teix (they pick up whole contract), CC (again they pick up whole contract and pay us balance if he opts out) and Gardner- Seriously though teams usually don't trade guys like stras for a reason- the signing bonus is already paid leaving us with a very good and very cost controlled player under team control for a very long time, but without the risk of a guaranteed long term deal

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #16: May 12, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
First, a dumbass :lol: http://www.mikeymcmikemike.com/2009/08/nationals-considered-trading-strasburg.html

and on the rest, yes

:rofl:

The Yankees offered Phil Hughes, 10 wins in the 2010 season and 15 wins in the 2011 season. The point of the game is to win and Yanks were willing to give the Nats a bit of a head start at their expense. Part of the thinking is that long term Strasburg would be worth more in terms of both wins and money in New York than the 25 they would be giving up. If the Nationals were to take such a trade they would only have needed to go .500 to have a reasonable chance at making the playoffs

« Reply #17: May 12, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »
New York baseball fans are such mindless twats.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #18: May 12, 2011, 01:33:55 PM »
it's still fun in the winter, when it's dark early and you can easily tune into 660 AM WFAN, to listen to the insanely intense callers, especially on Francesca's show.  The passion that NY fans have is amusing.

Still, nothing tops the caller I heard on local radio a few years back who in all seriousness argued that the Nats should have turned Kearns into a pitcher because he had a great arm but couldn't hit.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #19: May 12, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »

and on the rest, yes

just want to note that one of the tags on this particular blog entry is "Fake News".

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #20: May 12, 2011, 01:50:36 PM »
Back just prior to the season, some Phillies fan called into Jim Bowden's radio show on XM and made the case for why the Cardinals should trade Pujols to Philly straight up for Ryan Howard. It didn't take long for Bowden to calmly and methodically explain why that couldn't/wouldn't happen for the various contract restrictions involved with Pujols, but also make the kid out to be living in lala land.

Offline Evolution33

• Blown Save, Win
« Reply #21: May 12, 2011, 02:43:16 PM »
Back just prior to the season, some Phillies fan called into Jim Bowden's radio show on XM and made the case for why the Cardinals should trade Pujols to Philly straight up for Ryan Howard. It didn't take long for Bowden to calmly and methodically explain why that couldn't/wouldn't happen for the various contract restrictions involved with Pujols, but also make the kid out to be living in lala land.

As bad as Bowden was as our GM I liked him on the radio, and Kevin Millar makes me miss him that much more.

Offline APBA Baseball

« Reply #22: May 12, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
New York baseball fans are such mindless twats.

its not just baseball fans...NY sports fans in general. Thats why I always tell people that I am in UPSTATE NY....because there is a huge difference. NY metro area fans think they have the best of everything. My favorite though is when there is a caller that thinks quantity replaces quality. It'll go something like this.

"hello, long time yankee fan, first time caller. We know Pujols will want a lot of money and STL may not be able to keep him. Why can't we put a nice package together of maybe David Robertson, Francisco Cervelli, Joba, eric chavez and maybe a low level prospect or two and get Pujols on the yankees?"

Offline PANatsFan

« Reply #23: May 12, 2011, 04:22:36 PM »
just want to note that one of the tags on this particular blog entry is "Fake News".

I saw it, but it still annoyed me and wasn't funny, and other people thought it was real (NY fans)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #24: May 12, 2011, 04:31:14 PM »
I saw it, but it still annoyed me and wasn't funny, and other people thought it was real (NY fans)

I would have thought the part about them giving us an extra 10 wins might have been a tipoff.