Author Topic: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 1  (Read 20633 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals vs Red Sox, Game 1
« Reply #25: June 23, 2009, 03:17:20 PM »
so Nieves is in the doghouse again? and Hernandez too?

I still have no clue why Bard keeps getting starts. Nieves usually catches Lannan. :?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #26: June 23, 2009, 03:19:18 PM »
I like our lineup.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #27: June 23, 2009, 03:24:49 PM »

I still have no clue why Bard keeps getting starts. Nieves usually catches Lannan. :?

I don't mind switching AlGo and Hernandez around, but I think Nieves/Bard is pretty much a wash at this point.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #28: June 23, 2009, 03:26:34 PM »

Nationals

SS Cristian Guzman
1B Nick Johnson
3B Ryan Zimmerman
LF Adam Dunn
RF Josh Willingham

2B Alberto Gonzalez
CF Willie Harris
C Josh Bard
P John Lannan

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #29: June 23, 2009, 03:27:21 PM »
Is Dukes injured? It doesn't make sense to continue to bench the guy who actually has future potential on this team.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #30: June 23, 2009, 03:28:56 PM »
Just in case you missed it.  Gates open at 4:35 today.  Metro will take more time on all lines

The Washington Nationals express their deepest sympathies to those affected by yesterday's Metrorail tragedy on the Red Line. A moment of silence will take place before this evening's game vs. the Boston Red Sox in honor of the victims.

Metro has advised all customers to plan for extra travel time both on Metro and the roads due to yesterday's accident. All Nationals fans attending tonight's game vs. the Boston Red Sox are encouraged to allow more time for their trip and to anticipate delays both coming to and leaving the ballpark.

Fans may park for free at RFK Stadium's Lot 8 and take the free Nats Express to Nationals Park. The Nats Express begins at 5:30pm and runs through an hour-and-a-half after the final out.

Parking is available around Nationals Park and may be pre-purchased at www.nationals.com/waytogo. Nationals Park Garages B and C will open today at 4:30pm, while all other lots will open at 5:00pm.

Fans planning to take Metro should visit www.wmata.com for up-to-the-minute information on station closings and delays.

Limited seating for the series vs. the Red Sox is available online at nationals.com. The $5 Grandstand tickets will be made available beginning at 4:35pm each day at the Nationals Park Team Store Box Office, located in Center Field Plaza. Standing Room Only tickets will be made available once all Grandstand Tickets are sold.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #31: June 23, 2009, 03:29:38 PM »
I must really be out of it - not only did I forget about Dukes, I also forgot about Willingham in RF :-[

Offline HalfSmokes

« Reply #32: June 23, 2009, 03:30:03 PM »
Is Dukes injured? It doesn't make sense to continue to bench the guy who actually has future potential on this team.

It does when he can't hit worth a damn and the manager is fighting for his job

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #33: June 23, 2009, 03:30:57 PM »

Bard caught Lannan in the Nats win over the Yanks.  And NJ has '360' playing 2nd and batting 8th.

Not everything is a conspiracy dude. 

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #34: June 23, 2009, 03:31:14 PM »
I must really be out of it - not only did I forget about Dukes, I also forgot about Willingham in RF :-[

I'd rather trade Willingham more than Kearns right now.  Kearns is an o.k. option as a 4th OF adn Willingham would most certainly command more in a trade than Kearns at this point.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #35: June 23, 2009, 03:33:46 PM »
I'd rather trade Willingham more than Kearns right now.  Kearns is an o.k. option as a 4th OF adn Willingham would most certainly command more in a trade than Kearns at this point.

I'd agree with that.  Though I don't think either is worth much at this point, and I'm pretty sure they'll dump Kearns once they're sure he can't be unloaded - meaning sometime around the trade deadline.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #36: June 23, 2009, 03:41:32 PM »
I'd agree with that.  Though I don't think either is worth much at this point, and I'm pretty sure they'll dump Kearns once they're sure he can't be unloaded - meaning sometime around the trade deadline.

I don't see them cutting him if they fail to trade him.  At that point there's nothing to lose by letting him play out his contract, they can call the kids up in September anyway.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #37: June 23, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
I don't see them cutting him if they fail to trade him.  At that point there's nothing to lose by letting him play out his contract, they can call the kids up in September anyway.

Cutting him after the deadline is a compromise.  It maximizes the possibility of unloading him, but it also gives the fans something if they can't move him, as well as gives somebody from the minors a little extra playing time.  Saying that there's nothing to lose by letting him play out his contract is like saying you've got nothing to lose by letting an idiot finish the horrible paint-job on your house because you already paid him instead of cutting him 2/3 of the way through and hiring someone else.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #38: June 23, 2009, 03:53:40 PM »
Willingham is a nice player. He's more of a DH than Dunn IMO though. Does that make him more or less tradable?

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #39: June 23, 2009, 03:58:50 PM »
what? :?

one win sucks and is not an accomplishment. if they win tonight which they should they need to take at least 2 if not all 3 games. we are 30 games under .500. every game is a must win.

Sorry that my expectations are realistic...

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #40: June 23, 2009, 03:59:42 PM »
I hope we own the Red Sox asses this series.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #41: June 23, 2009, 04:00:50 PM »
Saying that there's nothing to lose by letting him play out his contract is like saying you've got nothing to lose by letting an idiot finish the horrible paint-job on your house because you already paid him instead of cutting him 2/3 of the way through and hiring someone else.

I resemble that remark.   :rofl:

Actually, I'd be the painter....    :?

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #42: June 23, 2009, 04:03:12 PM »
Well if I was ever going to buckle down and get the mlb.tv package tonight would be the night.  I have a real morbid curiousity about these games. 

I'll be at home trying to resist the temptation but recently the wife and I cut back on a few things and the MLB Network was a casualty so I have to get my baseball watching fix somewhere.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #43: June 23, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
Hey spider you wanna do up another bet for this game?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #44: June 23, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
Sorry that my expectations are realistic...
you sound like Acta. :lol:

of course everyone thinks they will get swept but they should not be satisfied with winning 1 game out of 3 no matter who the opponent is.

that is a weak mind set.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #45: June 23, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
Bard caught Lannan in the Nats win over the Yanks.  And NJ has '360' playing 2nd and batting 8th.

Not everything is a conspiracy dude. 
Bard batting 6th sucks. Acta has found himself a new pet player.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #46: June 23, 2009, 04:35:36 PM »
Hey spider you wanna do up another bet for this game?

What kind of bet are thinking about?

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #47: June 23, 2009, 04:36:39 PM »
Chief - shame him off the board like I did to 2k6 :rofl:

Offline The Chief

« Reply #48: June 23, 2009, 04:36:48 PM »
What kind of bet are thinking about?

I dunno.  I just want something interesting to watch in case the game turns into a stinker.  Might be more fun if we can rope SF into it too.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #49: June 23, 2009, 04:40:11 PM »
I'd probably be willing to do one like we did last time only this time going by total OPS.