Author Topic: How do these guys keep getting jobs?  (Read 812 times)

How do these guys keep getting jobs?
« Topic Start: January 08, 2007, 10:37:26 PM »
You know the type of player.  They guys who consistently suck yet continue to somehow, someway, get a job either in the majors or minors.  I truly believe Ramon Ortiz is "that kind of guy" but I know some who will debate that.  But debate this:  How does this following guy keep getting a job?

Kevin Gryboski just signed a minor league deal with invite to ST with the Pittsburgh Pirates.  According to rotoworld.com:

"Pirates signed RHP Kevin Gryboski to a minor league contract and invited him to spring training.
Gryboski hasn't had any success since the Braves dealt him away in 2005. He finished last year with a 3.71 ERA at Triple-A New Orleans, but that came with a 1.53 WHIP and he allowed 11 runs -- nine earned -- in 5 2/3 innings with the Nationals. He shouldn't make the Pirates."

Offline Dave B

« Reply #1: January 08, 2007, 10:54:48 PM »
Because they were successful at one time.  Its worth giving them a chance/tryout

Offline Kenz aFan

• Just a fan
« Reply #2: January 09, 2007, 12:10:24 AM »
Quote from: "Dave B"
Because they were successful at one time.  Its worth giving them a chance/tryout

Yuppers, that's very true, baseball teams and idiot GMs love to wish in one hand and sh** in the other, and that's even though they all know that 9 times out of 10 it's the OTHER hand that gets filled fastest.

Offline UMDNats

« Reply #3: January 09, 2007, 07:35:20 PM »
Wil Cordero?
Why he was every signed is beyond me.