Author Topic: Ian Desmond All Star?  (Read 1085 times)

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
Re: Ian Desmond All Star?
« Reply #25: May 22, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
No way Desmond gets voted in and if the manager is picking names... I cannot see Desmond getting the nod.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #26: May 22, 2012, 12:03:25 PM »
No way Desmond gets voted in and if the manager is picking names... I cannot see Desmond getting the nod.

Didn't Tony LaRussa say he was a big fan of Ian Desmond earlier this year? But I still say the middle IF bench spot is an Astro (Lowrie/Altuve).

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #27: May 22, 2012, 12:59:14 PM »
:nono:

I'm 100% full-on Sunshine Squad™ now, didn't you know?

I forgot. I have no idea why, since your cheery disposition should always be a constant reminder of where you stand.  :lol:

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #28: May 22, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »
Didn't Tony LaRussa say he was a big fan of Ian Desmond earlier this year? But I still say the middle IF bench spot is an Astro (Lowrie/Altuve).

Sportsfan=LaRussa?

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #29: May 22, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
Why are you even responding to him? He's just freaking out because you aren't praising Desmond on some mouth-breather level that he understands. If you want to placate him, just say something about Desmond's power hitting being "silly" and leave it at that.

:lol:

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #30: May 22, 2012, 01:08:43 PM »
I forgot. I have no idea why, since your cheery disposition should always be a constant reminder of where you stand.  :lol:

Hey now, I'm a pretty happy guy In Real Life®™.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #31: May 22, 2012, 01:21:40 PM »
Hey now, I'm a pretty happy guy In Real Life®™.

Trademarked by whom, Al Gore?

Offline 114D

« Reply #32: May 22, 2012, 01:22:20 PM »
It could happen but if you look at the current stats for NL SS it's a bit of a longshot.  Figure 1 vote and 2 coach picks.  The problem is the vote will either Tulo, Reyes, or Starlin Castro.  And right now Furcal and Infante have better stats.  Odds go way, way up if somehow Furcal gets voted in.  And still Desmond could pass either of these guys.  Or they could get injured.  Or there could be 4 SS but I doubt it.  Hanley or Tulo could easily come alive and fly right by Ian too.  But he's definitely got a shot as of now.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/stats/byposition  (filter for NL, SS and qualified leaders)

Offline BerkeleyNat

« Reply #33: May 22, 2012, 01:53:33 PM »