Author Topic: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1  (Read 26945 times)

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
Re: Nationals vs Braves, Game 1
« Reply #75: April 20, 2009, 08:42:17 PM »
dude, are you kidding? that'd be AWESOME. watch the Caps game and then the Nats game

Yeah that is my mindset but I think the Nats are gonna get called.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #76: April 20, 2009, 08:43:42 PM »
just call the darn  :) game and let him start tomorrow.
what the hell.
I know the Lerners want the publicity of a top prospect making his debut, but this is getting ridiculous.

Language Filter should convert "hell" to "heck."

I saw lightning here.  If there's lightning at Acta Park, they cannot play. 

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #77: April 20, 2009, 08:43:43 PM »

hows the weather down there now?

Offline I ride Nats

« Reply #78: April 20, 2009, 08:45:19 PM »
caps are actually showing up tonight... I kind of want this nats game to get called so I dont have anything to dissapoint me :(

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #79: April 20, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
me too. it's inexcusable they have gone this long without postponing it though. embarrassment

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #80: April 20, 2009, 08:46:03 PM »
caps are actually showing up tonight... I kind of want this nats game to get called so I dont have anything to dissapoint me :(
:clap:

I do want to watch JZ pitch though but that can wait for tomorrow.

Bags

« Reply #81: April 20, 2009, 08:49:41 PM »
Intellicast shows the cell they've been waiting for to arrive, and then pass over, has almost done that, if it's not too late by the time they finally get everything ready for the first pitch, they've got a break in the precip. coming up.

http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Metro.aspx?animate=true
Note:  If it doesn't look like it's almost past us, check the update time and extrapolate it (and try hitting refresh).

« Reply #82: April 20, 2009, 08:49:55 PM »
Jesus Christ. Just because they wait forever to call a game (which every other team in the League does, this is absolutely nothing new) it's an embarrassment?

Getting a little too sensitive around here. Do some of you need to snuggle or something? :lol:

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #83: April 20, 2009, 08:52:45 PM »
I hope the game is still on! IT CANT WAIT FOR TOMORROW

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #84: April 20, 2009, 08:52:48 PM »
Jesus Christ. Just because they wait forever to call a game (which every other team in the League does, this is absolutely nothing new) it's an embarrassment?

Getting a little too sensitive around here. Do some of you need to snuggle or something? :lol:

look around the league. all of the other teams called their games because of rain hours ago to save people the trouble of driving to the stadium (gas = $$$) and then sitting in a misty rain while doling out more money for food/drinks.

how crappy would it be to postpone the game now after all of that? If I was at the game and they did that I would be pissed.

I expect them to play tonight after delaying it for so long. if they postpone it now it's an embarrassment. if they wanted to postpone it they should have done it hours ago like every other team did today.

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #85: April 20, 2009, 08:54:50 PM »
Isn't it mostly the umpire's decision?

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #86: April 20, 2009, 08:54:55 PM »
scheduled start time 9:15 PM EST per Food Critic Harlan

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #87: April 20, 2009, 08:55:16 PM »
Isn't it mostly the umpire's decision?
not until the game starts. prior to the start of the game it's the home team's call.

« Reply #88: April 20, 2009, 08:59:13 PM »
look around the league. all of the other teams called their games because of rain hours ago to save people the trouble of driving to the stadium (gas = $$$) and then sitting in a misty rain while doling out more money for food/drinks.

I think that reflects more on the bad decisions made by the people who actually went out there and did all that. Again, this is nothing new. Every team does this.

how crappy would it be to postpone the game now after all of that? If I was at the game and they did that I would be pissed.

I question how many people actually walk into a stadium when it's raining and spend oodles of money on food, drink, and souvenirs when they know the game could be called. They would be stupid to do that.

I expect them to play tonight after delaying it for so long. if they postpone it now it's an embarrassment. if they wanted to postpone it they should have done it hours ago like every other team did today.

Oh stop whining and being such a queen. Ridiculous to get worked up about. Your not at the game so your not one of the "thousands of poor Nats fans at the game" spending their Nest Egg on Build-A-Bear. Let them be suckers.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #89: April 20, 2009, 09:01:15 PM »
I think that reflects more on the bad decisions made by the people who actually went out there and did all that. Again, this is nothing new. Every team does this.

I question how many people actually walk into a stadium when it's raining and spend oodles of money on food, drink, and souvenirs when they know the game could be called. They would be stupid to do that.

Oh stop whining and being such a queen. Ridiculous to get worked up about. Your not at the game so your not one of the "thousands of poor Nats fans at the game" spending their Nest Egg on Build-A-Bear. Let them be suckers.
now that they are playing all of that I said doesn't mean anything. It was only going to be a joke if they postponed it after delaying it that long. I've been to a game that has been delayed before. it's no fun.

just as I am posting, Carpenter and Dibble are back on air. JZ is warming up. :az:

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #90: April 20, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »
look around the league. all of the other teams called their games because of rain hours ago to save people the trouble of driving to the stadium (gas = $$$) and then sitting in a misty rain while doling out more money for food/drinks...

True.  The ESPN MLB game last night (Cardinals at Cubs) AND tonight (Oakland at Yankees) were both postponed for rain. 

I'm watching the new Magic's Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed on CW.  Doing an old Houdini trick with the usual hottie assistants.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #91: April 20, 2009, 09:06:49 PM »
How much are the Build-A-Screech's?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #92: April 20, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
They're showing the RZ press conference from earlier today on MASN HD right now.  First I've seen of it.  Kasten claims that the deal was basically done before opening day.  I don't agree that Zimm looks unhappy...  just bored :lol:  Not being a fan of meetings myself, I can certainly sympathize.

Offline blue911

« Reply #93: April 20, 2009, 09:09:31 PM »
8:18 and it's still raining in western Fairfax.  Meanwhile the midgets are determined to kill someone with their trebuchet.  :shock:

Out of curiosity, How far can you toss a midget with a trebuchet? (accuracy isn't judged, just distance)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #94: April 20, 2009, 09:11:28 PM »
They're showing the RZ press conference from earlier today on MASN HD right now.  First I've seen of it.  Kasten claims that the deal was basically done before opening day.  I don't agree that Zimm looks unhappy...  just bored :lol:  Not being a fan of meetings myself, I can certainly sympathize.
yeah he looked bored and uncomfortable and I don't blame him. no one wants to answer all of those stupid ass generic questions about yourself in front of a bunch of people and also on live TV.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #95: April 20, 2009, 09:13:57 PM »
Dibble seems like a pretty cool guy.  I hope we keep him around for more than a year.

Offline Roarin Storen

• #teamlocke
« Reply #96: April 20, 2009, 09:14:03 PM »
Game looks to be on, MLB.com has us "in the top of the first" which means the game is starting soon and isn't in delay.

Offline MDoyle

• UMW 2010
« Reply #97: April 20, 2009, 09:14:38 PM »
Yeah Zimmerman definitely doesn't seem like the type of guy that enjoys these types of press conferences.  He doesn't even like watching baseball.

Offline DCFan

• What are you dense?
« Reply #98: April 20, 2009, 09:14:50 PM »
Out of curiosity, How far can you toss a midget with a trebuchet? (accuracy isn't judged, just distance)

Not very far when the welds break.  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #99: April 20, 2009, 09:14:54 PM »
let's do this.