Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1  (Read 36900 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 1
« Reply #25: April 10, 2009, 12:58:26 PM »
dude and so has nieves.  i'm a nieves fan as well, but take off the blinders. 

pitchers have praised bard for his game calling and the fact that he's a switch hitter could come to use.
it doesn't matter if he's a switch hitter if he can't hit.

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #26: April 10, 2009, 12:58:34 PM »
dude and so has nieves.  i'm a nieves fan as well
? You were hating on him/Harris in the last GD thread. :lol:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #27: April 10, 2009, 01:00:07 PM »
well that would be awful. He is one of the few Nats that has came up with a clutch hit this season.

i like gonzalez, i just don't know where to put him w/ belliard and harris on the club. 

and haha it's been three games ... we'll see more clutch hits this season. 

Offline JMUalumni

« Reply #28: April 10, 2009, 01:00:43 PM »
well that would be awful. He is one of the few Nats that has came up with a clutch hit this season.

It would be even worse if we cut a guy after seeing him have, what, 4 or 5 at bats.  Give me a break, I like Alberto as much as the next guy, but they won't keep him, Hernandez, Belliard, and Harris on the squad at the same time at this point in the season.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #29: April 10, 2009, 01:01:36 PM »
? You were hating on him/Harris in the last GD thread. :lol:
i'd rather have flores out there (and i know it was a day after night game situation).  harris probably had the worst spring of all the nats that made the 25 man roster (offensively and defensively). 

it doesn't matter if he's a switch hitter if he can't hit.
and nieves has been setting the world on fire with his hitting this year? 

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #30: April 10, 2009, 01:02:02 PM »
i like gonzalez, i just don't know where to put him w/ belliard and harris on the club. 
I wish we'd just release or DFA Belliard. :?

He doesn't even look that good with the bat any more.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #31: April 10, 2009, 01:03:58 PM »
It would be even worse if we cut a guy after seeing him have, what, 4 or 5 at bats.  Give me a break, I like Alberto as much as the next guy, but they won't keep him, Hernandez, Belliard, and Harris on the squad at the same time at this point in the season.
maybe but that's all bullcrap anyways. The best players should be on the team, period.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #32: April 10, 2009, 01:04:49 PM »

Yeah, I've lost faith in Belliard. he's lost a step or two. We definitely need Anderson Hernandez back though so Belly could go back to a bench role.

It'd be nice to see AlGo get a start tonight.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #33: April 10, 2009, 01:04:54 PM »

Ronnie Baseball has looked like dog doo, but again, after three games, I'm not ready to write anyone off.  He's had some good years with us as a bench player.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #34: April 10, 2009, 01:06:37 PM »
With Garret Anderson dealing with a strained right calf, Diaz, who homered and doubled on Wednesday, may spend this weekend's series in left field. Chipper Jones, who missed Wednesday's finale with a bruised left thumb, is expected to return to the lineup on Friday.

"It's always important to win games within your division, and we have a really good chance to get off to a good start within our division," Lowe said.
great. Chipper will be back and Diaz will be in the lineup for Garrett Anderson. He has always hit well against us.

• pissy DC sports fan
« Reply #35: April 10, 2009, 01:09:56 PM »
Great

We're cooked

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #36: April 10, 2009, 01:12:47 PM »
Great

We're cooked
Look at the 3 pitchers we get to face this series: Lowe, Kawakami, Jurrjens. :bang:

Hey, but at least we get to face Jamie Moyer for the Home Opener on Monday. :?

« Reply #37: April 10, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
It's such an exciting time to be a Nats fan.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #38: April 10, 2009, 01:22:30 PM »
Andy: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #39: April 10, 2009, 01:32:30 PM »
Andy: Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Red: What are you talkin' about?
Andy: Hope.
Red: Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea.
Andy: Like Brooks did?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #40: April 10, 2009, 01:35:42 PM »
Red: What are you talkin' about?
Andy: Hope.
Red: Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You'd better get used to that idea.
Andy: Like Brooks did?

(i'll do ya one better, b/c i knew someone would reply with that)

Red: I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

(he's a changed man ... I hope some of you all will be too ... andy showed him there was reason to hope, i hope to be the Andy Dufresne of WNFF)

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #41: April 10, 2009, 01:54:13 PM »
Ha, what I quoted was actually my sig on a college basketball board...It was easy for me to look up quickly.  Maybe I'll watch that tonight on the television while I'm watching the game on the computer...

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #42: April 10, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
time to bounce back vs the Braves! it's going to be a tough task to get that elusive first win tonight. i think Shairon will silence the Braves home opener crowd, it'll be up the Nats offense to scrounge some runs off of Lowe.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #43: April 10, 2009, 03:00:36 PM »
time to bounce back vs the Braves! it's going to be a tough task to get that elusive first win tonight. i think Sharion will silence the Braves home opener crowd, it'll be up the Nats offense to scrounge some runs off of Lowe.

there ya go!  no mention of dukes and you give words of encouragement to the nats :clap:

Ha, what I quoted was actually my sig on a college basketball board...It was easy for me to look up quickly.  Maybe I'll watch that tonight on the television while I'm watching the game on the computer...

solid flick.  it is locked in as one of my top 5 movies of all-time and no movie will ever bump it off the top 5 list.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #44: April 10, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »
solid flick.  it is locked in as one of my top 5 movies of all-time and no movie will ever bump it off the top 5 list.
That makes two of us.

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #45: April 10, 2009, 03:22:16 PM »
I figure that it's nice to know what the opposing lineup looks like, just so a general idea is given as to what we're going to be up against.  Lineups don't tend to change much at all from day to day, so more or less the lineup given is correct most days.

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #46: April 10, 2009, 03:25:52 PM »
Are we sure that JZ is making his ML debut on the 19th? If so, I want to lock up good seats before they are gone.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #47: April 10, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
I figure that it's nice to know what the opposing lineup looks like, just so a general idea is given as to what we're going to be up against.  Lineups don't tend to change much at all from day to day, so more or less the lineup given is correct most days.
it's all good ... thanks for taking the time to do all this stuff.

Are we sure that JZ is making his ML debut on the 19th? If so, I want to lock up good seats before they are gone.
yup ... i already got tickets ... and it's supposed to be beautiful out that day.  FTW!!!

Offline natsfan4evr

« Reply #48: April 10, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »
it's all good ... thanks for taking the time to do all this stuff.
yup ... i already got tickets ... and it's supposed to be beautiful out that day.  FTW!!!
What happens if we have a rain out and everyone gets pushed back. Is this day confirmed, or will he pitch in the correct order?

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #49: April 10, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »
What happens if we have a rain out and everyone gets pushed back. Is this day confirmed, or will he pitch in the correct order?

well i doubt they'd switch his schedule around, being so young.  and there is an offday this week, so they can probably work around it.  i'm sure they won't switch him. 

and besides: http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/USGA0028?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared (weather looks pretty good)