Author Topic: Sources tell SI Alex Rodriguez tested positive for steroids in 2003  (Read 12113 times)

MrMadison

along with 103 other players.

Offline Capital Punisher

MrMadison

the bigger question here is, MLB took these tests and then pretty much ignored them, hoping it'd go away quietly. why didn't Selig and his idiots nip this in the bud from the get-go?

Offline sportsfan882

Not surprising but definitely disappointing.

I'd be interested to know who the other 100 players are too.

MrMadison

this could be another case of Vindication for Jose Canseco.

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that A-Rod was Juicing.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
this could be another case of Vindication for Jose Canseco.

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that A-Rod was Juicing.

Yeah. Just a couple of nights ago I was talking about this with my brother. We were going over what appeared to be unnatural power surges since the late 1990's. I wound up telling my brother that Canseco could've been lying about A-Rod because banged his wife.   :?

BTW, there was talk about the decline of Daniel Cabrera on another thread. Maybe he was a juicer as well.

Re: A-Roid tested positive on '03
« Reply #7: February 07, 2009, 01:39:04 PM »
Can we say "lethal injection" to one's career?

Can't say it is ultimately surprising since he was never the sharpest tool in the shed.

Offline hammondsnats

Re: A-Roid tested positive on '03
« Reply #8: February 07, 2009, 01:42:33 PM »
still a helluva ballplayer and i'd take him

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Frankly, I'm disappointed. I wanted to believe that A-Rod actually had God given talents. What a sad day.

My Yank fans are already trying to stick up for him.

"He wasn't a Yankee when he did it!"

Who gives a crap if he was in a Chicken outfit swinging a bat, he did it, and he needs to be tarred and feathered. He deserves the ridicule.

Offline ronnynat

If this is true, it'll really pisses me off. He already had the talent to be the best. He didn't NEED that crap!!

Offline HalfSmokes

So Conseco is 100% accurate?

Could be funny, if he passes Aaron the number 1 and 2 homerun guys might not get into Cooperstown.

Offline spidernat

If this is true, it'll really pisses me off. He already had the talent to be the best. He didn't NEED that crap!!

Same can be said for Bonds. Bonds had loads of talent.

Frankly, I'm disappointed. I wanted to believe that A-Rod actually had God given talents. What a sad day.

I agree.

My Yank fans are already trying to stick up for him.

"He wasn't a Yankee when he did it!"

Who gives a crap if he was in a Chicken outfit swinging a bat, he did it, and he needs to be tarred and feathered. He deserves the ridicule.

freak that crap. He's been unmasked and he has to be treated as badly as the rest of the juicers. The juice has made a lot of money for these motherfreakers. That nag ass didn't even deny it. I guess he can't really. He just referred people to what the union has to say. He knows they will come out with some weak ass defense on his behalf. They have to go back and designate this entire era in the record books and wipe it clean.

MrMadison

So Conseco is 100% accurate?

not 100%, but man...he's the real Vindicator, to hell with Tim Redding.

remember how many people laughed and made jokes at Canseco at first?

Offline spidernat

Canseco called himself the godfather of steroids.

It's at times like these that Cal Ripken Jr. must ask himself, "Some say I saved the game of baseball. But to what end?" :(

Offline sportsfan882

At least we know most all of our players were not juicers because they are so young.

Offline eckseid

At least we know most all of our players were not juicers because they are so young.

That is a good thing.

Offline PANatsFan

freak that crap. He's been unmasked and he has to be treated as badly as the rest of the juicers. The juice has made a lot of money for these motherfreakers. That nag ass didn't even deny it. I guess he can't really. He just referred people to what the union has to say. He knows they will come out with some weak ass defense on his behalf. They have to go back and designate this entire era in the record books and wipe it clean.

Yup, screw A-Rod. I defended him for years because I wanted a baseball hero. Plus he's kind of a smart, introspective guy, and I liked that about him. Now he's a damn cheater.

The New York Post has labeled him "A-Roid."

God, I love that rag. :lol:

Offline PANatsFan

The New York Post has labeled him "A-Roid."

God, I love that rag. :lol:

You know it's a Rupert Murdoch property right? :rofl:

You know it's a Rupert Murdoch property right? :rofl:

I don't care. What other paper (other than the Onion) can you on one page read about baseball and then flip the page to read about some transvestite killing his/her lover and melting their body in a tub full of acid in Hell's Kitchen?

Offline spidernat

I wouldn't be too confident about that.

It's at times like these that Cal Ripken Jr. must ask himself, "Some say I saved the game of baseball. But to what end?" :(

I suspect he was a juicer too.

Offline HalfSmokes

McGuire and Sosa had something to do with saving the game.

I'm in the minority in not caring. If I'm paying good money to see a game, I want to see the best athletes in the world; if they destroy their bodies doing it, its their choice.