Author Topic: SuiteSeats Tickets Review  (Read 2521 times)

Offline RL04

SuiteSeats Tickets Review
« Topic Start: June 11, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »
As a Father's Day (and Birthday) present, my kids bought me "Suite Seat" Party Suite tickets to one of the Yankee games this weekend.

The team's Group Sales web page says "Starter food & beverage credit (are) included" with suite tickets.

What does that credit actually mean?

And does it only apply to groups who purchase an entire suite for the whole season or does it also apply to the peasants such as us who are only purchasing for one game?

Thanks.

Offline Count Walewski

Re: SuiteSeats Tickets Question
« Reply #1: June 11, 2012, 12:41:03 PM »
This is relevant to my interests, as I might get one of these seats myself. I'd like to know what I am getting into.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.
« Reply #2: June 11, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
As a Father's Day (and Birthday) present, my kids bought me "Suite Seat" Party Suite tickets to one of the Yankee games this weekend.

The team's Group Sales web page says "Starter food & beverage credit (are) included" with suite tickets.

What does that credit actually mean?

And does it only apply to groups who purchase an entire suite for the whole season or does it also apply to the peasants such as us who are only purchasing for one game?

Thanks.

Don't quote me on this - but I would take that to mean you do NOT get food in your suite. But, there is plenty of food options atthe Club Level and I take that language to mean that your ticket has some nominal food credit on it.

From the Nats website:
INDIVIDUAL SUITE SEATS
INDIVIDUAL SUITE SEATS AVAILABLE FOR SERIES VS. YANKEES - JUNE 15-16-17
Due to high demand and expected capacity, extra seating has just been released for the Nationals June 15-17 series vs. the New York Yankees. Individual suite tickets available while supplies last.

Suite ticket includes:

Seat in Jefferson Suite or Party Suite located on the Suite Level
Climate controlled indoor area with outdoor seating
Secure, private and covered seating area sheltered from the elements
Access to Stars & Stripes Club
Party Suite tickets are available for $125 per seat. Jefferson Suite tickets are available for $175 per seat. While supplies last.

*Party and Jefferson Suites do not include food and beverage package.

VIP Suite ticket includes:

Seat in Washington Suite located on the Main Concourse Level behind home plate
Food and beverage package included in the suite
Contoured leather suite seat
Secure, private and covered seating area sheltered from the elements
Access to Stars & Stripes Club
Washington Suite tickets are available for $250. While supplies last.

I read that as the $125 Party and $175 Jefferson tickets come with zero free food. And the $250 VIP tickets come with an unspecified food package.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #3: June 11, 2012, 12:52:47 PM »
Don't quote me on this - but I would take that to mean you do NOT get food in your suite. But, there is plenty of food options atthe Club Level and I take that language to mean that your ticket has some nominal food credit on it.

From the Nats website:
I read that as the $125 Party and $175 Jefferson tickets come with zero free food. And the $250 VIP tickets come with an unspecified food package.

That was the case during the Strasburg debut.

Offline RL04

« Reply #4: June 11, 2012, 04:14:47 PM »
From the Nats website:

I read that as the $125 Party and $175 Jefferson tickets come with zero free food.
And the $250 VIP tickets come with an unspecified food package.

Ugh!   You're right.  I'm an idiot.

As far as food options (this gets back to my earlier "restaurant" thread of a while back) we'll have access to Stars & Stripes but nothing else, I guess ... other than the usual food concessions, of course.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #5: June 11, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
The Washington suites are sweet.  $250 is a ton of money for a ballgame but I'd take that with the food package over the President's club.

Offline RL04

SuiteSeats Tickets Review
« Reply #6: June 18, 2012, 11:54:17 AM »

For those interested, here is my “review” of the Party Suite tickets purchased through the “Suite Seats” program (and other comments about the day).

We purchased three tickets  through the team’s SuiteSeats web page for yesterday’s (Sunday) game against the Yankees.  The Party Suite tickets, I think were $125 each.

Traffic was not very bad at all.  There was the typical backup on the Roosevelt Bridge to get through the Stop sign onto Independence Avenue.  But traffic around the stadium on M Street was actually not that bad and I was able to  park our car with plenty of time to get something to eat and to get to our seats.

Since out tickets gained us  admission, we tried out the “Grill” within the  Stars and Stripes Club.  Very disappointing.  The food in the S&S Club is typical ballpark fair found elsewhere in the stadium (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.).  The only advantage is that it’s air-conditioned inside and that there are tables to sit down at.   The view through a glass wall to try and watch the game is extremely small and limited.  Maybe there is room for four people at each end to watch the game.  (There are TV monitors and the radio feed piped in.)

A big problem as I see when selling individual suite tickets to games is that there is no assigned seat number.  So, when we got to the box, there were no three seats in a row for my me and my children to all sit together.  Once considerate man (and his son) moved however so that we could all sit together.

But when we got up to go to the bathroom or to get a snack, someone was sitting in “our” seats so we had to sit somewhere else.  Luckily those people did not come back or, if they did, they also moved.

There has been a  lot of discussion here about what the percentage of Yankee fans were at the stadium.  In our box there were four or five Yankee fans and about twelve Nationals fans.  I’d say,  in my estimation, that about matches the crowd overall ... about 25 to 30 percent Yankee fans.  I also did not see any large “sea of blue” in the stands, especially in what has been described as the Phillies area in the right field bleachers.   

Overall, I don’t think I’d buy Party Suite tickets again.  I don’t think they’re worth the money.  If I was arranging a party at the stadium I think they’re a great idea (without knowing the cost).  In fact there was a Bar Mitzvah party two suites down from us.   But for just attending a ballgame, it was nice to try once but the team needs to sweeten the deal a little more or I’ll skip it next time.

Offline 114D

« Reply #7: June 18, 2012, 12:43:32 PM »
The Washington suites are sweet.  $250 is a ton of money for a ballgame but I'd take that with the food package over the President's club.

Why?  Where are the Washington suites?  President's club is right behind home plate and includes unlimited food and non-alcoholic drinks included (and it's good food).

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Re: SuiteSeats Tickets Review
« Reply #8: June 18, 2012, 01:03:48 PM »
Why?  Where are the Washington suites?  President's club is right behind home plate and includes unlimited food and non-alcoholic drinks included (and it's good food).

The Washington suites are directly behind the Presidents Club, below the Diamond Club.  Just as good seats as either of the clubs but the added benefits of being in a private suite.

(The Presidents Club does include alcoholic beverages.)

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #9: June 18, 2012, 01:18:22 PM »
The nachos in the Stars & Stripes club are decent.  No better than Hard Times, but better than the 7-11 grade orange goo with stale chips they sling out in the concourse. 

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
« Reply #10: June 18, 2012, 01:20:07 PM »
The nachos in the Stars & Stripes club are decent.  No better than Hard Times, but better than the 7-11 grade orange goo with stale chips they sling out in the concourse. 

I had the pulled pork nachos in the Red Porch last year and they were pretty good.

Online Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #11: June 18, 2012, 01:21:38 PM »
I'll bet.  I gather they smoke all of their pork shoulder for every game. 

I had the pulled pork nachos in the Red Porch last year and they were pretty good.

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #12: June 18, 2012, 02:04:54 PM »
Good review, RLO4. The suite tickets are no better than Stars and Stripes Club tickets, sounds like.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #13: June 18, 2012, 04:27:04 PM »
There's also a sandwich concession in the S&S that gives a choice of good quality sliced turkey or sliced roast beef, with appropriate condiments.  These are a cut above the standard concessions, but otherwise I do agree that the S&S concessions are uninspired.  They should have better beer selection too.

Online aspenbubba

« Reply #14: June 18, 2012, 04:38:30 PM »

For those interested, here is my “review” of the Party Suite tickets purchased through the “Suite Seats” program (and other comments about the day).

We purchased three tickets  through the team’s SuiteSeats web page for yesterday’s (Sunday) game against the Yankees.  The Party Suite tickets, I think were $125 each.

Traffic was not very bad at all.  There was the typical backup on the Roosevelt Bridge to get through the Stop sign onto Independence Avenue.  But traffic around the stadium on M Street was actually not that bad and I was able to  park our car with plenty of time to get something to eat and to get to our seats.

Since out tickets gained us  admission, we tried out the “Grill” within the  Stars and Stripes Club.  Very disappointing.  The food in the S&S Club is typical ballpark fair found elsewhere in the stadium (hot dogs, hamburgers, fries, etc.).  The only advantage is that it’s air-conditioned inside and that there are tables to sit down at.   The view through a glass wall to try and watch the game is extremely small and limited.  Maybe there is room for four people at each end to watch the game.  (There are TV monitors and the radio feed piped in.)

A big problem as I see when selling individual suite tickets to games is that there is no assigned seat number.  So, when we got to the box, there were no three seats in a row for my me and my children to all sit together.  Once considerate man (and his son) moved however so that we could all sit together.

But when we got up to go to the bathroom or to get a snack, someone was sitting in “our” seats so we had to sit somewhere else.  Luckily those people did not come back or, if they did, they also moved.

There has been a  lot of discussion here about what the percentage of Yankee fans were at the stadium.  In our box there were four or five Yankee fans and about twelve Nationals fans.  I’d say,  in my estimation, that about matches the crowd overall ... about 25 to 30 percent Yankee fans.  I also did not see any large “sea of blue” in the stands, especially in what has been described as the Phillies area in the right field bleachers.   

Overall, I don’t think I’d buy Party Suite tickets again.  I don’t think they’re worth the money.  If I was arranging a party at the stadium I think they’re a great idea (without knowing the cost).  In fact there was a Bar Mitzvah party two suites down from us.   But for just attending a ballgame, it was nice to try once but the team needs to sweeten the deal a little more or I’ll skip it next time.

I was in party suite 31on Sunday and the seats were terrible. Couldn't see over the rail. Not worth it and we were two suites away from the Bar Mitzvah party also. I was with my grandson who alternated his Nats and NY hats every half inning. His father is from NY and though I tried to discourage the marriage my daughter didn't listen. No Really!!!

I would have been better off buying from a scalper on Half Street.Live and Learn.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #15: July 11, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
From an E-mail I just received:

•   Lexus Presidents Club and PNC Diamond Club Redemptions

o   Red Carpet Rewards redemptions for the Lexus Presidents Club and PNC Diamond Club have reached capacity for all remaining 2012 Nationals home games

[bolding in original]

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #16: July 11, 2012, 12:41:11 PM »
From an E-mail I just received:

•   Lexus Presidents Club and PNC Diamond Club Redemptions

o   Red Carpet Rewards redemptions for the Lexus Presidents Club and PNC Diamond Club have reached capacity for all remaining 2012 Nationals home games

[bolding in original]

That stinks, I was going to cash in a bunch of my points on Diamond Club seating.   :(

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #17: July 11, 2012, 01:45:33 PM »
This is why I'm such a pain in the ass to my ticket partners about them cashing in their points early. I would not wait past June for redeeming RCR points.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #18: July 11, 2012, 03:04:49 PM »
I am not surprised given it was fairly limited after they finally got my card working.

Offline RL04

« Reply #19: July 11, 2012, 05:58:15 PM »
I was in party suite 31on Sunday and the seats were terrible. Couldn't see over the rail.

Yeah, agree.  The rail is a bit of a pain.   We were in the first row after we came back to the suite.   If I leaned forward, I could see. If I leaned back, I got this:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #20: July 11, 2012, 06:24:03 PM »
Yep, I'm not a big fan of the rails or sitting behind the plexiglass walls. They block the view and any fresh air that might come your way.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #21: July 12, 2012, 07:19:42 AM »
So you're that pain in the ass in my ticket group !

This is why I'm such a pain in the ass to my ticket partners about them cashing in their points early. I would not wait past June for redeeming RCR points.