Author Topic: Big Things from Armas  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Dave B

Big Things from Armas
« Topic Start: August 11, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »
Assuming his shoulder is alright I'm expecting big things from Armas tonight.  He has shown he has the talent, he just has to keep his head in it.  Just give us 5 good innings. Frank needs to be quick with the hook.  We only used Carrasco and Eischen last night.  They used a bunch of guys and Lidge worked a lot.  

We needed two in this series and have a chance to do it, as gut-wrenching as last night was.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Big Things from Armas
« Reply #1: August 11, 2005, 09:22:56 AM »
Dave,

Dreese is going to pitch tonight, Armas isn't scheduled until Saturday vs. the Rockies.  Just leave your message the same, substitute "Dreese" for each occurance of "Armas". :?

Offline Dave B

Big Things from Armas
« Reply #2: August 11, 2005, 09:45:20 AM »
That works. As you can tell nationals.com is not, the first place I go. And another thing or two:

If taveras and biggio hit more than one line drive to right field or preston wilson misses more than two outside breaking balls by a foot, I might spontaneously combust. although with pettite pitching, it seems as though I am off the hook for most of the game for that last one.

Offline esoteric

Big Things from Armas
« Reply #3: August 11, 2005, 01:10:59 PM »
I'm very, very, VERY worried about Drese pitching in Houston's Juice Box.  If his slider isn't sinking tonight - and it seems to be a 50/50 proposition - then that friggin' choo-choo train is gonna be rolling down its tracks in centerfield a lot tonight.