Author Topic: Introduction & Thanks  (Read 727 times)

Offline pk4yahweh

Introduction & Thanks
« Topic Start: September 29, 2012, 07:00:58 PM »
Hello Nats fans,

So I have been a lurker on this board since game #1 in April.  Although typically not a big baseball fan - I made the challenge this season to watch all 162 games for one team.  Since Im a big Redskins fan - I naturally picked the Nats.  What a great season it has been!  I have absorbed all of the talk and learned a TON about not only baseball in general - but this team as well.

As the first NL East Pennant in a long time is just about to be realized any day now (possibly tonight) - I thought I would stop in and say thanks to all of you here.  From the numerous informative discussions regarding almost every facet of the Nats imaginable - to the daily (and very creative) Game Day Threads... I have enjoyed learning from you all this season!

Without sounding completely cheesy (perhaps this is what they call "Pennant Fever"?) - just want to thank you all and formally cheer on the Nats to the WS.

Cheers. :w:

(I suspect there are many lurkers out there who have not much to say - but appreciate all of you who do share on this board). :clap:

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Re: Introduction & Thanks
« Reply #1: September 29, 2012, 07:51:45 PM »
Welcome aboard - this season has been downright magical.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #2: September 29, 2012, 08:45:51 PM »
Welcome  for the ride, pk.  It's been fun to have new members join the forum and I'm sure there are other lurkers who have enjoyed the back and forth here.  Many different commenting styles here, and  sort of like a good pitcher, people can pop between irreverent, nostalgic, insightful, traditional, sabermetric, and drunken at any moment.  There's a pretty good mix here too of old Washingtonians, transplants, out of area adopters, former Expo fans, and tons of different working backgrounds too.  Feel free to post a comment if you have something you want  to ad.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #3: September 29, 2012, 08:47:56 PM »
Welcome  for the ride, pk.  It's been fun to have new members join the forum and I'm sure there are other lurkers who have enjoyed the back and forth here.  Many different commenting styles here, and  sort of like a good pitcher, people can pop between irreverent, nostalgic, insightful, SPELLING POLICEMAN, traditional, sabermetric, and drunken at any moment.  There's a pretty good mix here too of old Washingtonians, transplants, out of area adopters, former Expo fans, and tons of different working backgrounds too.  Feel free to post a comment if you have something you want  to ad.

No SPAM allowed.   :rofl:

Offline Displaced Bucco

• Atlanta delenda est - Davey the Elder & WT Sherman
« Reply #4: September 29, 2012, 08:53:08 PM »
No SPAM allowed.   :rofl:

Unless we do another Monty Python game day thread

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #5: September 29, 2012, 09:29:20 PM »
shucks, here i was with all that gooey sentimental pile of stuff  I post occasionally, and I go spoil the mood with a typo.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #6: September 29, 2012, 10:15:21 PM »
But you only added to the moment

shucks, here i was with all that gooey sentimental pile of stuff  I post occasionally, and I go spoil the mood with a typo.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #7: September 29, 2012, 11:41:22 PM »
To clarify, the pennant is when you win the league. So to win the pennant, the Nats would have to win the NLCS and advance to the World Series. What we're closing in on is "just" a division title -- and how sweet that will be!

Welcome to the board. A 162 game commitment is a big one, wish I had had the ability to watch every game. Hope you post more.

Offline welch

• The Sweetest Right Handed Swing in 1950s Baseball
« Reply #8: September 30, 2012, 12:12:50 AM »
Welcome!!! Don't be bashful...nobody here knows as much baseball as Davey. Nothing you could say could be anymore foolish than we have already said, and probably more than once.

PK4yahweh: are you from the Washington area? Most of us are Redskin fans...One of us used to be able to name every Redskin starting QB after Sammy Baugh retired...

Offline pk4yahweh

« Reply #9: September 30, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »

PK4yahweh: are you from the Washington area? Most of us are Redskin fans...One of us used to be able to name every Redskin starting QB after Sammy Baugh retired...

No - I have never lived in the DC area... but have been a serious Skins fan since 1982.   Friends say I am a fanatic...  if this year keeps going I may add the baseball and the Nats to that resume!

(Oh - and thanks to Kevrock for the correction on Pennant... I didn't know that - thought the Pennants was the NL East title). 

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #10: September 30, 2012, 03:04:46 PM »