Author Topic: 1-9. Two disastrous losses in a row. Where do we go from here?  (Read 2975 times)

Offline sportsfan882

What should we do? Who gets the axe? Who should get demoted/released?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Joel and Joel need to switch or Joel H needs to sit or be sent to Syracuse all together -- Ledezma should go and bring Bergmann up,  the starting pitching has been very good the last three games, the pen outside of Joel H has been very good too -- the bats are there -- just need to button down the closer's role which should go to Biemel -- and I actually think they'll be ok

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Letting Beimel close destroys Joel's confidence and then he walks at the end of the year. Not a good move.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
first thing- Manny has gotta go. make Riggleman the interim manger.

Offline BerkeleyNat

I think we may have witnessed the end of the Manny Acta era today. You can't let this stuff continue without someone being held responsible. We look like a minor league team out there at times. It's time to go in a new direction and give this team a fresh start. Acta simply cannot take this team where it needs to go. Players also have to start being held responsible for their performances. Joel Hanrahan does not have what it takes to be a major league closer. I've been saying this since last season. I agree with what Dibs said during the broadcast. If you can't do the job, you find someone else who can do the job. These guys are major leaguers and I could care less if their feelings get hurt.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
Letting Beimel close destroys Joel's confidence and then he walks at the end of the year. Not a good move.

I'm sorry, I'm confused -- am I suppose to care? he throws meatballs right down the middle of the plate -- yesterday's blown save was one thing -- it was a 1 run game against the highest scoring team in the league -- this one was terrible on every level -- I have no confidence in him in this role at all ...

Offline BerkeleyNat

The guy is not a closer. Let him walk and see if he closes anywhere else.

Offline hammondsnats

you have to let go of the manager.  it's not all of his fault, and quite frankly i would love to have seen him coach with a better team, but the team is making simple mistakes and manny has made questionable decisions.  it's fundamentals, something manny said this team would be better at.  the ship has already sunk, now they have to bring in someone who has lifeboats to try and get this team in a new direction.

i don't like replacing acta w/ someone from in house, i think this team really needs a new voice, just my opinion though. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
Who cares if Hanrahan walks? Hes garbage.

Fire Manny, Demote Joel, Bring in a new manager, let him have everyone challenge for positions and not just given.

MrMadison

WTF WE LOST? how? we were winning 6-2!!!

Offline sportsfan882

Call up Bergmann you freaking idiots!

Wil Ledezma?!

Offline asindc

I agree with the others.  Beimel should be closing.  You don't want the rest of the team to get disheartened, especially when the offense is clicking and the starters are pitching well.  We all know there will be times when the starters will need to be bailed out by the offense and the pen, so we need someone who the team has confidence in to close the door.  We don't have that at the moment.

Offline PANatsFan

The guy is not a closer. Let him walk and see if he closes anywhere else.

I should use clearer syntax. Letting Beimel close does us no good as he is on a 1 year deal. Would be a patch job at best. Beimel is nails and could handle it.

Offline BerkeleyNat

WTF WE LOST? how? we were winning 6-2!!!

Hanahan gave a game tying two-run HR to Hermida in the ninth to tie the game. Ledezma gave up a three run shot to Hermida in the 11th.

Offline sportsfan882

I should use clearer syntax. Letting Beimel close does us no good as he is on a 1 year deal. Would be a patch job at best. Beimel is nails and could handle it.
just let him do it. Mock who they were "grooming as a closer" in Syracuse has been dreadful.

Clippard has been being used a reliever for the Chiefs all season and has been quite effective.

Offline BerkeleyNat

A patch job is better than letting Joel give up these 9th inning bombs. We may just have to look for a closer in the offseason.

MrMadison

and didn't the wise sage named eagleskins assure us that Joel Hanrahan was easily, easily the best pitcher in the entire bullpen? wtf happened?

Offline BerkeleyNat

Freaking Manny saying at the postgame presser that Joel is still our closer and he'll work it out.

Offline PANatsFan

As part of my clarification, we have team control of Hanrahan for like 4 more years :lol:

Offline BerkeleyNat

and didn't the wise sage named eagleskins assure us that Joel Hanrahan was easily, easily the best pitcher in the entire bullpen? wtf happened?

Yeah, well he was wrong. Dead wrong.

Offline sportsfan882

Freaking Manny saying at the postgame presser that Joel is still our closer and he'll work it out.
stunning. what a joke.

Offline BerkeleyNat

As part of my clarification, we have team control of Hanrahan for like 4 more years :lol:

Your repeated clarifications are not convincing anyone PA.  :)

MrMadison

Who cares if Hanrahan walks? Hes garbage.

he wasn't talking about Joel walking. he was talking about Beimel.

letting Beimel close destroys Hanrahan's confidence, and then Beimel walks at the end of the year and we have no closer.

that's what I read out of his post.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
freakING FIRE MANNY OWNERS GOD I HATE THIS FO

Offline PANatsFan

Your repeated clarifications are not convincing anyone PA.  :)

Not saying Joel is def. the answer - but naming a short-timer the closer is counterproductive at this time, no matter how much it would please the fans. Signing Joe Beimel to a 2 year extension today then naming him closer would be awesome.