Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14876 times)

Offline spit

On a serious note, I am genuinely concerned about what we saw from LaRoche and Werth today.  It's just one day, so you can pretty much shrug off statistics for now, but watching them, they both looked every bit as lost as they did last season.  The three-pronged specter of suck was fully present: 1. swinging at bad pitches that weren't even close to the strike zone, 2. failing to swing at a lot of good pitches, 3. failing to do anything with good pitches after making contact (i.e. fouling them off or weakly hitting them to a defender).

This was characteristic of all of their plate appearances aside from the two walks, wherein all they had to do was wait for Kerry Wood to toss ball 4.

I don't know what the hell needs to be done, but something in their approach better change quickly.

I could be reading too much into things, but I think pulling LaRoche for Tracy was kind of telling. I think it's Davey's way of saying he's had enough. I wouldn't be surprised if Adam is on a really short leash this year from DJ even if the FO wants to keep trotting him out there. We all know Davey's penchant for hairy-chested men who can swing the lumber. Adam is not one.