Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL WASHINGTON NATIONALS FANS: IT’S TIME TO TAKE BACK THE PARK!  (Read 56864 times)

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Current StubHub availability for the series:

Friday - 621 tickets available starting at $25.50
Saturday - 1,019 tickets available starting at $29
Sunday - 2,078 tickets available starting at $7

Well, at least the park won't be overrun by Phillies on National TV on Sunday night!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
Go away Fluffer, for good.

Offline comish4lif

• Too Stressed to care.

(Image removed from quote.)

I hope that he has hired extra security and placed them all over the stadium.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!

Run the promotions like a minor league team... probably hires security in the same capacity.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter

I heard that extra security has been hired but of don't know the details

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Wow. You really hang on to every word I write. Almost makes me I wish I cared more.

I'll explain it again because I feel a certain social obligation. The promotion has already worked because it has generated gads of publicity for the team and a sense of pride from the fan base. Period. Whatever happens with attendance is gravy.

As for attendance, since you are so obsessed with that, I am fairly certain that Philthy numbers will be down but we shall see because, you know, the games have not occurred yet.

Back on topic at least, although this is just a  repeat of your second position.

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness

What happens first - the Citizens Bank Park South sign goes up in the outfield of someone sharts in Nats fans face?

Offline loshjott

blah blah blah

The Vet was empty when the Phillies sucked for a generation. Their window is closing, all their fans will scurry back under their rocks soon enough.

This, exactly.

I was in college in Philly during the mid-80s, including 1986 when the Phillies were lousy and the Mets ran away with the Division. I went to a game at the Vet in early Sept against the Mets and the place was easily more than half Mets fans. And that was typical in those days.

What goes around comes around.  I can't wait for 2014-16 when Nats fans routinely fill up Nationals Park North to see the boys beat up on the hapless Phillies.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

I heard that extra security has been hired but of don't know the details

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile

(Image removed from quote.)

Are you bloody SERIOUS? Please tell me that's a photoshop.

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
Phillies attendance through the years (see far right hand column - http://mlb.mlb.com/phi/history/year_by_year_results.jsp) - note 7 consecutive seasons of less than 2m aggregate attendance from 1996-2002 inclusive, bottoming at 1.49m in 1997 when they finished 68-94. (The first CBP season was 2004.)

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
Are you bloody SERIOUS? Please tell me that's a photoshop.

It's for real. And it's on.

I just wish they had put some cajones on sale for some of the fans on this board.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
You mean 'beltway oysters'?

It's for real. And it's on.

I just wish they had put some cajones on sale for some of the fans on this board.

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause

Offline HerndonNat

• FSU Football
It's not that they buy tickets....it's the fact that they are so trashy when they come to someone elses house.  Unfortunately fans of Philadelphia sports teams wear that trashiness with a badge of honor rather then disgrace.  I went a couple of seasons ago when the Red Sox were in town and while they over ran the ballpark they were all nice as hell. 

Offline Baseball is Life

You mean 'beltway oysters'?

Ooh, that's a good one. I'm going to have use that one. :thumbs:

Offline Baseball is Life

Unfortunately fans of Philadelphia sports teams wear that trashiness with a badge of honor rather then disgrace. 

This is the part that intrigues me. What is it about their ecosystem that produces this warped mindset?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
Let's all keep our dicks on until we see the turn out.  I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a total crapshow, but at the same time I'd love to see Feffer get his nuts shoved into a microwave.  Win-win either way.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
This is the part that intrigues me. What is it about their ecosystem that produces this warped mindset?

The thing is they're not even baseball fans. They're fans of being "Philly" fans. They don't even care what goes on on the field. They only care about getting drunk and starting fights and proving to the world what total retards they are. And what's stunning, is they don't even get how impossibly stupid and hypocritical they are.

Blows the mind

It's the true "mob mentality" on display

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
Let's all keep our dicks on until we see the turn out.  I really hope this doesn't turn out to be a total crapshow, but at the same time I'd love to see Feffer get his nuts shoved into a microwave.  Win-win either way.

I don't really get the hate for Feffer, but Saturday will be a crapshow. Caps + metro work + fans tired of Philly fans + planned invasion = ?

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
At this point, i don't even give a crap how many retards are in the stands from Philly. If there's 10 or 10,000 they're going to be obnoxious jerks. freak em

Just win

At this point, all I care about is the Curly Dub

Offline Baseball is Life

You must have me blocked again. I've already declared victory. Attendance is not the real issue.

Increased publicity? Check. 
Enhanced sense of pride in the fanbase? Check.

That's a win-win with 2 curly w's.