Author Topic: Monday playoff watching meet up at ccsp  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Re: Monday playoff watching meet up?
« Reply #25: October 06, 2012, 11:48:58 PM »
Screw you guys.... I'm having a big watch party. Like 7 Cardinals fans and me. And a Royals fan who hates the Cardinals.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #26: October 07, 2012, 09:36:39 AM »
Confirmation from MASN site: http://www.masnsports.com/nationals_buzz/2012/10/head-to-fairgrounds-for-nationals-playoff-viewing-party-sunday-at-3-pm.html

Maybe you can't watch the first playoff game in Nationals history from your favorite spot in Nationals Park. But you can still watch the historic game Sunday afternoon, and not be far away from the home team's home park.

Join MASN on Sunday for its official viewing party, which will be held at Fairgrounds, right across from Nationals Park's center field gates. The fun begins at 3 p.m., just a few minutes before first pitch, at 25 M St., SE (at Half Street)

Fairgrounds will be the perfect environment to mirror a traditional Nationals gameday experience. You'll be surrounded by lots of Natitude and curly Ws, have a change to take home some autographed Nats gear and can pick up a free, limited edition Nationals koozie (while supplies last). Oh, and there will be TVs to watch the game.

Just look for the MASN tent, where you'll also get the opportunity to have your photo taken so you can remember for posterity the first time the Nationals appeared in a postseason game in ... wait ... well, we don't know for sure until after tonight's wild card game, but it'll either be in St. Louis or Atlanta.

So consider yourself invited - and make sure to arrive early to stake out your preferred spot. You can view the invitation here, click to RSVP and let all your friends know to join you at the MASN Nationals viewing party.

---

[me again]

This was posted on their site yesterday, hence the 'St Louis or Atlanta' reference.

...but why is Angelos being so generous all of a sudden? Did something just happen in the negotiations? A bit of an early pretence at good sportsmanship since he believes the Orioles will go through and the Nats won't?
  THIS IS NOW MOVED TO MONDAY DUE FO WEATHER

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #27: October 07, 2012, 10:15:37 AM »
Screw you guys.... I'm having a big watch party. Like 7 Cardinals fans and me. And a Royals fan who hates the Cardinals.

You can do that.   You have experience !

:gunz:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
« Reply #28: October 07, 2012, 10:19:32 AM »
This is true, plus 6 or 7 Redskins-Cowboys games down in Dallas.

I'm an expert at working behind enemy lines.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #29: October 07, 2012, 12:38:41 PM »
Cal - where did you see that the MASN event was moved to Monday.  I do not see that on their site.  we can shift Monday at CCSP to the MASN event if people prefer, but if the MASN thing is Sunday, you've just confused quite a bit.  Can you give a link?

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #30: October 07, 2012, 12:44:15 PM »
Cal - where did you see that the MASN event was moved to Monday.  I do not see that on their site.  we can shift Monday at CCSP to the MASN event if people prefer, but if the MASN thing is Sunday, you've just confused quite a bit.  Can you give a link?

https://www.facebook.com/events/434475653255596/

Their facebook page now says Monday @ 4:30.

Fans, due to weather related issues, the MASN viewing party has been moved to Monday at 4:30 p.m. We hope that everyone can still attend.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31: October 07, 2012, 12:47:58 PM »
Thanks, LO.  I'm still not a facebook person because it does not work with my rotary phone (only part of that is true).  I'll leave the poll open until tomorrow morning and make a call.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #32: October 07, 2012, 12:49:33 PM »
Thanks, LO.  I'm still not a facebook person because it does not work with my rotary phone ...

I thought I was the only one.   :P

Offline OldChelsea

• Nats Supporter in Exile
« Reply #33: October 07, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
I thought I was the only one.   :P

Not on Facebook (or Twitter) either myself - there are more of us than sometimes seems evident.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34: October 07, 2012, 01:27:26 PM »
Had an exchange with Cal.  She noted that the Fairgrounds that the weather is still supposed to be cold tomorrow, and the fairgrounds does not have much seating capacity.

I'm inclined to keep things as originally proposed. CCSP.  Like I said in the OP, it is not that tough to get to. If you are not coming from Capital Hill or the Branch Ave side of the Green Line, it is probably easier than the ballpark.  Also parking may be easier. 

Both the Park and Crystal are 3 stops from L'Enfant, while the Orange line folks can switch at Rosslyn and skip the city.  At CC metro, go to the street, head under Rte 1 towards the Sheraton, take a left, and less than a half mile walk down Eads.  Take a right, halfway up the block. 

As for car people, GW Parkway, 66, 395 opposite the traffic all work well, and Route 1 from the south is pretty direct.  Key landmarks if you are on Rt 1 would be the Exxon station at the corner of 23d.  Turn South (right if you are coming from the Pentagon, left if you are coming from Alexandria), drive past CC Restaurant and the 7 -11, cross Eads, and the Pub is halfway up the next block. 

Offline CALSGR8

Re: Monday playoff watching meet up at ccsp
« Reply #35: October 07, 2012, 02:23:07 PM »
Possible rain and in the 50s

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=4

Of course wait 5 minutes and it will change!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #36: October 07, 2012, 04:02:06 PM »
CCSP tomorrow or GTFO.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #37: October 08, 2012, 09:40:29 AM »
Agreed, stick with the CCSP plan!

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #38: October 08, 2012, 09:44:38 AM »
Who all is coming today?  Assuming I don't die riding the wheels of steel, I'll be there around 4pm.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #39: October 08, 2012, 10:33:29 AM »
Who all is coming today?  Assuming I don't die riding the wheels of steel, I'll be there around 4pm.

50-50 chance I make it.  Will let you know soon.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40: October 08, 2012, 01:44:35 PM »
I'll probably have the long sleeve Mr :w: alkoff jersey on with a red home :w: hat on.  Kind of generic.  6' 2" thin guy.  If you can't spot me, ask one of the servers for a guy who is a Red Sox fan front running with a Nats hat.

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #41: October 08, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »
Not looking good for me to make it today.....

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #42: October 08, 2012, 02:18:13 PM »
Maybe but taking Metro if I do.

Covering the Bases with a huge Curly W in the middle.  Playoff hat!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #43: October 08, 2012, 02:52:18 PM »
Are "yunz" gonna be wired up?   Wifi, etc.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44: October 08, 2012, 02:53:38 PM »
pub has wifi, but I don't post from there because I don't want to be the geek with a laptop at a bar.

Offline CALSGR8

« Reply #45: October 08, 2012, 03:52:07 PM »
I was on my way when a tire idiot light came on in the car.  Being that it would take me an hour or more on metro,  i cant come!  :(

Offline Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
« Reply #46: October 08, 2012, 03:53:52 PM »
Why can't you guys meet at CCSP when I'm actually in Crystal City? Like when I'm at work

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47: October 08, 2012, 03:54:18 PM »
sorry Cal.  Well, me and MDS will be there.  Timing I guess was not great.  Enjoy the game.

Offline capsmp

« Reply #48: October 08, 2012, 03:58:04 PM »
Have they done anything like this before?
I've been to a couple Caps things like this and they are usually a pretty good time. Those are always at places like Hard Times, Glory Days, etc.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49: October 08, 2012, 04:02:03 PM »
Have they done anything like this before?
I've been to a couple Caps things like this and they are usually a pretty good time. Those are always at places like Hard Times, Glory Days, etc.

This is just a WNFF thing, not nats or CCSP sponsored.  Occasionally we do meet ups for members, and usually before every game there are a few who meet in the Red Loft / Porch.