Author Topic: Nationals Park Questions? (2011-2014)  (Read 171563 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Nationals Park Questions?
« Reply #150: January 12, 2012, 08:40:34 PM »
Wow! Tough crowd...

No that wont be necessary, but the next time I see Mr. Lerner I'll be sure to tell him about the site (if he doesnt know about it already!)

Tell him to sign Prince and Cespedes and I will buy playoff tickets. I think it should be an easy sell.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #151: January 13, 2012, 09:24:25 PM »
Not really a CS issue but I would love to see the team head to Charlottesville to take on UVA in a game before heading to ST

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #152: January 17, 2012, 01:24:26 AM »
JD Land Tweeted that it was announced at a local neighborhood meeting that fireworks are returning to the park this year, but that when they called the team to confirm this the person they spoke with was unsure.  Any status change in the works for the return of either Friday fireworks or home run fireworks?

My personal request would be to return the fireworks during the National Anthem, it's a cool effect when in the ballpark, and it's a nice alert to get your ass moving if you are still heading in.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #153: January 17, 2012, 08:01:25 AM »
JD Land Tweeted that it was announced at a local neighborhood meeting that fireworks are returning to the park this year, but that when they called the team to confirm this the person they spoke with was unsure.  Any status change in the works for the return of either Friday fireworks or home run fireworks?

My personal request would be to return the fireworks during the National Anthem, it's a cool effect when in the ballpark, and it's a nice alert to get your ass moving if you are still heading in.

and for HRs/victories.  i hate the sub horn.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #154: January 17, 2012, 08:28:33 AM »
and for HRs/victories.  i hate the sub horn.

Ahhhoooouuuuggggggaaaaaahhhhhhhh ahhhoooouuuuggggggaaaaaahhhhhhhh, ahhhoooouuuuggggggaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Love the sub horn.

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #155: January 17, 2012, 08:35:34 AM »

I havent heard any official update about the fireworks yet, although I would expect a decision soon. As soon as I hear anything I'll post it right away.

Personally, I would like to have Fireworks during the National Anthem, Home Runs and Victories here at the ballpark instead of the Submarine Horn, We'll see...

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #156: January 17, 2012, 08:38:08 AM »
I havent heard any official update about the fireworks yet, although I would expect a decision soon. As soon as I hear anything I'll post it right away.

Personally, I would like to have Fireworks during the National Anthem, Home Runs and Victories here at the ballpark instead of the Submarine Horn, We'll see...

At the very least for wins so Charlie can say "Bang Zoom go the fireworks!  Another Curly W is in the books!"

Offline Galah

• 2016 - the year that everything changed, again.
« Reply #157: January 17, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »

Keep the Subhorn!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #158: January 17, 2012, 11:28:42 AM »

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #159: January 17, 2012, 12:17:42 PM »
Keep the Subhorn!

Why does it have to be one or the other?  Fireworks + subhorn is the way to go!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #160: January 17, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
Keep the Subhorn!

Love me some aaaaaaooooooooooogggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaa for home runs~

Offline imref

« Reply #161: January 17, 2012, 09:33:50 PM »

i can live with that deal.

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #162: January 18, 2012, 07:21:25 AM »
These are mutually exclusive events

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #163: January 18, 2012, 08:16:59 AM »
I think you can blow the subhorn once or twice while you shoot the fireworks up, and time it right so the subhorn stops when the fireworks explode.   

Offline GburgNatsFan

• Let's drink a few for Mathguy.
« Reply #164: January 18, 2012, 11:38:31 AM »
Love the subhorn. And Bustin' Loose. A quick blast of fireworks, followed by the subhorn, followed by Bustin' Loose.

And sign prince Fielder to make all this happen more often. ;)

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #165: January 18, 2012, 01:22:38 PM »
These are mutually exclusive events

Who says so (besides you), or are you just making a stats joke?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #166: January 18, 2012, 05:58:42 PM »
A quick blast of fireworks, followed by the subhorn, followed by Bustin' Loose.

Why stop there, how about free beer too?

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #167: January 18, 2012, 09:07:02 PM »
Why have 2 energy-creating activities together when having them separatly creates more energy

Who says so (besides you), or are you just making a stats joke?

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #168: January 19, 2012, 07:05:08 AM »
Why have 2 energy-creating activities together when having them separatly creates more energy

What?????

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #169: January 19, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
What?????

Well of course, you don't want to fall into the dreaded "negative synergy" trap, do you?

:roll:

Offline imref

« Reply #170: January 19, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »
is there any word on if they'll do anything to improve the kids area next to the CF gate?  It seems like a lot of wasted space.  Harrisburg has more activities for the families than Nats Park has.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #171: January 19, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
is there any word on if they'll do anything to improve the kids area next to the CF gate?  It seems like a lot of wasted space.  Harrisburg has more activities for the families than Nats Park has.

One time when I was there with the kids a baseball game started up.  It was pretty fun to watch for a while!

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #172: January 19, 2012, 11:52:02 AM »

Big screen TVs!

Offline NATSCSMGR

• Greetings From Nationals Park!
« Reply #173: January 19, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »

Thanks for your question! There are many new improvements that are currently underway at the ballpark and we are currently looking at several different options regarding that space. Nothing I can talk about at this time, (Sorry) but hopefully I'll be able to share some new and exciting news in the next few weeks!

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #174: January 19, 2012, 12:45:14 PM »
NATSCSMGR they can't possibly pay you enough to make you come here and read our bickering thoughts!

Thanks for the answers you've provided!