Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Braves, Game 3 (Curly W)  (Read 8414 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net

Ramon Ortiz, RHP (4-4, 5.05)
Ortiz will face the Braves for the second time this season. The last time he faced them was May 12, when he gave up six runs in 6 1/3 innings. Ortiz has won his last four decisions. In his last outing, Ortiz had another quality start, pitching 6 2/3 innings and giving up four runs (two earned) against the Brewers. He struck out a season-high seven batters and walked just one.

VS.

John Smoltz, RHP (4-3, 3.72)
Smoltz pitched well in his last inning, but took the loss after giving up four runs in seven innings. Though it was only the fourth time this season he has allowed four or more runs in a start, the right-hander said he was encouraged with the overall location of his pitches. Smoltz has pitched against Washington twice already this season and is 1-1 with five runs allowed in 14 innings.

Offline PC

That was a terrible at-bat for Zimmerman.  It was 3-0 and Ryan proceeded to swing at the next three pitches and apparently didn't make contact with any of them.

Offline PC

An 8-pitch inning for Ortiz.

Offline PC

Ahhhhhh!  Three RISP and none of them brought home!!!

Offline UMDNats

ah, man, i turn on ESPN and they were doing bonus coverage of the nats game. too bad it was the braves batting.

Offline PC

Finally!  On a 3-0 count, we force the pitcher to strike us out.  I didn't work out for us because he actually did throw 3 consecutvie strikes but it's better than grounding out at 3-1!

Offline PC

And Smoltz is all over the place tonight.

gozimm

Kinda off topic but i just found out that my family is getting directTV on June 13!!!!!

I get to finially watch Nats games!!!!!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

I've never seen ESPN's Bonus MLB Coverage before.  It looks like a commercial for MLB subscriptions, which are useless if the games are all being blacked out because you support your home team.  Are they switching the game every 5 minutes or so?  Does this mean I can actually SEE 5 minutes of this game??  Or are they broadcasting pirated clips from a UFO illegally?

Offline carlfish

Looks like another tight one.

Offline The Chief

Quote from: "carlfish"
Looks like another tight one.

I don't know any hard stats offhand, but I would be willing to bet that we are oh-fer in games where neither side has scored by the 5th inning.

Offline carlfish

Could be Chief, could be.

Offline PC

Somebody between 2 and 6 has to get some hits!  :twisted:

Offline carlfish

Ortiz strikes out the side.  He has been pitching allot better here of late.

Offline nats2playoffs

The Nationals radio broadcasts possibly the worst soloist singers on the face of the earth, singing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" as a commercial for...the Washingtion Nationals.  I would almost PAY to hear a Red Roof Inn commercial instead...or William Hung.

Offline The Chief

Neither of those first two pitches to Vidro looked like strikes to me.

Offline carlfish

I'll bet you've never actually heard William Hung sing the National Anthem.  I'll bet you'd change your wish.

Offline PC

Please! DRIVE NICK HOME!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

Nick at Night doubles.
Smoltz is moulting and will collapse soon.

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
RBI doube 1-0 Nats

Offline The Chief

NICK AND ZIM!!!

Offline PC

A run!!!

Offline nats2playoffs

ZIMM!!!!!!  The BATS JINX WORKS AGAIN!!!!
Nationals 1
Braves 0

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
Homerun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PC

An Anderson Homrun!!!

Get the fleak out of here!  :lol: