Author Topic: Gameday Thread: Nationals @ Brewers, Game 1 (Curly W)  (Read 11097 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Quote from: "PC"
Was that a three pitch inning for Rauch?

I wasn't really paying attention but I think it was only the last guy that he got out on one pitch.

Offline Vladman1327

Was that a three pitch inning for Rauch?

Not quite.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Too bad we can't get Kolb into every game this series!

Why not?  Sky's the limit!  Kolb has a magical power over his manager, all he has to do is exert this "force" and the manager will put him in the game, no matter how bad he is at the time.  So we should expect to see him again, soon!

Have their other guys been much better?

Offline The Chief

We're facing their best pitcher of this series tomorrow, a lefty, 3-4 with a 5-something ERA.  He's up against our lefty, young Mike O'Connor.

Offline nats2playoffs

Wookie gets them all out in another inning.

Offline UMDNats

Mike O'C, what a beast.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Why would Mike Stanton get up?  He's our top lefty, save him.  Let Bray get his feet wet.

Offline Vladman1327

Quote from: "tomterp"
Why would Mike Stanton get up?  He's our top lefty, save him.  Let Bray get his feet wet.

That's embarassing...Stanton being a top anything...

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "Vladman1327"

Yeah, kind of says something about our pen, doesn't it?  Well his last outing he struck out the side, including the Phillies top hitters, so this week I am liking him.

Offline PC

After Stanton took down Utley, Abrieu and Howard, back to back to back, he's gained my respect!

Offline The Chief

As someone else mentioned, Stanton's actually pretty decent when he pitches the whole inning.  It's when he's put in with inherited runners that he usually gets into trouble.

Offline PC

Why isn't Bray in the game?  This makes no sense.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
I just think Frank's over using him.  C'mon, we've got a huge lead, play one of the kids!

Offline metssuck

• Werth on a roll!!!!
OMG, it should be against the law for Stanton to be abusing these lefties like he does.

Offline esoteric

I started a huge clusterf**k on the MLB Nationals board the other day when I jokingly described Stanton's performance against the Phillies as "Christlike."  And here I was, thinking I was making playful banter...

Stanton looks great again so far, 1K and one pop-up.  2 outs.

Offline Vladman1327

Quote from: "The Chief"

As someone else mentioned, Stanton's actually pretty decent when he pitches the whole inning.  It's when he's put in with inherited runners that he usually gets into trouble.

Well, see, if you are a relief pitcher, let alone a top relief pitcher, you have to be able to get inherited runners out...you can't expect to always come in with the bases empty.

Offline The Chief

Well, see, if you are a relief pitcher, let alone a top relief pitcher, you have to be able to get inherited runners out...you can't expect to always come in with the bases empty.

Sure sure but as a team, you've got to play with what you've got.  I'm just saying that Stanton can be great out of the bullpen when you play him properly.

Offline nats2playoffs

Radio guys said it's Stanton's 39th birthday.  And he's good against lefties.

Offline PC

I'd much rather have Stanton fresh than having to depend on the rookie in a close game.

Offline Vladman1327

Quote from: "The Chief"

Sure sure but as a team, you've got to play with what you've got.  I'm just saying that Stanton can be great out of the bullpen when you play him properly.

Fair enough, but also remember who our manager is.  It's not often that he plays any pitcher right...:(

Edit:  Yay, Saul Rivera! =/

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Quote from: "esoteric"
I started a huge clusterf**k on the MLB Nationals board the other day when I jokingly described Stanton's performance against the Phillies as "Christlike."  And here I was, thinking I was making playful banter...

Stanton looks great again so far, 1K and one pop-up.  2 outs.

Yes, you did.

Some folks take things a bit too seriously, don't they?

Offline PC

Pitching in the 9th inning was completely botched.  Robinson-like botched!!!

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
C'mon, somebody's got to have a "Bang - Zoom" ready to go, don't they?

Offline PC

Where's the Bang and the Zoom?

Offline Vladman1327

Chief...you got some 'splaining to do...

Edit:  Did any realize the draft is this Tuesday and Wednesday?  I did not realize it was so soon.  I thought it was later in June.