Author Topic: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!  (Read 417272 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Welcome New Members, Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #1775: December 23, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
Left field, a few rows back from the field in section 106. Decent seats, hopefully once the economy picks up I can move closer to the infield...

Welcome  ...   

Offline bobbyc

« Reply #1776: January 01, 2012, 10:38:41 AM »
Hi All!  I am bobbyc and go back to being a Senators fan all the way back in time  to Griffith Stadium.  I have stayed loyal after all of these years, and am even looking to join a group of season tix holders.  I am looking for a package of 10 games or less.  Let me know what is available.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #1777: January 02, 2012, 02:44:43 AM »
Welcome! Go look up posts from welch, he's got great stories about the Senators!

Offline Jedgi

« Reply #1778: January 02, 2012, 11:19:03 AM »
Hello there. I've been reading along for a while, but didn't get an account until recently. I do like baseball and would consider myself a hardcore Nats fan, but my favorite sport has always been Hockey.

I'm a fairly young fan (18), but I've been following the Nats closely since they came to town.

Something I've read a lot, which I don't understand is LAC and LANC. What do they mean?

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1779: January 02, 2012, 11:22:12 AM »
Hi All!  I am bobbyc and go back to being a Senators fan all the way back in time  to Griffith Stadium.  I have stayed loyal after all of these years, and am even looking to join a group of season tix holders.  I am looking for a package of 10 games or less.  Let me know what is available.

Are you looking for field level, club, or upper deck?  $60, $30, or $20 a game?

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1780: January 02, 2012, 11:22:43 AM »
Something I've read a lot, which I don't understand is LAC and LANC. What do they mean?

Welcome.    Sometime it's better not to know such things.   :)

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1781: January 02, 2012, 11:26:15 AM »
Hello there. I've been reading a long for a while, but didn't get an account until recently. I do like baseball and would consider myself a hardcore Nats fan, but my favorite sport has always been Hockey.

I'm a fairly young fan (18), but I've been following the Nats closely since they came to town.

LAC refers to the understanding that the Nats are being run as a for profit business with winning defined based on the year end balance sheet rather than division standings.  LANC refers to the delusional belief in unicorns, universal goodwill, and the concept that it is better to lose the right way rather than buy a championship.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #1782: January 02, 2012, 11:32:51 AM »
LAC refers to the understanding that the Nats are being run as a for profit business with winning defined based on the year end balance sheet rather than division standings.  LANC refers to the delusional belief in unicorns, universal goodwill, and the concept that it is better to lose the right way rather than buy a championship.

That'll clear it up for the yung'un.    :)

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1783: January 02, 2012, 11:52:36 AM »
LAC refers to the understanding that the Nats are being run as a for profit business with winning defined based on the annual Statement of Operations year end balance sheet rather than division standings.  LANC refers to the delusional belief in unicorns, universal goodwill, and the concept that it is better to lose the right way rather than buy a championship.

Fixed.  Sort of.

Offline saz

« Reply #1784: January 02, 2012, 12:17:24 PM »
I've been lurking on this forum for a few months and decided to finally join. This past season was the first season I've followed the team and sport this much. I'm ready for spring training to start.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1785: January 02, 2012, 12:20:00 PM »
Welcome to all the new posters!

:cheers:

Don't miss the mandatory off-season conditioning meetings upcoming soon at a Dogfish Head near you.  We make initiation into the cult of WNFF as painless as possible, just pick up the tab for the group and you're in!

:mg:

Offline Jedgi

« Reply #1786: January 02, 2012, 04:33:01 PM »
Welcome to all the new posters!

:cheers:

Don't miss the mandatory off-season conditioning meetings upcoming soon at a Dogfish Head near you.  We make initiation into the cult of WNFF as painless as possible, just pick up the tab for the group and you're in!

:mg:

Just wait 3 years.

Also, one big thing I've noticed about Nationals fans that post... They are so much more positive than Redskins, Capitals and Wizards fans (ESPECIALLY Redskins).

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #1787: January 02, 2012, 04:36:33 PM »
Just wait 3 years.

:old:

Back in my day we didn't let a little thing like being underage get in the way of a good time! 

(not to mention the drinking age was 18, which was helpful as well)

Offline Gleason2

« Reply #1788: January 02, 2012, 04:50:07 PM »
Hello there. I've been reading along for a while, but didn't get an account until recently. I do like baseball and would consider myself a hardcore Nats fan, but my favorite sport has always been Hockey.

For Pete's sake, why can't anyone give this young man a straight answer?

LAC = Lerners are cheap
LANC = Lerners are not cheap

Offline mimontero88

• The GOAT
« Reply #1789: January 02, 2012, 10:47:22 PM »
For Pete's sake, why can't anyone give this young man a straight answer?

LAC = Lerners are cheap
LANC = Lerners are not cheap
Correct answer is in bold.

And let the 15 page-long debate proceed (no, but seriously let's not do that again)

Offline That Kid

• I doubt this is what people mean by going green...
« Reply #1790: January 05, 2012, 06:20:30 PM »
Hello!

As for my intro, I'm a Brewers fan, but since I live in Maryland, I'm used to hearing a lot about the Nats( and they're my second favorite NL team). Although I'm not as knowledgeable about the Nats than I am about the Brewers, I know enough to have some decent conversations about them.

I like the community in this forum and I'm a big fan of the LEGO minifig thread you have here.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #1791: January 05, 2012, 06:26:45 PM »
Welcome!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #1792: January 05, 2012, 07:27:06 PM »
Welcome one and all.  How positive this site is depends on if you're part of the SunShine club or the Legion of Doom!  Lol!

Offline Mathguy

• Floyd - Truely Man's best Friend
    • Outer Banks Beach House
« Reply #1793: January 06, 2012, 12:43:44 PM »
OK - which one are you in ?

Welcome one and all.  How positive this site is depends on if you're part of the SunShine club or the Legion of Doom!  Lol!

Offline NookLoganMafia

« Reply #1794: January 08, 2012, 01:17:01 PM »
Hey all.  Glad to be here.  Long time lurker, wanted to join because I was scared of the creepy old guys on the BallparkGuys board.

Grew up with the O's because they were the only game in town.  Had a Sunday plan at Camden.  Had my heart broken by the Astros and Giants and all the false starts.  Living in Baltimore for school when the Nats arrival was announced and instantly began rocking the curly W around Baltimore (in fact interviewed on Sportscenter for the coverage of the first O's-Nats game at Camden and briefly laid into Angelos on the part they showed).  Called a traitor by many of my friends but anxious to collect from all of them - if they called me a traitor, I made a $20 bet that the Nats would make the playoffs before the O's.  I have my list of people who I expect to be contacting in the next 12-24 months.  Moved back to DC area, have had shares of various season ticket packages ever since the Nats arrived. 

As posted in another thread, looking to join a group with mezzanine seats. 

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #1795: January 08, 2012, 02:08:23 PM »
wanted to join because I was scared of the creepy old guys on the BallparkGuys board.

Is that site still running? It's a great soft p*rn site but not much of a baseball site.

Welcome. You will love this site. It's well-moderated and very active.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #1796: January 08, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
Welcome, Nook :thumbs:

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #1797: January 08, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »
Is that site still running? It's a great soft p*rn site but not much of a baseball site.

lol ballparkguys

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
« Reply #1798: January 08, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »
Hey all.  Glad to be here.  Long time lurker, wanted to join because I was scared of the creepy old guys on the BallparkGuys board.

AWESOME user name!  Have you considered doing a partial plan in the 300s?  That's what we have right now and it's a good deal given how many games we go to.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #1799: January 08, 2012, 03:26:36 PM »

They remember you fondly, in a discussion of WNFF your name came up, pretty funny stuff.