Author Topic: 2009 NFL Playoff Pick 'Em (Wild Card Weekend)  (Read 1992 times)

Offline PatsNats28

Re: 2009 NFL Playoff Pick 'Em (Wild Card Weekend)
« Reply #25: January 04, 2010, 06:15:37 PM »
I think you're referring to me. Reed has been hurt for alot of the season. I honestly think he's a liability at this point. Tom Zbikowski was solid in relief of Reed for the three games that Reed missed. Reed started yesterday against Oakland and didn't look good at all. I would rather have Zibby back there than an injured and ineffective Reed.

I think the Patriots will be able to pass on the Ravens, but Flacco should have a big day also. He threw for more yards and TD's than Brady in their first matchup this season. The problem is that he threw 47 passes. They need to cut back on that and pound NE with the Run, which can be done. Ray Rice had 104 yards rushing against the Pats in that first meeting, while the Pats only had 85 total yards rushing as a team.

If Mark Clayton didn't drop that perfectly thrown pass at the 2 with just under a minute left..the Ravens would have a first and goal at the end of the game with about 40 some seconds left. That doesn't really matter though..cause a loss is a loss. This one will go down to the wire like the last one and should be a good game. I worried that Moss will hurt the Ravens. He didn't exactly have a great game the last they played. He had something like 50 yards and a TD. I'll take that anyday when you're playing against Moss.

It should be fun. Also..what's the weather supposed to be like up there? I'm hearing that it might snow.

Yeah I had heard he was hurt. Makes sense.

Our run game has improved significantly as the season has gone on, we're going to need a good performance from those guys if we're gonna win. Maroney has been running hard and gets to the second level, and has shed the "bust" label, but he's been fumbling a lot (4 times this year, 2 inside the 5 yard line) which has been bad. Sammy Morris runs hard but doesn't have much lateral speed, just power. Fred Taylor just came back from his leg injury in the Jags game, has been up and down (fumbled in the end zone and Texans recovered for a TD which was bad), but he has experience. And BJGE will be relied on as a blocker. We'll need at least 100 yards rushing.

In terms of passing, I don't think the loss of Welker will hurt us a ton. We have some targets still, like Randy Moss obviously, but Julian Edelman, Ben Watson, and Chris Baker. We won't go in the gun as much, so obviously we'll run more but yeah. It will be a lot like pre-2007, just with Randy Moss :D

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #26: January 09, 2010, 11:53:21 AM »
Jets
Cowboys
Patriots
Packers

Offline PC

« Reply #27: January 09, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »
Bengals
Eagles
Ravens
Packers

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #28: January 09, 2010, 05:39:13 PM »
Bengals over Jets (score now 7-7, but I just tuned in)
Cowboys over Eagles
Patriots over Ravens
Cardinals over Packers

:woop: :dibbs: :crackup:

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #29: January 09, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
^does that one count?

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #30: January 10, 2010, 10:17:10 PM »
Bengals
Cowboys
Patriots
Packers

Ooops, I got one right. :(

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #31: January 10, 2010, 10:19:26 PM »
Although nobody correctly predicted the outcomes of all four games, we did have two lucky winners who managed to guess incorrectly all four times! Congratulations to these ultimate losers:  :D

Bengals
Eagles
Patriots
Packers

bengals
patriots
packers
eagles

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #32: January 10, 2010, 10:35:12 PM »
Bengals over Jets
Cowboys over Eagles
Patriots over Ravens
Packers over Cardinals

1 of 4 - YES!

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #33: January 10, 2010, 10:40:06 PM »
1 of 4 - YES!

I'm as smart as a quarter, you are dumber :lmao:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net