Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4  (Read 82446 times)

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4
« Reply #175: October 05, 2009, 12:45:59 AM »
I am thrilled that we have a few decent offensive players too. You are the one who keeps saying that RZ had a worse year than '06 and Dunn had a career year.

Keeps?  That discussion was two weeks ago, and Zimmerman has done enough since to warrant the "career season" label, but I still don't like his streakiness and question the real value of last-place September stats.  If he can put up these numbers in September when we are contending, there's no doubt he'll be widely considered elite, but for now it's just garbage time speculation.

Dunn and Willingham had solid, respectable, seasons that you could have expected out of both of them.

I honestly don't know that much about Willingham so I can't comment there, but you are one of the only people if not THE only person on this entire forum who refuses to acknowledge that Dunn had a career year.  And you base your entire arugment around the fact that his BA tailed off in the final month of a 100+ loss season for the worst team in baseball.  Come on man.