Author Topic: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4  (Read 82055 times)

Offline sportsfan882

Re: Nationals @ Braves, Game 4
« Reply #175: October 05, 2009, 12:41:50 AM »
Yes.

I suppose you think it's just coincidence that he has, as you describe it, an "elite" year with Dunn batting behind him.

Dunn had ONE fewer RBI with a 5-man black hole batting behind him for most of the season.

Also, you forgot OBP, SLG, OPS, and RC (runs created, which is a bit abstract, but I'm just throwing it out there because I know if the stat favored Zimmerman, you would mention it).

As always, you attempt to mold the discussion to suit your own ends.

We could go 'round and 'round all night but I have better things waiting for me, and I already know this discussion is academic.  You think there's some kind of imaginary competition going on and don't realize that most of us are thrilled to have BOTH Zimmerman AND Dunn batting in the lineup.
better things waiting for you? like your bed? :lmao:

I am thrilled that we have a few decent offensive players too. You are the one who keeps saying that RZ had a worse year than '06 and Dunn had a career year.

Dunn and Willingham had solid, respectable, seasons that you could have expected out of both of them.

RZ had a career year. A breakout season. He is recognized around baseball as our face of the franchise and arguably the best third baseman in baseball.