Author Topic: **Official College Basketball Thread**  (Read 1236 times)

Offline ZIM4MVP

**Official College Basketball Thread**
« Topic Start: March 08, 2007, 02:09:59 PM »
Anyone watching any of the ACC Tournament today?

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
Re: **Official College Basketball Thread**
« Reply #1: March 10, 2007, 09:23:49 AM »
Well, since this IS the official college basketball thread, I just have to say that my boys the VERMONT CATAMOUNTS play the ALBANY GREAT DANES in the conference final on ESPN2 today at noon.  Go Vermont!

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #2: March 10, 2007, 02:12:38 PM »
Albany, the 5 point underdog, upsets Vermont.  Pretty entertaining game.  I'm looking forward to watching the Big East Championship tonight.  Georgetown VS Pittsburgh

Offline 2k6nats

• Through Fick and Zim
« Reply #3: March 10, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »
Albany, the 5 point underdog, upsets Vermont.  Pretty entertaining game.  I'm looking forward to watching the Big East Championship tonight.  Georgetown VS Pittsburgh

Don't even talk about it.  Like, seriously, that was the most heartbreaking moment of my life.  Argh.

Offline PC

« Reply #4: March 10, 2007, 07:20:21 PM »
nationalsforum.net should have a tournament group...

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #5: March 12, 2007, 06:45:59 PM »
Big 12 territory here.  I like to think the big 12 has 3 final four conteners in Kansas, Kevin Durant and Texas A&M.  Won't get all three, but I really think Kansas has a very legit shot to win the whole thing.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #6: March 12, 2007, 08:08:23 PM »
nationalsforum.net should have a tournament group...

I set up a CBS Sportsline league.  I sent you and others private messages but nobody has signed up yet.  I'm not sure if it's a requirement that I post an entrant's email address into the Sporstline league's Invite box, but that's how all the head-to-head baseball entrants got in that league.  (One slot left in that.)

Vermont's NIT game is to be aired on ESPN this Tues night at 8 PM.

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #7: March 14, 2007, 12:58:56 PM »
Well, since this IS the official college basketball thread, I just have to say that my boys the VERMONT CATAMOUNTS play the ALBANY GREAT DANES in the conference final on ESPN2 today at noon.  Go Vermont!
now my boys play Albany in the NCAA Tourney, what all do you know about them?

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #8: March 14, 2007, 01:48:59 PM »
So your boys are from the University of Virginia (Zimmerman's alma mater)?  They are a #4 seed and Albany is a #13.  I don't want to offend anyone from Albany, but I think Virginia will clobber them.  Albany has only been to the NCAA once, and lost.  VA has beaten several good teams this year who are in this tournament, unlike Albany.

Join the Forum's CBS SportsLine's Bracket Challenge before 11 am tommorrow and you can pick VA to win the whole thing, if ya want.  It's free and you get bonus points for picking upsets.

Offline JMW IV

• Name on the Front > Name on The Back
« Reply #9: March 15, 2007, 10:09:35 PM »
bye bye DUKE! HAHA!

Offline ZIM4MVP

« Reply #10: March 16, 2007, 07:50:54 PM »
So your boys are from the University of Virginia (Zimmerman's alma mater)?  They are a #4 seed and Albany is a #13.  I don't want to offend anyone from Albany, but I think Virginia will clobber them.  Albany has only been to the NCAA once, and lost.  VA has beaten several good teams this year who are in this tournament, unlike Albany.

Join the Forum's CBS SportsLine's Bracket Challenge before 11 am tommorrow and you can pick VA to win the whole thing, if ya want.  It's free and you get bonus points for picking upsets.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)
well you were right, I figured since we pretty much blow away from home that we would lose this one somehow but JR came out and was on fire.  Hopefully it will carry over to the next game against the Vols

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
« Reply #11: March 16, 2007, 09:50:45 PM »
That game was over in the first 10 minutes.   The final score was not indicative of the performance Va put out in the opening half.  Albany was playing hard, but everything they did was wrong, and UVA (Reynolds, mostly) was near perfect.