Author Topic: Go to bed!  (Read 8362 times)

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
Re: Go to bed!
« Reply #150: December 22, 2011, 07:43:52 AM »
I went to bed early last night (thanks to 2 margaritas), but then wake up super early.  :shock:

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #151: December 22, 2011, 07:53:34 AM »
You can take my desk job and I'll do the driving. LOVE driving, even in traffic. Nothing better than the road, the radio, and your thoughts for 8-10 hours.

+1

Offline DPMOmaha

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #153: December 22, 2011, 08:36:59 PM »
You mean you don't have a platoon for posting/sleeping? ;)

:lmao:

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #154: December 22, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Not a bad drive.  I have an EZ-Pass, and I broke out a new TomTom for the first time.  It is supposed to have live traffic, but I'm not sure how well it worked.  I figured taking me out SW X-way to Pennsylvania to 295 was not as smart as by the ballpark, over the bridge and up 295, but I figured they may not have much experience with the 6 AM traffic.  It made the ballsy call to go via cross-bronx to CT rather than use the parkways, but the traffic reports did not report any tie ups, I tried it, and it worked great.  Where I really came to doubt it was around Hartford, when there were warning signs saying take alt route rather than the Charter Oak Bridge.  The alt was all of 3 extra minutes on the estimated time of arrival, and I've hit the Charter Oak traffic every time I try it, so I bailed on the Tom Tom advice and had not problem.  Traffic was the main reason I bought the thing, so I'm a bit concerned.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #155: June 08, 2013, 05:30:24 AM »
Why am I still awake!?

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
« Reply #156: June 08, 2013, 06:33:55 AM »
because you aren't sleeping?

Offline RobDibblesGhost

« Reply #157: June 09, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »
Working all night sucks.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #158: June 09, 2013, 05:28:03 AM »
Hmm.  Again.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #159: July 02, 2013, 09:04:14 PM »
MD gave me a prescription for Ambien. This is the first time I've used any sleeping med beyond Benadryl. If anyone sees me walking naked into Nats Park, kindly wake me up..LOL! So far it lets me sleep uninterrupted, but hasn't helped with falling asleep, my main problem. He may up the dosage.

Offline Nathan

« Reply #160: July 02, 2013, 09:22:34 PM »
I thought there were 2 main sleep meds out right now, one was better at helping you stay asleep and the other was better for helping you fall asleep.  I was reading up the other day when I was trying to find whether diphenhydramine (benadryl/unisom) or Doxylamine (the stuff in nyquil and some versions of unisom) were better for helping me fall asleep.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #161: July 02, 2013, 10:25:05 PM »
MD gave me a prescription for Ambien. This is the first time I've used any sleeping med beyond Benadryl. If anyone sees me walking naked into Nats Park, kindly wake me up..LOL! So far it lets me sleep uninterrupted, but hasn't helped with falling asleep, my main problem. He may up the dosage.

The big problem I had with Ambien is that it's highly addictive to the point where after just a few weeks, I couldn't fall asleep without it. I weaned myself off it by cutting the pills in half for a few weeks and then going cold turkey once I was used to the half-dose. I was prescribed the stuff in 2009 to help me get used to a CPAP.

Offline heeman82

« Reply #162: July 02, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »
Chew some valerian root and get more exercise

Offline Nathan

« Reply #163: July 02, 2013, 10:55:32 PM »
Valerian root smells like dirty feet and garlic.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #164: July 03, 2013, 09:18:36 AM »
Valerian root smells like dirty feet and garlic.

I tried Valerian root tea and thought it smelled like cat pee.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #165: August 30, 2013, 03:37:14 AM »
ding ding ding.

Driving up to Boston this morning, alarm set for 5 AM.   Packed, went to CCSP, ate, watched games, drank a bit, went to sleep sort of, but have been constantly waking up.  15 minutes ago, I realized I tried to exchange tickets from my SPH account marked "active" and unused for RCRs when I probably already traded at least some of them in (who is kidding, almost all of them - otherwise how did I get my 9/18 and 9/20 tickets).  I'll call services (they are closed and no messages) tomorrow.  I hope I did not screw up my tickets as I've invited a ton of people to 9/20 already.

Arggh!

BTW - music for the trip will be

Patti Smith - Easter
Bruce etc... - Live from New York (2001); also The Wild, The innocent, & the E street Shuffle
Jerry Lee - Last Man standing
Ramones - Road to Ruin
Clash - From here to eternity
A friend's collection from his 50th birthday (actual mostly stuff in the past decade)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the moon

A bit older than some of my balances of selections.  Got to add Zevon for :w: erth.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #166: August 30, 2013, 10:41:34 AM »
Nice playlist.

You must be able to drive that route in your sleep by now, so perhaps you can catch a few on the Verrazano Bridge?

ding ding ding.

Driving up to Boston this morning, alarm set for 5 AM.   Packed, went to CCSP, ate, watched games, drank a bit, went to sleep sort of, but have been constantly waking up.  15 minutes ago, I realized I tried to exchange tickets from my SPH account marked "active" and unused for RCRs when I probably already traded at least some of them in (who is kidding, almost all of them - otherwise how did I get my 9/18 and 9/20 tickets).  I'll call services (they are closed and no messages) tomorrow.  I hope I did not screw up my tickets as I've invited a ton of people to 9/20 already.

Arggh!

BTW - music for the trip will be

Patti Smith - Easter
Bruce etc... - Live from New York (2001); also The Wild, The innocent, & the E street Shuffle
Jerry Lee - Last Man standing
Ramones - Road to Ruin
Clash - From here to eternity
A friend's collection from his 50th birthday (actual mostly stuff in the past decade)
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the moon

A bit older than some of my balances of selections.  Got to add Zevon for :w: erth.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #167: August 30, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
Made it OK.  I still had some CDs from my 7/4 trip in the car, so I listened to American Beauty, Eagles, The Wild the innocent . . ., and Easter.

I think I have done the drive more than 50 times since 2003 and probably another 30 or 40 from 1989 to 1997.  I only came close to nodding off on I-84 in northern CT.  Nothing like a rumble-strip edge to give you that jolt of adrenalin to keep you going until the Mass Pike service area.  Did not even need another double espresso.

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
« Reply #168: August 30, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »
Made it OK.  I still had some CDs from my 7/4 trip in the car, so I listened to American Beauty, Eagles, The Wild the innocent . . ., and Easter.

I think I have done the drive more than 50 times since 2003 and probably another 30 or 40 from 1989 to 1997.  I only came close to nodding off on I-84 in northern CT.  Nothing like a rumble-strip edge to give you that jolt of adrenalin to keep you going until the Mass Pike service area.  Did not even need another double espresso.

Make the same safe trip coming back.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #169: August 30, 2013, 11:23:32 PM »

How do you go? 95 north through New Jersey, then 91/15 north in CT to 84 and then the Pike? Just curious because I've done the drive a few times (Philly to Boston).

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #170: August 31, 2013, 10:52:20 AM »

The other one that's advertised is Lunesta.   I used to watch TV until I fell asleep.   Now I fall asleep too early and wake up too early.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #171: August 31, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »
How do you go? 95 north through New Jersey, then 91/15 north in CT to 84 and then the Pike? Just curious because I've done the drive a few times (Philly to Boston).
I have some anxiety issues on bridges, so I always go over the lower deck of the GW bridge.  There I'll usually pick up the Henry Hudson north, which becomes the Saw Mill River Parkway.  At exit 4 (I think), I pick  up the Cross County Parkway, the the Hutchinson River Parkway, which becomes the Merritt and the Wilbur Cross in Connecticut.  This is a bit shorter in terms of mileage than 95 (Cross Bronx to the thruway extension to the old CT turnpike to 91 in New Haven), but, more importantly, you avoid  most of the traffic out of New York and in spots where there is construction in CT.  An accident on the parkways or random grass cutting  or tree trimming can slow my prefered route  down, but nif you listen to WINS 1090 and WCBS, they are better than my TomTom at picking up problems.  You can easily bail from the parkways either up 684 to 84 East through Danbury and hartford, go south to 95 at rye or around milford (good signs for this), so it is flexible.

The Wilbur Cross picks up 91 North  in Middletown.  Then it is your normal route home.  There is a good bailout to avoid the Charter Oak Bridge at exit 24-25 (route 3 to route  2) which I'm sure you've discovered. 

When I go through New York, I try to hit the GWB around 10:30 AM, which is after the rush but before the weekend getaway.

I find my TomTom works best going south through NY because it will divert you away from the parkways if there are accidents.  There is a not bad bailout at 691 in Meriden that my TomTom loves. 

Offline brec7

• Twitter
« Reply #172: September 03, 2013, 03:32:09 AM »
I figured I'd chime in with a 4:30 AM post here (we're an hour ahead of EST in Atlantic Canada).  I worked backshift for 3 years before being severanced out a few months ago.  I thought I might go back to normal hours not working, especially last night after crashing from a party weekend, yet here I am up late doing of all things, reading Big Brother spoilers (where's that facepalm emoticon when you need it...  :mg:)

Offline Vega

• Party’s Over
« Reply #173: September 07, 2013, 03:28:33 AM »
Here all alone. Where is everyone? I'd usually expect a drunk Cope here at this point.

Offline JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
« Reply #174: April 06, 2015, 03:16:31 AM »
wow, this sucker has been dormant.  Unlike me the past couple of weeks.