Author Topic: Syracuse @ Rochester, Strasburg's 3rd AAA start  (Read 4638 times)

Offline PC

It's about to start.

Offline PC

Chiefs lineup:

1. Maxwell, CF
2. Davis, LF
3. Mench, RF
4. Whitesell, 1B
5. Lambin, 3B
6. Duncan, DH
7. Maldanado, C
8. Bruntlett, 2B
9. Lopez, SS

Offline PC

Some people would still like to watch.

Offline UMDNats

Chiefs lineup:

1. Maxwell, CF - AAAA
2. Davis, LF - AAA
3. Mench, RF - AAAA
4. Whitesell, 1B - AAA
5. Lambin, 3B - who?
6. Duncan, DH - AAAA
7. Maldanado, C - who?
8. Bruntlett, 2B - AAAA
9. Lopez, SS - who?

Offline UMDNats

This video feed is terrible. Come on, Time Warner, we're in 2010, not 1980.

Offline DPMOmaha

Chiefs lineup:

1. Maxwell, CF
2. Davis, LF
3. Mench, RF
4. Whitesell, 1B
5. Lambin, 3B
6. Duncan, DH
7. Maldanado, C
8. Bruntlett, 2B
9. Lopez, SS
This lineup is striking similar to our 2007 lineups.

Offline UMDNats

It should be illegal to show Strasburg's greatness on a video production as low-budget as this one.

Issues I have:

-low resolution picture
-lineups were shown on black screen with Toyota logo, just low quality
-no pitchtrax
-no speed after each pitch
-sucks

Offline houston-nat

90 pitch limit? They gotta get him up to 105 sometime or another...

Offline Dave B

90 pitch limit? They gotta get him up to 105 sometime or another...

the less he throws down there, the more he throws up here

Offline houston-nat

Joe Posnanski's Twitter feed:

Strasburg sick first inning ... strikeout, 5-3, 1-3, hits 99 twice and throws one of the nastiest change-ups I've ever seen.
10th straight hitless inn for Strasburg. Did walk a batter, and an error. But curve to strike out Jacque Jones made me hurt.
@JoeTetreault Knees buckled up here in the box.
Strasburg FINALLY gives up hit ... a dribbler infield single to Trevor Plouffe. Still has not allowed ball out of infield.
A real single up the middle by Jose Morales + a couple of hard-hit balls. Figured Strasburg out! Then again: 7-pitch inning.
Strasburg gives up cheappie single but strikes out side in fifth with some scary, ugly swings.
Strasburg probably done: 6 inn, 3 H, 0 R, 2 walks, 8 Ks, 16 awful swings. Inconceivable. And I do know what that word means.
I take it back ... Strasburg comes out for seventh. He has throw 86 pitches. I'm surprised.
Ok, he faces just one batter -- a K. So final total, 6 1/3 inn, 3 H, 0 R, 2 walks, 9 Ks. 92 pitches, 60 strikes.
---Somebody asks him:- @JPosnanski So, ready for the Majors? Or not quite?
@kyleseiwert He's ready to start the All-Star Game. But they'll wait until June 4 for arbitration purposes.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
"We want to stretch him out, have him go deeper into the game, and let the opposing team see him for a third time through the order," Syracuse manager Trent Jewett told MLB.com before the game. "It's a travesty to say that he can improve when he's allowed one hit in his first 12 innings at this level, but your imagination can run wild. He has so much potential."

Offline nats2playoffs

Joe Posnanski's Twitter feed:

In case you've never seen Citizen Kane, Rosebud is the name printed on his sled.

Offline PC

This really does look like archive footage.   :spaz:

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
Chiefs lineup:

1. Maxwell, CF
2. Davis, LF
3. Mench, RF
4. Whitesell, 1B
5. Lambin, 3B
6. Duncan, DH
7. Maldanado, C
8. Bruntlett, 2B
9. Lopez, SS

Offline hammondsnats

This lineup is striking similar to our 2007 lineups.

hahahahahahahahaha DMP FTW wow.

still that line-up could beat some major league teams.

everyone except for maldanado (who calls a good game) and lopez (who is bad) could serve a purpose with the big league club at some point as a back-up if someone were to go down due to injury/non-performance.

Offline nats2playoffs

Strasburg got a standing ovation by the opposing fans at their ball park. 

Post game interview: Strasburg - "I've never gotten a standing ovation before."

He gave a shout out to Drew Storen, for getting his first win that night with the Nationals.

Offline CJames0569

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

He gave a shout out to Drew Storen, for getting his first win that night with the Nationals.

This kid is such a class act it's ridiculous, he gave a shout out to Storen for his first :w: that's just awesome. I can't wait to watch him pitch.

Offline cachemoney

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

Maybe not on the road, but he has gotten a standing ovation in both his Syracuse home starts.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
They need to invent human bubble wrap.

Offline blue911

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
i just looked into tickets for June 4th, the best available are 134U at $46 a pop.

I'm wondering whether to pull the trigger now or wait for the official announcement.

Offline Salamander Man

i just looked into tickets for June 4th, the best available are 134U at $46 a pop.

I'm wondering whether to pull the trigger now or wait for the official announcement.

Tough, I think there is about 75% chance that's the day.  I was hoping it would be that Sunday.  The one thing I see is that Livan is scheduled for that day and Atilano the next day.  (5th)  Chances are Atilano is the one replaced.  Would they start him then?