Author Topic: Worst offensive performance in Nationals history - 2012 edition  (Read 14356 times)

Offline Obed_Marsh

Gods. If you we cannot pry loose some kid with upside for the outfield, I might have to rent a place in crazytown and start hoping we sign Vladimir Guerrero. :spaz: 

I am a bit surprised no one has pined for Willie Harris. The Reds just outrighted him to Triple-A.

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Great points.

On another note - I predict seeing this thread skyrocket in posts in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe we'd better sticky this topic :)

Offline swirvi

Bump.

Offensively, we seem to be set at C, 1st, 3rd, LF, CF.  Amazing how being short on 3 positions, coupled with horrible lineup management can ruin a team's production.

I hate HRod as much as the next guy, but we can't score 3 runs every game and expect to compete, let alone win the division.

I blame our offense 10X more than our bullpen.  And I blame DJ 10X more than the offense.  And I blame Rizzo 10X more than DJ.

So for every "freak you HRod", I am thinking to myself "freak you Rizzo" 1,000 times...

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Obligatory nightly bump.

Offline wpa2629

• No Trade Clause
What's the team record for strikeouts in a season? Have we broken it yet?

Offline MarquisDeSade

• Captain Sadness
What's the team record for strikeouts in a season? Have we broken it yet?

I'm guessing that they'll have 1,500 strikeouts this season, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them set an MLB record this year.

Online HalfSmokes

I'm guessing that they'll have 1,500 strikeouts this season, though I wouldn't be surprised to see them set an MLB record this year.

Its ok, strikeouts don't matter

Offline Ray D

Its ok, strikeouts don't matter

Right. Not unless there are men on base. (Isn't that the theory? or am I in the wrong thread?)  And we never have men on base so strikeouts never matter.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
Anticipatory bump for tonight's game.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
So for every "freak you HRod", I am thinking to myself "freak you Rizzo" 1,000 times...
:lmao: :spit: :crackup:

Rizzo is awful?

FACTS

59-103
69-93
80-81
18-12

:rofl:

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
59-103
69-93
80-81
18-12

:hurr: season's over, Nats win the division!

Offline Smithian

• Sunshine Squad 2022
:hurr: season's over, Nats win the division!
Your sarcasm is as blatant as the improvement is obvious!

Offline KnorrForYourMoney

• pissy DC sports fan

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!
Wow, St Louis scoring more than 2 runs a game more than we are, and nearly double that of the Pirates.

The positive?  Plenty of upside for the Nats.

:lol:

:-[

Offline The Chief

Your sarcasm is as blatant as the improvement is obvious!

And your facts are as irrelevant as that observation, but who's counting?  :eyebrows:

People aren't mad at Rizzo for improving the team, they're mad at him for failing to improve it *more*.

Offline tomterp

• Global Moderator
  • Hell yes!

People aren't mad at Rizzo for improving the team, they're mad at him for failing to improve it *more*.

Cause 4th to 1st sucks?

:whistle:

Offline The Chief

Cause 4th to 1st sucks?

:whistle:

I am confident that we will not finish 1st.  I'd offer to take you up on any bet you can come up with, but I don't like to bet against my own team.

Besides, I know you don't actually believe in counting the chickens this early, you're just :poke:

Offline PC

Offline Obed_Marsh

I am still convinced the team is overperforming, I just hope they can keep it up for the rest of the year. :mg:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked

Offline RobDibblesGhost

Once again, time for the obligatory nightly bump :hang:

Offline mmzznnxx

• lol Nats
Yeah, everyone's tearing Ross a new one in the game thread. Not a good game from him, but I'd rather stick with Detwiler and get some bats than worry about our fifth rotation guy. All our pitchers pretty much have had rough games lately, what we don't have is offense that can pick up pitchers on their bad outings. Just my two cents.

Online Slateman

• THE SUMMONER OF THE REVERSE JINX
Maybe not tonight

Offline DPMOmaha

Kendrick/Halladay/Hamels up next.  That'll be a joy.