Author Topic: Not venting: just grief  (Read 2231 times)

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
Re: Not venting: just grief
« Reply #50: October 14, 2012, 11:48:45 PM »
There were a lot of people at the Redskins game still talking about the Nats. It seems like the whole town is still mourning the devastating loss. As much as you tried to get back into the swing of an NFL gameday and especially a Redskins home game it was obvious that people are not over it yet. I wore Nats gear. The game helped a little bit and the win was definitely balm to the wound but even while celebrating the win after in the postgame tailgate it was still being brought up. I kept checking the time and remind myself (and those with me) that we should be starting the NLCS. It's gonna to take a while. My mom and my sister both told me that they have not gotten over it and have been unable to sleep reliving the top of the 9th inning. Anyway, this was mentioned by someone in another thread but it's ridiculous to think that Opening Day will not sell out. They have to strike while the iron is hot. They need to make whatever moves necessary (irrespective of cost!) to make sure this team is ready to hit the ground at a full gallop. Nats fever is at its beginning stages. Feed it you cheap bastards!