Author Topic: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2  (Read 53847 times)

Offline KyleScha

Re: Nationals @ Mets, Game 2
« Reply #400: September 10, 2008, 10:35:03 PM »
I absolutely can not stand the Mets announcers. They are continually treating the Mets like gods and insulting the nats as much as they can.

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #401: September 10, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »
we better pay these nages back when they come to DC next week for a 4 game series. that's all i have to say.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #402: September 10, 2008, 10:35:51 PM »
I am going to try to forget this series even happened. What a complete freaking nightmare. Ayala might have passed Lopez on my most hated list. I really, truly hate that mother freaker. He is a complete dick wad a-hole. I wish bad things on that son of a nag.

Offline KyleScha

« Reply #403: September 10, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
Ayala makes me sick.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #404: September 10, 2008, 10:36:32 PM »
freak, Ayala why not throw fastballs for us. Garbage.

Dukes, alright thats enough sit your angry ass down.

I think the fans were chanting "DUKES-CAN-SUCK-IT"

« Reply #405: September 10, 2008, 10:38:05 PM »
I absolutely can not stand the Mets announcers. They are continually treating the Mets like gods and insulting the nats as much as they can.
Lets Send Dukes up to the booth and have him take care of things.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #406: September 10, 2008, 10:38:28 PM »
I am going to try to forget this series even happened. What a complete freaking nightmare. Ayala might have passed Lopez on my most hated list. I really, truly hate that mother freaker. He is a complete dick wad a-hole. I wish bad things on that son of a nag. (Image removed from quote.)

This sounds like the anti-ronnynat saying this, but maybe having Schneider as his catcher again has a little something to do w/ it. It's not like he was playing like crap here on purpose. This was the first season he ever pitched poorly.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #407: September 10, 2008, 10:40:53 PM »
I hope to go to the next Mets game at home so when Dukes plays, i can cheer my ass off and watch him kick there ass on the field.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #408: September 10, 2008, 10:41:11 PM »
This sounds like the anti-ronnynat saying this, but maybe having Schneider as his catcher again has a little something to do w/ it. It's not like he was playing like crap here on purpose. This was the first season he ever pitched poorly.

They said he was pouting about being the closer. He wanted to get some stats to get a better contract next season so I don't think it's inconceivable that he was tanking to get out of town to a better team.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #409: September 10, 2008, 10:41:40 PM »
I think that is exactly the case. Seriously. Dude, everyone here, St. Claire, the Nats' announcers, EVERYONE, pleaded with Luis to go back to throwing his great low 90s fastball that he lived on for years but he would not want to throw anything but hanging sliders and change ups. Now look at him. He didn't throw anything but fastballs the last two nights. It's bullcrap and makes me sick. Players piss on this organization while they are here and then go elsewhere and decide to perform. Ayala was one of the bottom 3 relievers in ALL OF BASEBALL while he was here and now he's a closer for a 1st Place Team. It's bullcrap and I can't stand it. Ayala is the definition of scum bag trash.

MrMadison

« Reply #410: September 10, 2008, 10:42:46 PM »

I think he was.

« Reply #411: September 10, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »
I can see it now, Dukes out in the Shea parking lot swinging a bat at fans.  Throw this moran in jail.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #412: September 10, 2008, 10:47:07 PM »
They said he was pouting about being the closer. He wanted to get some stats to get a better contract next season so I don't think it's inconceivable that he was tanking to get out of town to a better team.

It's not inconceivable, but I really doubt that's the case.

Just as hitting is contagious, a winning attitude is, too. Maybe being on a winning team helped him. It could also be that he's more comfortable w/ the closer's role. It could be a lot of things.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #413: September 10, 2008, 10:50:39 PM »
Dude, everyone here, St. Claire, the Nats' announcers, EVERYONE, pleaded with Luis to go back to throwing his great low 90s fastball that he lived on for years

Outside of everyone here and the announcers, I never heard about him being pleaded w/ to throw his fastball (as if he was just saying "no" every time he was asked to throw it).

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #414: September 10, 2008, 10:50:43 PM »
It's not inconceivable, but I really doubt that's the case.

Just as hitting is contagious, a winning attitude is, too. Maybe being on a winning team helped him. It could also be that he's more comfortable w/ the closer's role. It could be a lot of things.
Come on, stop defending that sack of crap. There's no other plausible explanation other than that that he purposely tanked while he was here. It's a shame Bowden rewarded him for screwing us in the ass by dealing him to a contender.

Ayala wouldn't throw his fastball when he was here because he knew that was his best pitch. He got beat night after night on his breaking and off-speed stuff. I don't think you remember just how awful he was when he was here. A bottom of the barrel reliever turning into a shut-down closer in one season? Makes a lot of sense.

Offline nats2playoffs

« Reply #415: September 10, 2008, 10:51:17 PM »

GAME OVER.  WE LOSE.

Odalis, Rivera, and Hanrahan ALL must play Russian Roulette.
Guzman can load the bullet...
One will die. 
The others will NEVER blow a game like this again.  Ever.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #416: September 10, 2008, 10:51:56 PM »
Outside of everyone here and the announcers, I never heard about him being pleaded w/ to throw his fastball (as if he was just saying "no" every time he was asked to throw it).
That is exactly the case. After every game he would blow St. Claire and Acta said that he needs to go back to throwing his fastball and stop getting beat by this second and third best pitches. EVERYONE was telling him to go back to what made him good and he refused to listen and just kept throwing crappy off-speed stuff down the middle.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #417: September 10, 2008, 10:55:16 PM »
That is exactly the case. After every game he would blow St. Claire and Acta said that he needs to go back to throwing his fastball and stop getting beat by this second and third best pitches. EVERYONE was telling him to go back to what made him good and he refused to listen and just kept throwing crappy off-speed stuff down the middle.

So he was shaking off the fastball?

(btw, the beginning of that second sentence you wrote cracked me up when I read it fast. :lol:)

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #418: September 10, 2008, 10:56:46 PM »
So he was shaking off the fastball?

(btw, the beginning of that second sentence you wrote cracked me up when I read it fast. :lol:)
Absolutely.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #419: September 10, 2008, 11:05:52 PM »
ouch. Zimmerman just said that "There's no place for those kind of antics in this game" when being asked a question about Dukes. He said that it's really not his place to answer that question but that Dukes is a very emotional guy and has a lot to learn. He also said Dukes showed how talented he is tonight.

I don't think Dukes is on good terms with everyone in the clubhouse. I think he ruffles some of the guys the wrong way.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #420: September 10, 2008, 11:07:38 PM »
ouch. Zimmerman just said that "There's no place for those kind of antics in this game" when being asked a question about Dukes. He said that it's really not his place to answer that question but that Dukes is a very emotional guy and has a lot to learn. He also said Dukes showed how talented he is tonight.

I don't think Dukes is on good terms with everyone in the clubhouse. I think he ruffles some of the guys the wrong way.

I'm sure the rest of the team feels the same way.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #421: September 10, 2008, 11:11:03 PM »
I'm sure the rest of the team feels the same way.
Yep. Not good. I like Dukes' fire/energy and of course his talent but he's got to start to mature. I see this whole thing taking a big downward spiral in the near future unless he settles down some.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #422: September 10, 2008, 11:15:04 PM »
Yep. Not good. I like Dukes' fire/energy and of course his talent but he's got to start to mature. I see this whole thing taking a big downward spiral in the near future unless he settles down some.

Oh yeah. If that dude completely snaps one time, he could be looking at a long suspension (b/c of the kind of damage he could do to someone), or maybe even worse.

Worst of all, he could really hurt this team. And it wouldn't even be his play that would be hurting us. That's the sad part.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #423: September 10, 2008, 11:16:45 PM »

Yea i expected players to feel this way to his personality. Its kinda bullcrap really. Hes a good player but hes to much of an emotional sensitive baby. Sorry AZ dont go on a killing spree. Dukes just needs to ignore everything and play baseball.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #424: September 10, 2008, 11:19:16 PM »
Oh yeah. If that dude completely snaps one time, he could be looking at a long suspension (b/c of the kind of damage he could do to someone), or maybe even worse.

Worst of all, he could really hurt this team. And it wouldn't even be his play that would be hurting us. That's the sad part.
Yeah, I think he's cool with Lastings and maybe a few others but many other guys on the team like RZ, Guz, and others (including Acta) don't really appreciate Dukes' antics. This could create a big rift in the near future and clubhouse turmoil could ensue. We really need a guy like Dukes with the talent he has and the fire he has but I just don't want it to get out of hand.