Author Topic: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 2  (Read 7329 times)

Offline mitlen

• We had 'em all the way.
Re: Nationals @ Orioles, Game 2
« Reply #125: June 27, 2010, 07:53:35 AM »
Hi hi, as, I assume, one of the "toolbags." Yesterday there were 22 pages of discussion, today there were six. Five actually, and one page of people nagging about the lack of discussion. Today was a weekend game against the Orioles. I don't care about soccer, had no idea there was a game today, but if you honestly believe that a soccer game can account for this lack of discussion versus the fact that people have had it with the team and are tired of these types of games, well, I wish I had your optimism. btw, last years Friday game in Baltimore, exactly 52 weeks prior, had 9 pages of discussion. So I stick by saying that this thread is indicative people have had it with this godawful play, etc. I don't understand why you're so pissed off over something obvious, blatant, and directed at no one at all. Everyone's just saying this thread is showing the attitude of the fans quite dramatically.

This ... As a fellow "toolbag" though I did watch the WC.  I did miss the first couple of innings yet did watch a lot of the Nats.  This is where I agree with you.   Even though I watched the Nats, I just couldn't get enthused to enter notes while watching them.    I jokingly mentioned yesterday that the team is having an effect on WNFF board.   The entries are cranky and some are very negative.   I also agree that the team is wasting a great opportunity to "grow fans" in the community.   Strasburg's call up was the point where they could have really taken off.  They've pretty much squandered that.   I'm also tired of Riggleman's pablum.   It's time somebody becomes painfully frank.   We suck.  Dunn, Zim, SS, etc. may all be nice guys and realize they suck right now but I'd rather have a bunch of SOB's be 50 and 25 than nice guys at 33 and 42.   I'll watch today but I may be too pissed to post.  :)

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #126: June 27, 2010, 09:15:32 AM »
Okay, you toolbags do realize there was this little World Cup thing going on at the beginning of the Nats game and a ton of people were at viewing parties for that, right?

haha, why would you get so offended that people were shocked at the lack of discussion. It's not like someone called your mother fat.

Offline PatsNats28

« Reply #127: June 27, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
i had no plans last night, but i was too pissed to post on the board

Online imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #128: June 27, 2010, 09:28:00 AM »
i think that's the first time i've ever been called a "toolbag". :-)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #129: June 27, 2010, 09:47:21 AM »
mitlen has a point - one more opponent shutout during a SS start and the wheels will come off the bandwagon.

Offline mitlen

« Reply #130: June 27, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »
mitlen has a point - one more opponent shutout during a SS start and the wheels will come off the bandwagon.

Some may say that's "front runner" "fair weather" fans.   But that's how you expand the team's fans ... through the "buzz".   We/Nats gotta do something soon to turn this around and not rely on SS start every 5 days.    Even SS starts have a short shelf life in this market.   Throw in the local NFL franchise starts camp in less than a month and there's a lull during the All Star break, it is critical to start winning ... NOW.

Offline blue911

« Reply #131: June 27, 2010, 09:59:44 AM »

Good, then they can go back to fluffing Tony Romo.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #132: June 27, 2010, 10:12:40 AM »
Well, I was at the game yesterday.   It was hot and humid, but I watched the entire game.   I yelled loud and long are nearly every single play.  For every "Lets go O's!   I yelled Let's go Nats!"  Just to let you know, there were many Nats fans in attendance.   I just wish that they could have been more vocal.

I found it interesting that the Orioles store only sold some Nationals caps.  Nothing else.  We should follow the same example.

Other than one big bad inning by Livo, I don't think the game was all that bad.  You can't expect a team to go from worst team, to be a contender so quickly.  Peralta had a pretty good outing.

I will never give up on this team!   I find it Ironic that the O'S are having the season we had last year. 

Go Nats!  I'll see you on the 3rd!

Offline mitlen

« Reply #133: June 27, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »
Good, then they can go back to fluffing Tony Romo.

I'll take another 100 loss season rather than read, listen or see anything on Romo.   Talk about "toolbags".   Romo is it.   Actually, anything Dallas ... :)