Author Topic: Forum Traffic  (Read 2566 times)

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
Forum Traffic
« Topic Start: January 06, 2012, 05:07:28 PM »
I appreciate the thought, PowerBoater, but that's really not necessary.  I also suspect you may be exaggerating my influence a bit :lol:

No I'm not, name an individual who has done more to promote this team that is not employed by the team or a local media outlet.  Nats320 is a distant second.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Forum Traffic
« Reply #1: January 06, 2012, 05:09:40 PM »
I appreciate the sentiment but I really don't know what kind of traffic any of the major Nats blogs get.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #2: January 06, 2012, 05:13:52 PM »
I appreciate the sentiment but I really don't know what kind of traffic any of the major Nats blogs get.

Not to put down the various blogs, I'm a big fan of several of them, but I don't believe that the concept of a "major Nats blog" exists.  Zuckerman's was the only one and since he is now an official member of the media again he no longer qualifies.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #3: January 06, 2012, 05:15:45 PM »
Split this off to keep the Q&A thread streamlined.

Not to put down the various blogs, I'm a big fan of several of them, but I don't believe that the concept of a "major Nats blog" exists.  Zuckerman's was the only one and since he is now an official member of the media again he no longer qualifies.

I wouldn't know.  Traffic has been good when you look at it from a year-over-year perspective, especially considering some of the rotten teams that have been put on the field, but statistics are just numbers...  I try not to read too much into it.  My main concern is making sure the forum can handle anticipated load, hence the big upgrade late last year in anticipation of a bigger year this year (hopefully a lot bigger, fingers crossed)

Post count has risen steadily by about ~30% per year, with the exception of a 9% drop from 2009 to 2010.  Page views for the last three years have been pretty steady at just under 10 million, with a dip to about 9.5 million in 2011.  New topics has dropped steadily each year, presumably because of a general tendency towards more monolithic threads.  Averaging about 400 new members per year for the last three years, prior to which I didn't have any anti-spammer measures in place, so the numbers for '07 and '08 are totally meaningless.  Obviously only a fraction of new members become regular posters.  Hard to say how many lurk.

Any forum member should be able to see the stats page, but I suspect most people aren't aware it exists - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?action=stats

I don't have readily accessible stats for 2005 or 2006 due to the use of a different forum software in those years that didn't keep track of such things.

Online PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #4: January 06, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »
Split this off to keep the Q&A thread streamlined.

I wouldn't know.  Traffic has been good when you look at it from a year-over-year perspective, especially considering some of the rotten teams that have been put on the field, but statistics are just numbers...  I try not to read too much into it.  My main concern is making sure the forum can handle anticipated load, hence the big upgrade late last year in anticipation of a bigger year this year (hopefully a lot bigger, fingers crossed)

Post count has risen steadily by about ~30% per year, with the exception of a 9% drop from 2009 to 2010.  Page views for the last three years have been pretty steady at just under 10 million, with a dip to about 9.5 million in 2011.  New topics has dropped steadily each year, presumably because of a general tendency towards more monolithic threads.  Averaging about 400 new members per year for the last three years, prior to which I didn't have any anti-spammer measures in place, so the numbers for '07 and '08 are totally meaningless.  Obviously only a fraction of new members become regular posters.  Hard to say how many lurk.

Any forum member should be able to see the stats page, but I suspect most people aren't aware it exists - http://www.wnff.net/index.php?action=stats

I don't have readily accessible stats for 2005 or 2006 due to the use of a different forum software in those years that didn't keep track of such things.

10 million page views!  I doubt if all of the blogs combined get half that number annually.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #5: January 06, 2012, 05:39:51 PM »
I like when I see new posts become regulars. It's a cool feeling.

Also, hell yeah 9th on the most time spent online list!!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #6: January 06, 2012, 05:40:27 PM »
10 million page views!  I doubt if all of the blogs combined get half that number annually.

Shrug, not really fair to compare a message board to a blog, especially when you consider the game threads.

Also, about 9% of those page views are just google bots and chinese spies :lol:

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #7: January 06, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
I like it here.

I have a question: The guy with an assclown avatar, was that the result of a bet?

Online blue911

« Reply #8: January 06, 2012, 05:45:43 PM »
I like it here.

I have a question: The guy with an assclown avatar, was that the result of a bet?

Nope, just a result of him being an Assclown.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #9: January 06, 2012, 05:47:40 PM »

That's our ASSCLOWN!!

Offline The Chief

« Reply #10: January 06, 2012, 05:51:21 PM »
yes he lost a bet :lol:

Offline Mr Clean

« Reply #11: January 06, 2012, 05:52:41 PM »
Funniest avatar ever. I laugh every time.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #12: January 06, 2012, 08:05:27 PM »
split off discussion and moved it to the appropriate thread:

http://www.wnff.net/index.php?topic=12874.msg921446#msg921446

Offline eckseid

« Reply #13: January 06, 2012, 08:54:30 PM »
I'm not sure of the stats between this forum and blogs for the nats, but this is the only place I get my news for this team. So I appreciate everyone that contributes to this forum.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #14: January 06, 2012, 09:00:36 PM »
The most hits I ever got for a story on my mostly defunct blog was 21K, and that was with a story about it on Yahoo Sports...

So yes, 10 million hits a year is a lot. I'm sure it's the most by all the blogs/fansites by a large margin!

Offline Baseball is Life

• Proud member of the Sunshine Squad.
« Reply #15: January 06, 2012, 09:07:34 PM »
Oh, yeah. This is by far the coolest Nats board around. This is where I get my Nats news first. I also appreciate the moderator's efforts to keep things civil around here.

Offline The Chief

« Reply #16: January 06, 2012, 09:12:50 PM »
Oh, yeah. This is by far the coolest Nats board around. This is where I get my Nats news first. I also appreciate the moderator's efforts to keep things civil around here.

Even when I pick on you? :poke: :mg:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #17: January 06, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »
Even when I pick on you? :poke: :mg:

Oh, it's all good. I usually deserve it.

One thing I always keep in mind is that we are all passionate Nats fans or we wouldn't be on here. Yes, that even goes for the LoD.:~)

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #18: January 06, 2012, 09:29:37 PM »

Thanks Blue!  BEST LAUGH IVE HAD ALL DAY!

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #19: January 06, 2012, 09:36:26 PM »
Oh, it's all good. I usually deserve it.

One thing I always keep in mind is that we are all passionate Nats fans or we wouldn't be on here. Yes, that even goes for the LoD.:~)

:shock: A SSS member that realizes we're ALL Nats fans

:mg:

Offline Baseball is Life

« Reply #20: January 06, 2012, 09:49:35 PM »
:shock: A SSS member that realizes we're ALL Nats fans

:mg:
Of course, the LoD is passionate because they care. I've said that many times. Never questioned their loyalty...just the way they show it.:!)

Offline bud

« Reply #21: January 06, 2012, 09:56:00 PM »
This is, by far, my favorite Nats forum.

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #22: January 06, 2012, 10:02:17 PM »
Of course, the LoD is passionate because they care. I've said that many times. Never questioned their loyalty...just the way they show it.:!)

I know, just :poke: ing :P

Online zimm_da_kid

• The one true ace
« Reply #23: January 07, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »
This is by far the best Nats news source because there are over a dozen people who post rumors and tweets as soon as they come out.

Offline InsaneBoost

• Censored
« Reply #24: January 07, 2012, 03:51:15 AM »
I will agree with bud, I searched A LOT for a nice Nationals forum and indeed signed up over here in 2008, I assume when the site opened or close to that time. Must not have been active yet or very active because I didn't stay long, but when I came back, big poppin. Haven't left yet.

I know a lot of members don't like the Extremeskins comparison, but this site reminds me A LOT of Extremeskins, before it got big and all the BS threads and what not were made. Back when ES was an actually nice place to talk Redskins football and could do it logically without just ignorant post about 100 times a day.