Author Topic: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1  (Read 32531 times)

Offline hammondsnats

Re: Nationals @ Giants, Game 1
« Reply #575: May 12, 2009, 12:19:35 AM »
No crap sherlock. But without those 4 walks AFTER the freaking error. We'd be down 1 right now. What are we down by. 4!!!! Oh Know! AZ is right about everything!

in this season of 20 losses, there are worse things.  if he catches it, we have the lead.  i'm not sticking up crab, he was trash tonight, but you gotta make that play.  i'm reeming willingham just as much as i reemed dukes when he dropped that fly ball.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #576: May 12, 2009, 12:19:39 AM »
I don't know... Kensing was ok last year... and a somewhat proven commodity.

Gunderson may never even see AAA.

Offline PC

« Reply #577: May 12, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »

...yet he's STILL worth more than Kensing!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #578: May 12, 2009, 12:20:50 AM »
i'm reeming willingham just as much as i reemed dukes when he dropped that fly ball.

that's the thing. if that's Dukes making that error, everyone on here is breathing fire. but it's the good guy Willingham who everyone loves, so they let it slide.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #579: May 12, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »
Okay, I'm going to unignore everyone I've had on ignore. They all get quoted constantly anyways, so I still get tempted to reply to their ridiculousness.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #580: May 12, 2009, 12:21:21 AM »
If he doesn't give the free pass to Winn with the HBP, the inning ends before the play to Willingham.

Regardless, if Cabrera lets the play to Willingham rattle him, he shouldn't be pitching. He shouldn't be pitching anyway, because he is a disgrace. Willingham's play allowed two runs to score. Cabrera's pitching made it all possible, and he cost the team more than everyone else combined.

Cabrera should be immediately released. He's garbage.
Ok, fine.  Execute in one of those plays.  I don't care which one.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #581: May 12, 2009, 12:21:26 AM »
Another game where we give up ten runs! Jesus. Four games of our last seven the other team has scored ten runs or more, including the suspended game. Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #582: May 12, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »
I agree Kensing is crap.

But I think Rizzo's decision making prior to the move was sound.

It turned out to be crap, and Kensing should have been sent packing yesterday... but I can't argue with what he tried to do in the first place.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #583: May 12, 2009, 12:21:49 AM »
I don't know... Kensing was ok last year... and a somewhat proven commodity.

I'd rather have Gunderson. We'd probably have a few more wins at this point if we hadn't made that move.

Kensing is far from a proven commodity. :rofl: He has a 5.56 Career ML ERA.

This year his ERA is 13.14. He's the worst reliever in all of baseball.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #584: May 12, 2009, 12:22:47 AM »
in this season of 20 losses, there are worse things.  if he catches it, we have the lead.  i'm not sticking up crab, he was trash tonight, but you gotta make that play.  i'm reeming willingham just as much as i reemed dukes when he dropped that fly ball.

Come on dude, Willingham freaked us in the ass and gave up 2 runs. We'd be down 1 right now if Cabrera didn't continue is crap crusade to bring in Logan to follow his steps.

4-3 Lead would've been nice, but this bullpen blows so much dick, we'd probably be out of it, but a different route taken.

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #585: May 12, 2009, 12:22:49 AM »
that's the thing. if that's Dukes making that error, everyone on here is breathing fire. but it's the good guy Willingham who everyone loves, so they let it slide.

Bullcrap. a) Nobody is letting it slide. and b) if Dukes made the mistake, it would be a costly error just as much as it is when anyone else makes an error that costs runs. But you can't excuse Cabrera for completely blowing this game. He's a disgrace to baseball.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #586: May 12, 2009, 12:22:58 AM »

i'm letting him have it.  i don't care if he hit three home runs the last two days.  if he's gonna nag about playing time than don't make these freakin mistakes.

i have a buddy who is at the game and he's not a cabrera fan, but he texted me and said wow willingham really freaked up this one. 

i agree cabrera has got to be stronger mentally with letting that crap slide, but at the same time willingham has to bring that ball in.

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #587: May 12, 2009, 12:23:54 AM »

No, I can go back 6 pages and quote everyone who talked crap about Willingham dropping it. If you can't do the same, your blind or dumb. Probably both. He freaked us too.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #588: May 12, 2009, 12:24:02 AM »
It looks really cold there right now.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #589: May 12, 2009, 12:24:19 AM »
i'm letting him have it.  i don't care if he hit three home runs the last two days.  if he's gonna nag about playing time than don't make these freakin mistakes.

i have a buddy who is at the game and he's not a cabrera fan, but he texted me and said wow willingham really freaked up this one. 

i agree cabrera has got to be stronger mentally with letting that crap slide, but at the same time willingham has to bring that ball in.
freak them both. :clap: :clap:

I am disgusted in both of their performances equally.

Offline DPMOmaha

« Reply #590: May 12, 2009, 12:25:01 AM »
No, I can go back 6 pages and quote everyone who talked crap about Willingham dropping it. If you can't do the same, your blind or dumb. Probably both. He freaked us too.
There's plenty of blame to go around this year...everyone's had a hand in it at some point this year.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #591: May 12, 2009, 12:25:09 AM »
Two soft tossing lefties, Beimel and Villone, are the 2 best pitchers in our pen. :?

Offline shoeshineboy

• Walks Kill!! Walks Kill! Walks Kill!!!!
« Reply #592: May 12, 2009, 12:25:35 AM »

Willingham blew that play completely. And it cost us two runs. crap happens. But the Giants have scored 10! That's on the crappy pitching.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #593: May 12, 2009, 12:26:07 AM »
freak them both. :clap: :clap:

I am disgusted in both of their performances equally.

I'm disgusted, but certainly not equally. Willingham at least got a HR to offset his error. Cabrera just plain sucks and has no positive effect on this team. Willingham has a strong future with this team if he just loses the roughness around the edges. Cabrera has a strong future as a janitor or some equally bottom barrel career.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #594: May 12, 2009, 12:26:56 AM »
I'm disgusted, but certainly not equally. Willingham at least got a HR to offset his error. Cabrera just plain sucks and has no positive effect on this team. Willingham has a strong future with this team if he just loses the roughness around the edges. Cabrera has a strong future as a janitor or some equally bottom barrel career.
definitely. that mother freaker is stealing money from this organization. belongs in a circus or some crap

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #595: May 12, 2009, 12:27:30 AM »
Nice swing, Guz. Dude LOVES to hit the first pitch if it's in the strike zone.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #596: May 12, 2009, 12:28:53 AM »
of course it's a DP :?

Offline Lintyfresh85

• World Champions!!!
« Reply #597: May 12, 2009, 12:28:56 AM »
Guz.

Sigh.

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #598: May 12, 2009, 12:29:07 AM »
Damn. Nothing you can do about that one.

Offline Coladar

« Reply #599: May 12, 2009, 12:29:10 AM »
We can't even catch a damned break anymore. What should have been a hit = DP. *sigh*