Author Topic: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?  (Read 9976 times)

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
Re: Credit to Next Year Season Ticket Account?
« Reply #125: November 03, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
You guys who have the Nats holding your money... One of you ought to get a lawyer...

someone write the post and then someone else should write boz

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #126: November 03, 2012, 08:38:05 PM »
And miss out on all that interest?  Surely you jest. What other explanation is there for why it's taken so long?  If the Nats were using an ERP like SAP and established proper business rules this could have been taken care of weeks ago. Instead here we are.

Too cheap for SAP :roll: /s

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #127: November 03, 2012, 08:42:43 PM »
someone write the post and then someone else should write boz

And they're going to ask you "did you read the legalese?"  If you bend over and lube up, expect to get freaked.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #128: November 03, 2012, 08:43:51 PM »
And they're going to ask you "did you read the legalese?"  If you bend over and lube up, expect to get freaked.

"Who gives a freak about the past!" Move on already.   >:(

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #129: November 03, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

I'm just wondering what the legalese is? This is the only stuff I found on refunds:

REFUNDS

In the event that a game is not necessary and therefore not played, all single game purchases for that game will automatically be refunded to the card on which it was purchased.  No refunds will be issued for played games for any reason.
Any single game tickets purchased through Tickets.com, over the phone or online, for games that go un-played will have the face value of the ticket and the convenience fee refunded. All other fees are non-refundable.
Season Ticket Holders – Postseason strip payments for un-played games will be applied toward your 2013 season ticket plan. The handling fee is non-refundable. Any single game tickets purchased through a Season Ticket Holder presale will be automatically refunded to the card on which they were purchased.
Refunds for un-played 2012 Washington Nationals postseason games will begin to be issued on Monday, October 22. Please note that refunds may take 7-10 days to process.

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/postseason.jsp

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #130: November 03, 2012, 08:50:18 PM »
I'm just wondering what the legalese is? This is the only stuff I found on refunds:

http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/was/ticketing/postseason.jsp

I'll scan in the paperwork they sent me on the strips if I can find it. It was pretty lengthy and meant to obfuscate the obvious - you aren't getting your money back once you give it to us, we'll credit your account but its gone if you bought strips. 

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #131: November 03, 2012, 08:52:03 PM »
I'll scan in the paperwork they sent me on the strips if I can find it. It was pretty lengthy and meant to obfuscate the obvious - you aren't getting your money back once you give it to us, we'll credit your account but its gone if you bought strips. 

That'd be nice, I can't find the small font that was at the bottom of the shopping cart when I ordered online.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #132: November 03, 2012, 08:59:53 PM »
That'd be nice, I can't find the small font that was at the bottom of the shopping cart when I ordered online.

We're talking about two separate things. When you bought tickets during the presales or public sales there were a different, more generous refund policy associated with those tickets. However, many of us that bought through those sales STILL haven't gotten refunded which is a real kick to the balls given the premium we paid for those tickets and how long it's been since the Nats got eliminated.

The playoff "strips" (this was really nice cardstock and consisted of a tiebreaker game, the WC playin game, the NLDS, NLCS, and WS tickets) required a separate contract and was sold using a separate set of business rules. If you look back through this thread there's been a lot of confusing communication from the Nats but I'm not one to believe anything that's in writing endorsed by Feffer or some other Lerner minion. What I received from Feffer laid out that any monies I gave the Nats for playoff strips is money I wouldn't receive a refund for but would get an account credit for future ST sales should the Nats not play through to game 7 of the WS (and also play the playin game and the tiebreaker :smh:). The problem is it doesn't appear that's happened for people either.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #133: November 03, 2012, 09:02:54 PM »
Yeah I understand the legalese would be different, but I'd still like to take a look :) especially since I'm considering partial STH seats this year...

Offline spidernat

« Reply #134: November 03, 2012, 09:05:48 PM »
I'm just wondering what the legalese is?

Easy, LAC or Lerner Avarice Code.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #135: November 03, 2012, 09:08:20 PM »
Yeah I understand the legalese would be different, but I'd still like to take a look :) especially since I'm considering partial STH seats this year...

Don't let this dissuade you from becoming a STH, this is just more of the Nats being the Nats. My ticket rep is great, but even he was like "nobody knows what's going on with this crap" on the strips. I'm not even sure if I got a contract from the Nats when I became a STH but its been hassle free since day one. I am disappointed they aren't going to give us the nice card stock this year, I always looked forward to getting that box each year.

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #136: November 03, 2012, 09:17:28 PM »
 :phew: Glad to hear being a STH doesn't suck and that this is more of a postseason problem.  I have no clue if I'll do it, depends on where I'll end up this summer, but considering I went to 15+ games this year I might as well just spring for a 1/4th season. In the end it'll be cheaper and I'll have a regular seat.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #137: November 03, 2012, 09:28:44 PM »
We do it so we set aside time to go to games at least 20 times a season (though we usually average 40). You can do better, price wise, on the secondary market but I like knowing I have the same seat for at least the majority of the games I go to. Plus it's nice to get to know the other STH in your section and ushers/concession people. Last season the lady at Flippin' Pizza always gave me ice before asking, which was cool.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #138: November 04, 2012, 08:39:48 AM »
:phew: Glad to hear being a STH doesn't suck and that this is more of a postseason problem.  I have no clue if I'll do it, depends on where I'll end up this summer, but considering I went to 15+ games this year I might as well just spring for a 1/4th season. In the end it'll be cheaper and I'll have a regular seat.

It's not necessarily cheaper, for most games you can get cheaper seats on StubHub, however for the increasing number of games that have large crowds it is nice to have the plan tickets.  The benefits of being a plan holder are significant, with the Red Carpet Rewards, the invite to the fan appreciation day, and the ticket exchanges, although the RCR are being scaled down this year.  Of course the downside is that you lose a little flexibility in picking games at the last minute based on your schedule, the weather, and pitching match-ups.

I have the cheapest possible plan, 20 games with a single $10 seat in section 222, it's great because I get all the perks of being a plan holder for a minimal commitment. Another thing to look into is to split a plan with someone, I'm in another group where I buy tickets to a small number of games that gets me into the good seats a few times a year.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #139: November 04, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
We do it so we set aside time to go to games at least 20 times a season (though we usually average 40). You can do better, price wise, on the secondary market but I like knowing I have the same seat for at least the majority of the games I go to. Plus it's nice to get to know the other STH in your section and ushers/concession people. Last season the lady at Flippin' Pizza always gave me ice before asking, which was cool.

This including ice from the flipping piazza lady.
I had no problems trading tickets I couldn't attend for games I could attend.  I hardly used my RCR tickets at all.
I'm signed on for the 3 year deal! 
Btw.  Seats in the 220s are as I recall on the first base side.  BRING SUNSCREEN because you are in the sun allll day!  At least that was my experience the first season in 226.  Now I'm in 310 and love it.  About $22 per ticket for 20 games

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #140: November 04, 2012, 11:23:35 AM »
It's not necessarily cheaper, for most games you can get cheaper seats on StubHub, however for the increasing number of games that have large crowds it is nice to have the plan tickets.  The benefits of being a plan holder are significant, with the Red Carpet Rewards, the invite to the fan appreciation day, and the ticket exchanges, although the RCR are being scaled down this year.  Of course the downside is that you lose a little flexibility in picking games at the last minute based on your schedule, the weather, and pitching match-ups.

I have the cheapest possible plan, 20 games with a single $10 seat in section 222, it's great because I get all the perks of being a plan holder for a minimal commitment. Another thing to look into is to split a plan with someone, I'm in another group where I buy tickets to a small number of games that gets me into the good seats a few times a year.
Good to know. Maybe it necessarily isn't cheaper but it's nice to know I'll have tickets to specific games way ahead of time and not have to worry about getting there early or patrolling StubHub.

And I wish I could share a plan with someone else but I don't work in an office yet or really have anyone else to share a plan with :| Maybe in a few years.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #141: November 04, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Good to know. Maybe it necessarily isn't cheaper but it's nice to know I'll have tickets to specific games way ahead of time and not have to worry about getting there early or patrolling StubHub.

And I wish I could share a plan with someone else but I don't work in an office yet or really have anyone else to share a plan with :| Maybe in a few years.

The group that I'm in came together primarily from Craigslist, the MLB message board and Twitter, you should have no problem finding a ticket group online, WNFF has a number of people sharing tickets in various pricing levels.

Online JCA-CrystalCity

• Global Moderator
  • Platoon - not just a movie, a baseball obsession
« Reply #142: November 04, 2012, 01:07:58 PM »
Who had money still due back and were charged on november 1 under the installment plan (whatever they call it)?  I was not charged.  To me, it does not seem like a surprise that they are crediting my installments as they are due against the balance of the overpayment.  I think that is what I expected from reading the contract. 

As for the single game refunds, I got mine last week.  I don't know why some STH got those and others did not.  As for the extra strips, I blew my chance to buy them, so I don't know the deal on that.

Offline NatsDad14

« Reply #143: November 04, 2012, 06:06:43 PM »
freaking cheap bastards will never change their ways. You dont become a 4 billionaire by not exploiting free interest from suckers.

Offline Boss Dealwiler

• Hit the lights.
« Reply #144: November 05, 2012, 07:07:39 AM »
freaking cheap bastards will never change their ways. You dont become a 4 billionaire by not exploiting free interest from suckers.

This isn't about them being cheap, this is about a half billion dollar organization being run like the Hooterville Express. Now, if you were to say this is them being greedy for keeping the strip money there's really only two reasonable response to that - one, they're not being greedy, this is just them being incompetent like usual, or two, it was a 60 day CD.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #145: November 05, 2012, 08:58:48 AM »
I've decided to change my avatar in honor of those of you getting screwed on this deal. 
  /
 /
/  =========================================
\  =========================================
  \
   \

Offline lastobjective

• Natitude
« Reply #146: November 05, 2012, 10:32:06 AM »
My father inquired about his tickets, he got this response.

Hi (removed),

Thank you for your email. All single game NLCS tickets/parking passes were refunded last Wednesday and Thursday. We would expect the refund will appear on your bank statement this week.

Best Regards,

The Washington Nationals Sales and Service Staff

So thiose who got single game tickets hopefully your refunds appear soon.

Offline PowerBoater69

• Twitter
« Reply #147: November 05, 2012, 10:51:17 AM »
Finally got my refund, a little communication from the team would have been nice, but that would have obviously added to the service charge fee, so I'm happy to have the money back.

Offline PANatsFan

• dogs in uncensored, nudes in gameday
« Reply #148: November 05, 2012, 10:37:23 PM »
Got my credit. It was 2 weeks after the scheduled game - not a big deal.

Offline spidernat

« Reply #149: November 05, 2012, 11:04:08 PM »
The Nats were eliminated 24 days ago so using the date of game 7 of the NLCS is a joke. But anything to shield daddy Lerner.  :lmao:  Did he ever pull that same trick with your allowance?  :lol: