Author Topic: Putt putt minigolf  (Read 1709 times)

Offline houston-nat

Putt putt minigolf
« Topic Start: April 09, 2012, 11:41:38 PM »
Best sport ever.

Went to a putt putt course in Orlando with my friends on spring break. They had a sign saying no alcohol. Gosh! ...Still a lot of fun though. I won by a stroke. We all got our holes in one on the same hole.

Offline The Chief

• http://www.wnff.net
Re: Putt putt minigolf
« Reply #1: April 09, 2012, 11:42:39 PM »
We all got our holes in one on the same hole.

I actually :spit: for real

Offline Nathan

• Wow. Such warnings. Very baseball. Moderator Doge.
« Reply #2: April 09, 2012, 11:43:22 PM »
Yet nothing about "one stroke" :mg:

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #3: April 09, 2012, 11:47:55 PM »
hell yeah.  favorite putt putt courses?

putt-putt in rockville was heaven for me growing up.

^
rocky gorge also has a special place in my heart.

lot of great places in ocean city.  wish they were open year round though.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #4: April 09, 2012, 11:57:53 PM »
San Antonio, TX, has like no putt putt places. It really frustrates me. I am super-deprived.

Houston had a glow-in-the-dark indoor course.

Offline hammondsnats

« Reply #5: April 09, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
i don't care how old you are, taking a date to play putt putt is always a good time.

Offline houston-nat

« Reply #6: April 10, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
i don't care how old you are, taking a date to play putt putt is always a good time.

If she thinks minigolf is lame, there's something wrong with her anyway.

Offline Ali the Baseball Cat

• babble on
« Reply #7: April 10, 2012, 01:26:22 PM »
Last year we went to a grass putt putt course in Corolla on the outer banks that had a huge osprey nest on a light pole right in the middle of the course.  There were three large osprey chicks getting ready to fledge (jumping up and down and catching the wind in their wings).  Whenever mom or dad came back with a fish, they would tear it to crap and scales and slime would come flying over the side (plus the occasional projectile blast of crap).  It was awesome.

Offline Minty Fresh

• BOOM!
« Reply #8: April 10, 2012, 01:29:06 PM »
Pirates Cove in Yarmouth, MA >>>>  Any putt-putt course in the universe.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #9: April 10, 2012, 01:56:48 PM »
While it isn't much of a course, 9 compact holes sqeezed in the back of a row house, the H Street Country Club has indoor minature golf and the added bonus of being able to take your drink with you.  :glug:  :cheers:

I wish I could come up with better year round Metro accessable options but so far I have found nothing.

Now that East Potomac Park's mini golf course is open I suspect we will give it shot. It looks rather retro but entertaining.  :old:

This area could really use a killer indoor course. :mg:

• babble on
« Reply #10: April 10, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »
That one in the park is like a fly in amber...excellent. 

Offline cmdterps44

• Future
« Reply #11: April 10, 2012, 02:21:31 PM »
Last year we went to a grass putt putt course in Corolla on the outer banks that had a huge osprey nest on a light pole right in the middle of the course.  There were three large osprey chicks getting ready to fledge (jumping up and down and catching the wind in their wings).  Whenever mom or dad came back with a fish, they would tear it to crap and scales and slime would come flying over the side (plus the occasional projectile blast of crap).  It was awesome.

Sounds fantastic.

They really need to have a drinking mini golf place. It'd be dope.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #12: April 10, 2012, 02:28:08 PM »
Sounds fantastic.

Hey, the snack stand sold tallboys for you to take on the course. It was awesome. Funny no one else wanted to go with us, but it was one of the highlights of the trip to that craphole.

Offline Kevrock

• That’s gonna be a no from me, doge.
« Reply #13: April 10, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
Sounds fantastic.

There used to be a bar in Baltimore that had a small mini-golf course. It was in Powerplant or whatever.

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #14: April 10, 2012, 04:55:19 PM »
Its been ages and ages since I "Putt-Putt(ed) for the Fun of it". Way back before the Rockville one closed centuries ago. Actually I take that back a little I might have been to one in VA a few years after Rockville closed. Not sure though and don't remember which/where it was or if it was "Putt-Putt" or just a Miniature Golf course.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #15: April 11, 2012, 06:33:20 AM »
Capt Kirk.  The one on Rollins Ave off Rockville Pike?  I think it was a Putt Putt.  Ah, Putt Putt and then to Shakeys Pizza for lunch; Good times!

We do have a course here in Manassas, right next to NATHANS ice cream on Mathis Ave.

Offline Obed_Marsh

« Reply #16: April 11, 2012, 07:32:52 AM »
Sounds fantastic.

I guess you have me on ignore. H Street Country Club. :mg:

Offline captkirk42

• Curly W Cards
« Reply #17: April 11, 2012, 10:46:33 AM »
Capt Kirk.  The one on Rollins Ave off Rockville Pike?  I think it was a Putt Putt.  Ah, Putt Putt and then to Shakeys Pizza for lunch; Good times!

We do have a course here in Manassas, right next to NATHANS ice cream on Mathis Ave.

I know the one on Rockville was a Putt-Putt. I was saying that the one I didn't know the name of was in Virginia. Sorry for the confusion. It could have been that one in Manassas, or something in Winchester or even way down in the Hampton Roads area. It was at a time when a group of my friends lived in VA. When I first met them they lived in Fairfax, then moved to Winchester, to Newport News (it might have been when they lived there), back to Winchester or Stephen's City (near Winchester), to Miami, FL back to Winchester, back to Miami then to Lewisville (Dallas area), TX where they currently are.

Offline imref

• Re-contending in 202...5?
« Reply #18: April 11, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
Best sport ever.

Went to a putt putt course in Orlando with my friends on spring break. They had a sign saying no alcohol. Gosh! ...Still a lot of fun though. I won by a stroke. We all got our holes in one on the same hole.

go to Gatinburg/Pigeon Forge, I've never seen so many putt-putt places in my life.  Davy Crockett was our favorite.

Offline Frau Mau

• Good boy!
« Reply #19: April 11, 2012, 11:48:14 AM »
There used to be one in Ballston. Ah, the good old days.

Offline saltydad

« Reply #20: April 11, 2012, 06:50:53 PM »
There was a mini golf course years ago out New Hampshire Avenue before it became the Avenue of Churches and high end developments. Can't remember the name. Took a 1st date there once when I was 15; she never made it to the 2nd.

• babble on
« Reply #21: April 11, 2012, 07:02:12 PM »
Hole in one!!

There was a mini golf course years ago out New Hampshire Avenue before it became the Avenue of Churches and high end developments. Can't remember the name. Took a 1st date there once when I was 15; she never made it to the 2nd.

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #22: April 11, 2012, 08:01:04 PM »
I know the one on Rockville was a Putt-Putt. I was saying that the one I didn't know the name of was in Virginia. Sorry for the confusion. It could have been that one in Manassas, or something in Winchester or even way down in the Hampton Roads area. It was at a time when a group of my friends lived in VA. When I first met them they lived in Fairfax, then moved to Winchester, to Newport News (it might have been when they lived there), back to Winchester or Stephen's City (near Winchester), to Miami, FL back to Winchester, back to Miami then to Lewisville (Dallas area), TX where they currently are.

Not criticizing.  Just going down memory lane!

I think the one here in Manassas is the Magic Putting Place.  There also used to be one in Centreville off 28 near Machen lane but Im not sure if it still exists anymore.

Offline 1995hoo

« Reply #23: April 12, 2012, 09:14:52 AM »
Top Golf in Kingstowne, down the street from where I live, has two 18-hole minigolf courses, the "mountain" course and the "desert" course. The "desert" one is pretty damn difficult, too. I don't care if it makes me a geek, I bring my own putter with me whenever I play there.