Author Topic: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1  (Read 13893 times)

Offline houston-nat

Re: Nationals vs Phillies, Game 1
« Reply #275: May 19, 2008, 09:57:36 PM »
Redding has faced the Phils twice this year. We won the first game 1-0 and the second game 4-0. Domination.

And it's especially awesome because when I left, in inning 2, we were commenting that he was getting "hit hard" and was "playing with fire".

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #276: May 19, 2008, 10:06:48 PM »
THE NATS SHUTOUT THE "POTENT" PHILLIES OFFENSE!!!  :woop: :woop: :thumbs:

REDDING WITH A GEM!

L MILLZ BREAKS OUT WITH 2 DOUBLES! HE RIPPED THAT SECOND ONE! I'M CONFIDENT IN HIS SKILLS, HE'LL GET IT GOIN'.

R.Z. 2/3 CONTINUING TO PROVE HE'S HEATING UP, AS WELL AS TWO BEAUTIFUL WEB GEMS CONTINUING TO PROVE THAT HE'S THE UNCONTESTED BEST DEFENSIVE 3B IN BASEBALL.

GUUUUUUZ-MAN 3/4, 3 RUNS! everybody wants to talk about reyes, rollins, and ramirez but don't forget about guuuuz-man!

Offline Air Zimmerman

• best 3b in the business
« Reply #277: May 19, 2008, 10:24:02 PM »
o ya, zimmerman also walked too  :P

look what i just ordered:

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #278: May 19, 2008, 10:29:40 PM »
They reviewed the game on Comcast.  There was was strike out of Howard, that almost wiped that smug look off his face!  "Strikeout?  ME?!"   :roll:

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #279: May 19, 2008, 10:38:39 PM »
MVP: Milledge, Redding, or let 'em share it?

I say a split but I would give honorable mention to Guzman who was busy on defense and had 3 hits and scored 3 runs.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #280: May 19, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
I say a split but I would give honorable mention to Guzman who was busy on defense and had 3 hits and scored 3 runs.
Definitely. I'd also give Saul honorable mention for picking up those 2 outs in the 7th. Had he given up a hit to Victorino or Utley it would have been a 1 or 2 run game.

Offline spidernat

• The Lerners are Cheap AND Crooked
« Reply #281: May 19, 2008, 10:42:03 PM »
Definitely. I'd also give Saul honorable mention for picking up those 2 outs in the 7th. Had he given up a hit to Victorino or Utley it would have been a 1 or 2 run game.

I forgot how clutch that was. Ayala was key tonight also. It was a good team victory in that a lot of guys contributed. That's just what we need. Hopefully we'll start getting some breaks and things will turn around   :clap:

Offline ronnynat

« Reply #282: May 19, 2008, 11:04:15 PM »
I missed a lot of this one, but I heard Zimmerman did a lot to keep the lead intact w/ his glove. Sounded like an all-around good game for the team.

Offline sportsfan882

« Reply #283: May 19, 2008, 11:06:38 PM »
I missed a lot of this one, but I heard Zimmerman did a lot to keep the lead intact w/ his glove. Sounded like an all-around good game for the team.
He made two really, really nice plays. You can see one of the plays on the Nationals.com. If you watch Sportsnite or SportsRise on CSN I'm sure they'll show them both. Maybe they'll even be web gems on BBTN.

Offline EmpireNat

• Hit 'em Hard
« Reply #284: May 20, 2008, 11:30:17 AM »
An important win for us to kick off the series, with a series victory we can keep looking forward, as the division is tight atm. After our dreadful start, it looks like we have really come round these past few weeks, I dont know the stats but it feels like we have been playing around .500 ball, if it wasnt for the poor start we would look a lot better right now.

Positives -

Zimmerman really hitting form
Pitching staff looking brilliant
Guzman continuing to hit well
Bullpen making fewer mistakes
We are finally finding ways to win games

Offline saltydad

« Reply #285: May 20, 2008, 01:42:05 PM »
Got back from NY (Shawn's graduation) in time for the game, but have been socked with a dilly of a cold for a week. Had to take Nyquel and fell asleep watching to this wonderful outcome. :D Fanf***ingtastic!!!

Offline CALSGR8

• BE LOUD. BE PROUD. BE POSITIVE!
« Reply #286: May 20, 2008, 01:45:07 PM »
Got back from NY (Shawn's graduation) in time for the game, but have been socked with a dilly of a cold for a week. Had to take Nyquel and fell asleep watching to this wonderful outcome. :D Fanf***ingtastic!!!

And way to go Shawn!   :thumbs: :woop:

Offline saltydad

« Reply #287: May 20, 2008, 05:08:17 PM »
And way to go Shawn!   :thumbs: :woop:

He graduated cum laude and in several honor societies. He starts work at PCW 9/15. And that 's where I should stop spouting off about my wonderful son before I nauseate the entire board. Thanks.